IGNORED

Nathan Baker

Paul Cheesey

47 minutes ago, spudski said:

He wants to be a Prem player...also there is no manager at Villa. Depends who comes in and whether they want him.

Although he say's he is really grateful which is fair enough, he doesn't sound like a player who wants to stay either

58 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

What's the deal with Karleigh Osborne? did he go for good?

Stand to be corrected, but pretty sure he's contracted until the end of season. El-Abd will also be under contract next season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_Bristol_City_F.C._season

Now, before some wise-ass pops up....I know wikipedia is wildly unreliable. However, if this is correct, Williams, Waggy and Fielding out of contract in the summer?

I can't see any of them desperately lining up to sign. Any body know if this is the truth?

8 minutes ago, mattjtsmith said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_Bristol_City_F.C._season

Now, before some wise-ass pops up....I know wikipedia is wildly unreliable. However, if this is correct, Williams, Waggy and Fielding out of contract in the summer?

I can't see any of them desperately lining up to sign. Any body know if this is the truth?

I think Fielding signed a 4 year contract over the summer.

51 minutes ago, Big C said:

Fielding signed up to 2018 but I do believe that Williams, Osborne and Waggy are out of contract

Those are the only three out of contract.

Think Osborne will be on his way, the decisions made on the other two will be interesting and then if they are offered anything as to whether they choose to accept it..

6 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

Surprised to find on reading through this topic that nobody even mentions Derek Williams. Currently out of favour, but a good player in my opinion and quite capable of doing a job. Not disputing we may need more cover if Baker doesn't stay, but Williams seems to have been dismissed or totally forgotten by some, which strikes me as rather harsh.

Williams started the season very poorly by his own admission and has often looked uncomfortable at this level.

It may be LJ sees Derrick as a player he can improve and will keep him on to coach him accordingly, but a parting of the ways wouldn't be a big surprise.

With the probability of new signings, and Vyner, and perhaps other youngsters, coming through it's increasingly hard to see where he'll fit in.

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

Anyone not being biased would agree with me.

They do different things: 

Baker has better footwork and can bring the ball out of defence better.

Flinty wins everything in the air, scores goals and is an inspirational presence. And is less likely to mis-time a tackle.

I like 'em both.

38 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

So do you with the amount of posts you have. Deary me.

24 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Your posts per day count is way over mine!  Loooooser

The two ends of the LJ spectrum collide, if you do one thing this summer, make sure you don't miss Thatch 'I'll Booo' 35 versus Red 'backed him from the start' Dave. 

Colliding this summer. 

18 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Baker has a perfect chance to get into the Villa first team now and depending on who they buy and sell in the summer they will look to go straight up. No brainer for him to leave.

They already have 2 left sided centre backs in Lescott (he says he wants to stay) and Ciaran Clarke, who I assume Villa think more highly of than Baker, as he has played a fair few games for them this season.

1 hour ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Baker has a perfect chance to get into the Villa first team now and depending on who they buy and sell in the summer they will look to go straight up. No brainer for him to leave.

been having a nose around the villa forums and it seems although most of the fans want him back albeit as back up only so cant see him being a starter at all next season for them

2 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

They already have 2 left sided centre backs in Lescott (he says he wants to stay) and Ciaran Clarke, who I assume Villa think more highly of than Baker, as he has played a fair few games for them this season.

They can play two left footers as many teams have two right footers.  Lescott might be forced out after recent events.  Clark is definitely better than Baker and I say that as a huge Baker fan 

Villa will need to spend their parachute money very wisely, to stand a chance of competing.  I can see them really struggling, if they don't.  They won't find it easy to shift players who may be on massive wages and no relegation clause.

As for Baker....think he'll be in the Prem, with Burnley.

On 14 April 2016 at 17:41, JonDolman said:

No doubt he wants to go back to villa, a team he played for regularly in the prem and a team he supports and where he's from, and a team more likely to go up than us. Only thing I ask is, will villa want him with lescott, Clark, Richards and okorre already there?

Some good points there, plus I think villa will struggle, downward spiral and defo not convinced of their manager.

could be some applecart stocked over too, a mess of a club.

Archived