IGNORED

Nathan Baker

Paul Cheesey

Asked how he would look back at the season. He said it's been good. He came to get games and he did. His tone and demeanour wasn't one that sounded like he was coming back but he got a question and answered it. Don't think you can read too much into it. He'd be a good buy but at the right price. Rather have someone more comfortable on the ball if we are going to spend big on a CB. 

To be fair it's pretty pie in the sky to think that he'd rather play for us than Villa. 

Villa will see him as an experienced defender with a full season of games at this level under his belt and very much an asset. 

They wont want to sell and chances are Baker will be a Villa first teamer next season. Can't blame him for wanting to play for the club he's contracted to. 

3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

At least we'll ask the question. It's the only thing we can do.

Or maybe not, he was a Cotts. signing and LJ may have others in mind...

Baker's obviously a good player at this level but injury prone and suspect temperament.

16 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I quite like Baker, but I'm not sure I'd see it as the end of the world if we lost him. 

Same for me. Unfortunately, as good as he can be there is always the risk of a Blackburn, Leeds or hull performance, where he either has or should have been removed at half time.

4 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Same for me. Unfortunately, as good as he can be there is always the risk of a Blackburn, Leeds or hull performance, where he either has or should have been removed at half time.

That's exactly it. I'd sum up Nathan Baker by saying;

most of the time he's not a liability. 

31 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

interestingly Villa fans don't seem to rate him much after a quick glance on their forum, probably gets exposed in the Premier League and I imagine is a walking red card, brilliant in the Championship though.

Fair enough.

But having seen some of the gutless bastards that have worn their shirt this season at least they'd have seen some fight from him.

If their new boss is British I fully expect them to give Baker a chance next season.

He's just playing his cards close to his chest that all I read into the interview. Obviously wants to join a PL team but that's not gonna be back at Villa.

Hes done a decent job whilst he's been here but he's a loanee so if he goes he goes.....:dunno:

Archived