IGNORED

Section 82 19.04.16 (merged)

adamc6203

Want to get the atmosphere going but asked the club to keep them in the smallest corner of the ground. You're not out for atmosphere or the team you're out for yourselves. The video above is exhibit A. There are much cleverer ways to create atmosphere. It was quite quiet in Section 82 at times tonight. Derby never stopped drumming away and singing. Create atmosphere by not shutting up and being positive. 

No matter where you sit/stand, age 5 or 95, boys or girls, NEVER xxxx on your own fans. We're all different,sit where we want,do what we want, sing or not, we're all on the same side. I've supported our beloved Club since the old 1st Division, and I take pride in our diversity, but have never called fellow fans c*****.Shame on you! 

17 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Absolute embarrassments never see other fans singing about their own fans

I'm sure it does been to a couple of away games where there has been chanting regarding the poor atmosphere but never heard actual swearing directed to fellow fans.

Completely agree with OP some fans want to watch the match instead of chanting and not have the slightest clue what is going on in the match.

Credit to Section 82 for the atmosphere they create but what was meant as 'banter' clearly pissed alot of people off.

Have not really see this at all this season but there were spells when the Derby fans silenced the entire ground (albeit either when they equalised or went ahead). I must say seeing the 1500 Derby fans singing over the few hundred in section 82 (bearing in mind we were the home team) did put us to shame.

2 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Have not really see this at all this season but there were spells when the Derby fans silenced the entire ground (albeit either when they equalised or went ahead). I must say seeing the 1500 Derby fans singing over the few hundred in section 82 (bearing in mind we were the home team) did put us to shame.

Generally away fans are louder than home fans I wouldn't go as far to say it's shameful we did the same at brum and Fulham.

4 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

That's the problem, a few hundred out of 14000 or so. In terms of percentage the "noisy" support is very low compared with many other clubs. 

4 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

Wait until this time next season when season tickets go on sale and section 82 get moved out of the ateyo. Nothing but a crafty move by the club to spread them all across the ground once everyone else has the seats they want

The club may try that, but what would probably happen in that circumstance is large groups of ex-S82 (plus others) would congregate wherever there are clusters of empty seats and just wind up those already in such areas. 

Edit: Of course, as we will be in the Prem they will utilise every seat possible for home fans so allow S82 to stay in the Atyeo! 

Overall, think they have done a fantastic job in getting an atmosphere going.

Hopefully they reflect on this and there is no repeat. Misjudged and inappropriate to have a go at your own.

Other than that, hope they go from strength to strength.

3 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

That's the problem, a few hundred out of 14000 or so. In terms of percentage the "noisy" support is very low compared with many other clubs. 

Bar the occasional spell, the atmosphere at the gate in recent years has been horrific. 

To see the ground literally half empty at full time pretty much sums up the apathy amongst the fan base, which is sad to see. 

3 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

The club may try that, but what would probably happen in that circumstance is large groups of ex-S82 (plus others) would congregate wherever there are clusters of empty seats and just wind up those already in such areas. 

Let's not paint all of the section 82ers with the same brush. Only looked like half a dozen chanting. I can see this thread creating a bit of a divide here as someone stated earlier might be best for mods to close this down!

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Let's not paint all of the section 82ers with the same brush. Only looked like half a dozen chanting. I can see this thread creating a bit if divide here as someone stated earlier might be best for mods to close this down!

The divide was created when the the club and 'Section 82' opted to keep them in the smallest corner of the ground next season.

As for the singing tonight. One of the most cringe worthy things I've ever seen our fans do. What a bunch of bellends 

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Let's not paint all of the section 82ers with the same brush. Only looked like half a dozen chanting. I can see this thread creating a bit if divide here as someone stated earlier might be best for mods to close this down!

I didn't mean wind up in any particularly bad way linked to this chanting. I just meant generally - if the club forced loads of S82 fans to move to another section there would likely be disagreements over standing, language etc as there is sometimes at away games where fans with different priorities are forced together. The advantage with the S82 section of the Atyeo is most fans know what to expect here, and conversely what not to expect elsewhere. 

Couldn't make tonight but if that is what they were chanting then that's very sad.....people support in different ways and it's not as if they have been loud all season. 

Does anyone think that the south stand will soon become the main home end anyway once more of the ateyo is given up to away supporters

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The banter is off the charts bruv. 

6 minutes ago, BCFCDEL said:

Section 82 was class tonight.. 

When lads who checked the forum at half time starting chanting the OP's name. 

Johnson says Adam is a ****

Haha! 

Wowwwww....true class bants!!

Archived