IGNORED

Section 82 19.04.16 (merged)

adamc6203

7 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Want to get the atmosphere going but asked the club to keep them in the smallest corner of the ground. You're not out for atmosphere or the team you're out for yourselves. The video above is exhibit A. There are much cleverer ways to create atmosphere. It was quite quiet in Section 82 at times tonight. Derby never stopped drumming away and singing. Create atmosphere by not shutting up and being positive. 

And it's so popular there that even with reduced availability they still haven't sold out its allocation yet for next season !

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

There wasn't much of a choice given my the club, it's stay where they are or move into part of the Dolman and potentially displace and upset those who've had season tickets there for years.

Would have been great if the club had kept to their word and put S82 back in the  SS. A great focal point that would have improved the atmosphere at AG massively in my eyes.

Just don't buy this "we didn't want to upset Dolman fans" argument.

Sorry, it's a new stadium and a new start. To make an omelette you have to break a few eggs. Would we not have built Ashton Vale because the Dolman fans didn't want to move? They would have to have moved a couple of blocks down, hardly that much to ask. With migration to the West Stand now was the time to do it.

With a three-sided bowl and one separate stand there is an obvious solution. Get is right now and the die is cast for years. Instead we have home fans more thinly spread over 3.5 stands, segregation, and home fans moving for cup games, effectively destroying the singing section by forcing them to be distributed around the ground. All avoidable complications.

Just doesn't make sense to me how we've completey compromised the stadium design for the sake of a relatively small group of season ticket holders, most of whom would probably have understood anyway.

section 82- super fans!! Embarrassing calling own fans c***s! Just because I don't choose to dance up and down with a bot of red tin foil!! I also don't know why the club pandered to you, you shouldn't be in Atyeo next season that should just be away fans.

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

section 82- super fans!! Embarrassing calling own fans c***s! Just because I don't choose to dance up and down with a bot of red tin foil!! I also don't know why the club pandered to you, you shouldn't be in Atyeo next season that should just be away fans.

For a moment last night, just a moment,  the Atyeo WAS just away fans...

Hopefully this was a one off. 

City fans in the Atyeo are separated from the rest of the ground by a 10 meter gap. I really hope that gap doesn't get any bigger....

8 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I said those chants were low. I agree with you. 

Yet you Liked the below post which is even worse than the original behaviour 

:facepalm:

Make your mind up eh

8 hours ago, BCFCDEL said:

Section 82 was class tonight.. 

When lads who checked the forum at half time starting chanting the OP's name. 

Johnson says Adam is a ****

Haha! 

6 minutes ago, Rob k said:

This is the most ridiculous thread I've ever read 

surley it was clear to everyone it was meant in jest - there is calling somebody a**** and there is calling somebody a**** and meaning it. 

Exactly this .

I mean no one seems to mind calling  Dopey Darrell a**** or his mother a whore. So just to be clear it's OK to call someone a**** just as long as that**** is not actually you :clapping:

The trouble with Section 82, and it is the same problem they had in the East End (where I had my season ticket), is that what they want to sing isn't the kind of singing that creates a proper atmosphere. They appear to have two main aims: sing as quickly as possible and swear as much in that short time as they can. It is obvious that this causes difficulties. The songs the other fans want to sing are finished before they've managed to work out what is going on so they can't join in. The other songs are so offensive, and unnecessarily containing words many people don't use as 'banter', (people may wish to say things to Warnock after our long history with him, but they don't want to say them to every set of away fans after a fairly standard opening ten minutes of a match), that people don't join in with them either.

The best songs for making a good atmosphere are (generally) clean and slow - like You'll Never Walk Alone, or When the Saints. What our singers have never seemed to understand is that going as fast you can kills the atmosphere. Even when we had a drummer in the EE that didn't help as the poor chap couldn't keep time and would speed up just as much as the singers. Given their self-proclaimed role is to create atmosphere, they do a poor job. Don't get me wrong, the flag displays look great - visually they do a great job and self fund it all which is commendable. But in terms of what they sing, and how they sing it they do nothing to get the rest of the crowd singing (many of whom, incidentally do sing quite a lot but the songs are clean and after goals or to get us going, rather than constant as in S82).

If they sang cleaner songs much more slowly and maybe two or three times not just once, the rest of the ground could hear it and join in to create a great atmosphere at the Gate again. Their current attitude of self-proclaimed super fans is undeserved but I hope they can improve this.

16 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Exactly this .

I mean no one seems to mind calling  Dopey Darrell a**** or his mother a whore. So just to be clear it's OK to call someone a**** just as long as that**** is not actually you :clapping:

There is a certain difference between singing a song at the opposing team/our rivals as this does create an atmosphere for which others can join in, but singing offensive songs towards your OWN fans? How is that going to unite the crowd.

Like I said I have total respect for what S82 are doing with flags and displays, my point is their choice in song to get everyone going is sometimes doing more harm than good.

To me its simple - S82 want to create a bit of an atmosphere, lovely, all well and good & on its day AG has been bouncing, helped by their presence.

Games where they chant like the did last night does totally the opposite. It kills any kind of chance of people from other stands joining in as it comes across condescending, patronising and down right brat like. Not even necessarily because of swear words - but because you've actually bothered chanting it to fellow supporters. 

If you want people from other stands to join in and help create an atmosphere, like you so say, maybe getting behind the team & not berating fellow supporters is the way to go? Just a thought....

2 minutes ago, adamc6203 said:

There is a certain difference between singing a song at the opposing team/our rivals as this does create an atmosphere for which others can join in, but singing offensive songs towards your OWN fans? How is that going to unite the crowd.

Like I said I have total respect for what S82 are doing with flags and displays, my point is their choice in song to get everyone going is sometimes doing more harm than good.

So like I said the word**** is OK as long as it's not aimed at you.

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Ooooh bit sensitive Adam & co. 

Just banter. What's wrong with you? 

I thought banter was meant to be funny, (witty) or clever. It's none of this, look a bit stupid don't you now section 82.

I think you have undone a lot of respect fans in other stands had for you. Many were supportive of your efforts with the flags etc and wanted to help financially replace the lost ones. Maybe they aren't just misplaced, maybe you don't have such nice honest people amongst you are you think you do.

Calling fellow supporter c**** is disgraceful in my opinion. 

6 hours ago, cider head said:

No it means section 82 were not even ******* there tonight  yeah!!!

Seeing as "Section 82, Section 82, Ole Ole" was chanted on multiple occasions then I think it is quite clear why people are thinking it...

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Again it's not the whole section...

In that case you have some 'wrong 'un's' amongst you and I apologise to the rest.

But I do think it's down to you to police yourselves, it's not just one or two singing. So do the rest of you stand in silence, join in or try to get them drowned out by alternative songs?

6 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

If someone is being a c*** call them one. If you think I'm being one, call me one. But don't label the people in the Dolman stand as c**** because they're not singing. Imagine explaining to a 7 year old child what a c*** and why your own fans are calling them one.

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

In that case you have some 'wrong 'un's' amongst you and I apologise to the rest.

But I do think it's down to you to police yourselves, it's not just one or two singing. So do the rest of you stand in silence, join in or try to get them drowned out by alternative songs?

Hmm just to clarify I don't sit in the atyeo merely stating that it's not all of the fans from the look of the video posted last night.

I think a point has been made that it's not on to call your own fans a c***. 

Now does anybody else think it's time to close down this thread?! As a mod yourself RedM I think it might be a good idea.

2 minutes ago, adamc6203 said:

If someone is being a c*** call them one. If you think I'm being one, call me one. But don't label the people in the Dolman stand as c**** because they're not singing. Imagine explaining to a 7 year old child what a c*** and why your own fans are calling them one.

Would that be the same 7 year old that would have been there against Rotherham when Warnock was getting it most of the game.?  And I didnt label anybody in any stand a**** , I am simply pointing out the fact that certain people only get offended by certain words when it suits them ..you have to agree that that is just a little bit pathetic 

The use of **** or any other word like it - the s word that rhymes with plastic, or the n word that makes some feel bigger than those they use it towards has now place at Ashton Gate, let alone anywhere else.

They're simply offensive words used by offensive people.

If anyone is in any doubt about whether they should be used then I'd say probably best to not use them. Or ask yourself this. Would you use that word in front of your mother or grandmother? Or child?

Then again I suspect that those who do, or come on here and try and shrug it off as banter or try and defend it by talking about buying their own flags might well do.

4 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Would that be the same 7 year old that would have been there against Rotherham when Warnock was getting it most of the game.?  And I didnt label anybody in any stand a**** , I am simply pointing out the fact that certain people only get offended by certain words when it suits them ..you have to agree that that is just a little bit pathetic 

Well I think you and me are making different points. i understand that it is a football match and as tensions run high, there is a high likelihood bad language will be heard. It's not the word I bear issue with, it's the fact that some in the Atyeo thought it was acceptable to insult their own fans because they weren't joining in with their sing-song.

8 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Hmm just to clarify I don't sit in the atyeo merely stating that it's not all of the fans from the look of the video posted last night.

I think a point has been made that it's not on to call your own fans a c***. 

Now does anybody else think it's time to close down this thread?! As a mod yourself RedM I think it might be a good idea.

I'm not going to close it yet. The reason being is that I only logged on a short while ago, done some modding stuff then saw this thread, I'm sure many others are just reading through this for the first time too. I wanted to state my opinion, my opinion not as a mod, and in the interest of fairness I think others should be allowed too.

I don't want to lock the thread just because some people don't like what they are reading about themselves. Of course if this changes as the day goes on it will be reviewed as with any other thread. 

Look, we all want the atmosphere at AG but that's just going about it the wrong way. Have you noticed that more often other parts of the ground gets involved with certain chants rather than others? Try using them a bit more and it may encourage others to sing?

Also to say that was banter, that's like when somebody uses the phrase "no offence but..." Or "I'm not racist but..." Like it's then okay to say whatever else after. 

Im quite laid back with S82, I get what they're trying to do and fair play to them, but that doesn't give them the excuse to behave like that, minority or majority, one or all. 

52 minutes ago, BrightCiderLife said:

0The trouble with Section 82, and it is the same problem they had in the East End (

Early days but the identity is less laddish, more Ultra (?). The songs, flags, ideas and people involved are different. It appears less inclusive, appears, not is!

Something different and new is being attempted. People often do not like either. In fairness something similar in 207 - 08 was sung in the Eastend, and a similar attitude "Don't sing = ****" did appear briefly. That was not a good idea either.  

Its early days for the Atyeo, don't hang the DJ's yet.

25 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Is it not a bit obvious that any swearing is more offensive when its aimed at you?

I have to agree that Section 82 lost a lot of respect that they had rightfully gained this season.. hope it was just an error in judgment last night that won't be repeated.

Archived