IGNORED

Home form.

Robbored

Three back to back away wins and two home defeats and a draw in City's last three home games. Big difference.

Why are City struggling so much at AG? and yet getting crucial results away.

Maybe the players aren't coping with the home fans expectations or is it that LJ sets up differently away from AG ? :dunno:

i sure we all wish that City could replicate the away results at AG.

its certainly worrying. Its not like the fans aren't behind them - support like performances could always be better but in the situation were in the fans seem to be right behind the team and can see the level of effort.

We had a similar conversation today as well , it's an interesting thought, perhaps it is the pressure . It might be that when we are away we get more time on the ball when we are attacking as the home team don't  sit so deep like Cardiff did today. We get plenty of chances but just don't seem to have the quality to put them away under pressure so are they getting more time to compose themselves before pulling the trigger away from home?

5 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

I thought Cardiff were average at best

I didn't. They had us the first 20 and took the lead and then managed the game well ultimately hitting us on the break. Sure they gave us the ball, but they didn't let us do much with it bar cross direct to Marshall to gobble up. 

They won without sweating away from home, no matter how you dress it up that is almost never average. 

If we had got an equaliser in the 2nd half, I felt we would have gone on to win.

Don't confuse our lack of cutting edge with them being anything better than they are.

I have seen much better teams at Ashton Gate this season than Cardiff.

They didn't manage the game anywhere near as well as Brighton did.

22 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

If we had got an equaliser in the 2nd half, I felt we would have gone on to win.

Don't confuse our lack of cutting edge with them being anything better than they are.

I have seen much better teams at Ashton Gate this season than Cardiff.

They didn't manage the game anywhere near as well as Brighton did.

I felt we could play another 45 mins and never score not down to our own profligacy. They had the matching of us and restricted us to one real Tomlin chance and a few speculative efforts from range. 

And I agree I've seen better away performances, not many more efficient ones though. 

A mention for their centre half - Manga? - too, he was incredible. 

56 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Three back to back away wins and two home defeats and a draw in City's last three home games. Big difference.

The biggest difference being that the home win against Ipswich means we have a win and two defeats in our last three home games .... zzzzz

6 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I felt we could play another 45 mins and never score. They had the matching of us and restricted us to one real Tomlin chance and a few speculative efforts from range. 

And I agree I've seen better away performances, not many more efficient ones though. 

A mention for their centre half - Manga? - too, he was incredible. 

Funny you should say that, the taffy commentator and Kevin Ratcliffe both kept saying he was a liability and should have been taken off at half time! Wasn`t there so can`t comment but it does go to show it`s all about opinions.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Funny you should say that, the taffy commentator and Kevin Ratcliffe both kept saying he was a liability and should have been taken off at half time! Wasn`t there so can`t comment but it does go to show it`s all about opinions.

I didn't realise they had anything to defend in the first half? 

I was chewing on a prawn sandwich from the Ateyo Bistro though. 

45 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Maybe it is more to do with the quality of the teams we have played. Charlton, MKD and Forest are not as good as Brum, Cardiff and Brighton.....

The season as a whole, we've won more away than home, normally you'd expect to win nearly twice as many home than away.

1 hour ago, Red white and red said:

Have we had 2 home defeats? Only Leeds comes to mind. 

Ignore this post, just seen the post date... 

I nearly fell for that too! I was gonna point out to @Robbored that only two away wins in a row could be described as 'back to back' - three would be 'consecutive'.... but then I noticed the date of the post and thought, I can't be bothered now, crack open the merlot!

FFS yes we lost to Leeds, and also lost to struggling Birmingham. Leeds I can sort of understand although it shouldnt've have happened considering the fact they are losing games all around them, and the Brum game, the same thing, lost to everyone else, somehow beat us.

My mate at the time of the Brum game said "yeah but Brum are faves to go up thats why we lost" I was in disbelief!!!!

But then this is footy in this league and its been shown with other teams, anyone can beat anyone.

Also FFS at the age of this topic not only that, we have the same stat 4 wins/3 draws/1 loss for both home AND away currently, it looks like Tammys scan is going fishing. :fish:

4 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

FFS yes we lost to Leeds, and also lost to struggling Birmingham. Leeds I can sort of understand although it shouldnt've have happened considering the fact they are losing games all around them, and the Brum game, the same thing, lost to everyone else, somehow beat us.

My mate at the time of the Brum game said "yeah but Brum are faves to go up thats why we lost" I was in disbelief!!!!

But then this is footy in this league and its been shown with other teams, anyone can beat anyone.

Also FFS at the age of this topic not only that, we have the same stat 4 wins/3 draws/1 loss for both home AND away currently, it looks like Tammys scan is going fishing. :fish:

I was just surprised at the similarities :fear:

12 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

I was just surprised at the similarities :fear:

The stats are similar but the difference this season is that City don't look as if they're going to lose any Championship game. 

Obviously City will lose games before the 46 matches are completed but the squad go into games with significantly more confidence now then when I posted the op.

Most of us have noticed that there's a different, more positive attitude and feel about the entire club and that's down to LJ and his  hand picked backroom staff.

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The stats are similar but the difference this season is that City don't look as if they're going to lose any Championship game. 

Obviously City will lose games before the 46 matches are completed but the squad go into games with significantly more confidence now then when I posted the op.

Most of us have noticed that there's a different, more positive attitude and feel about the entire club and that's down to LJ and his  hand picked backroom staff.

Thankyou for explaining this to me.

:facepalm:

Archived