IGNORED

Section 82 19.04.16 (merged)

adamc6203

4 hours ago, BrightCiderLife said:

The trouble with Section 82, and it is the same problem they had in the East End (where I had my season ticket), is that what they want to sing isn't the kind of singing that creates a proper atmosphere. They appear to have two main aims: sing as quickly as possible and swear as much in that short time as they can. It is obvious that this causes difficulties. The songs the other fans want to sing are finished before they've managed to work out what is going on so they can't join in. The other songs are so offensive, and unnecessarily containing words many people don't use as 'banter', (people may wish to say things to Warnock after our long history with him, but they don't want to say them to every set of away fans after a fairly standard opening ten minutes of a match), that people don't join in with them either.

The best songs for making a good atmosphere are (generally) clean and slow - like You'll Never Walk Alone, or When the Saints. What our singers have never seemed to understand is that going as fast you can kills the atmosphere. Even when we had a drummer in the EE that didn't help as the poor chap couldn't keep time and would speed up just as much as the singers. Given their self-proclaimed role is to create atmosphere, they do a poor job. Don't get me wrong, the flag displays look great - visually they do a great job and self fund it all which is commendable. But in terms of what they sing, and how they sing it they do nothing to get the rest of the crowd singing (many of whom, incidentally do sing quite a lot but the songs are clean and after goals or to get us going, rather than constant as in S82).

If they sang cleaner songs much more slowly and maybe two or three times not just once, the rest of the ground could hear it and join in to create a great atmosphere at the Gate again. Their current attitude of self-proclaimed super fans is undeserved but I hope they can improve this.

Absolutely spot on.

Dont think the Dolman want to sing about daryl clarkes mother being a whore.

and 'drink up thy cider' is always sung at 100 mph

2 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

"Section 82 have been fantastic to me since I've joined and I always make a point of celebrating in front of them when we get a goal. 

"Not saying they're the sole reason that we've done so well but they are a major part, all the boys know that".

RO'Ds own words.

You use a quote to backup your post which actually contradicts your post.

55 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Hi all, long term reader first time poster. 

I've signed up today because I'm disgusted at the abuse directed at a small group of fans who do everything to ensure an atmosphere at AG, particularly the abuse coming from people who leave 20 mins before full time. 

I joined with the chants because we're creating an atmosphere. I hoped it would spring the Dolman into life but unfortunately it had backfired. We all support the club in different ways. If you don't like waving flags, singing, standing or swearing and holding up foil fine, no issue. But we do.

Without S82 we'd have probably gone down, its that simple. I, nor my fellow S82ers, wouldn't abuse fellow fans. We are above that. So can all you boring ***** please drop this. 

Thanks,  

Ben Ultra

Funniest thing I have read on here in ages.  Thanks to the mods for keeping the thread open to allow this gem to be posted.

19 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

"Section 82 have been fantastic to me since I've joined and I always make a point of celebrating in front of them when we get a goal. 

"Not saying they're the sole reason that we've done so well but they are a major part, all the boys know that".

RO'Ds own words.

I missed that article, can you post a link to it as a search on the Posts website has drawn a blank..

20 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

RO'Ds own words.

It is because of people like you that people get the impression people in S82 or whatever think they are better than other supporters that turn up to watch City. Unless you are all picking the team, formation, coaching the squad during the week etc then I would say you have no real impact on us staying up or not. Or at least no more tangible impact than any other fan.

Having the attitude "look at us look at us, we make lots of noise and we're the reason we aren't getting relegated - without us we would have sunk back into the abyss that is League One" smacks of self importance and is plain embarrassing to hear. Yes the players may appreciate the support, but I am sure they also appreciate the support of the countless others that also pay for their seat & support the team week in week out, whichever way they choose to do so.

You just sound daft giving it the big I am - and let's be honest O Donnell can hardly come out and say "yeah I wish they'd shut up", even if that is genuinely what he thought...

59 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

I've signed up today because I'm disgusted at the abuse directed at a small group of fans who do everything to ensure an atmosphere at AG, particularly the abuse coming from people who leave 20 mins before full time. 

I joined with the chants because we're creating an atmosphere. I hoped it would spring the Dolman into life but unfortunately it had backfired. We all support the club in different ways. If you don't like waving flags, singing, standing or swearing and holding up foil fine, no issue. But we do.

Without S82 we'd have probably gone down, its that simle. I, nor my fellow S82ers, wouldn't abuse fellow fans. We are above that. So can all you boring ***** please drop this. 

Thanks,  

Ben Ultra

I'm sorry, but your statement "Without S82 we'd have probably gone down" perfectly sums up the problem. There seems to be a large group in the Atyeo who believe they are the only real fans, but saying they are the reason City won't be relegated takes things to a new level. Talk about delusions of grandeur! Perhaps you could direct this comment to John Pemberton, Lee Johnson, the players and Steve Lansdown, so that they realise how little their efforts are worth. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but you shouldn't have said you'd never abuse fellow fans and then followed it up calling everyone " boring *****".

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

I'm sorry, but your statement "Without S82 we'd have probably gone down" perfectly sums up the problem. There seems to be a large group in the Atyeo who believe they are the only real fans, but saying they are the reason City won't be relegated takes things to a new level. Talk about delusions of grandeur! Perhaps you could direct this comment to John Pemberton, Lee Johnson, the players and Steve Lansdown, so that they realise how little their efforts are worth. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but you shouldn't have said you'd never abuse fellow fans and then followed it up calling everyone " boring *****".

To be honest, little Benjy's comments are so daft as that I assume he is fishing.  If not, hilarious.

1 hour ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Without S82 we'd have probably gone down, its that simple. I, nor my fellow S82ers, wouldn't abuse fellow fans. We are above that. So can all you boring ***** please drop this. 

Thanks,  

Ben Ultra

Are you for real?

Is it really acceptable to call anyone in any set of circumstances a C nut?

Try it when you get home. In front of your mother. Or grandmother. Or partner. Or child.

And don't give me that atmosphere/banter/it's a football stadium nonsense.

There would have been mothers, grandmothers, partners and children there last night who wouldn't have appreciated either.

Keep waving the flags and tin foil though. It it gives you a purpose and makes you happy.

7 minutes ago, j mizel said:

Cnuuts corner kept the team up.

That's a chant that. Maybe the lads in the Dolman could start it.

All join in now...

"If it wasn't for you cnuts we'd be down,
If it wasn't for you cnuts we'd be down,
If it wasn't for you cnuts, if it wasn't for you cnuts,
If it wasn't for you cnuts we'd be down.
Like the Gas."

14 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I've said this before.  The entirely well-intentioned "Dolman, Dolman give us a song" actually has the reverse effect of that intended.

Instead of encouraging the Dolman stand to start singing what it actually does is highlight that they haven't been which pisses them off.

I fully appreciate that that is not the aim; but it is the effect.  Please stop doing it.

this ...just this 

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I actually find the name Section 82 a bit embarrassing.  Highlighting a feeble Gas jibe. 

I said exactly the same last night.

We called them the Gas. They took it on a love it.

They call us the 82er's. I don't want to copy them by adopting anything that they suggest.

I enjoy the Atyeo but this s.82 name. Not for me. Sorry.

Thanks,  

Ben Ultra

The worst debut since Peter Styvar.

56 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Funniest thing I have read on here in ages.  Thanks to the mods for keeping the thread open to allow this gem to be posted.

I'll hold my hands up to this, I approved the post and then wondered if I had done the right thing. Glad to brighten someone's day. Enjoy.

wouldn't abuse fellow fans. We are above that. So can all you boring ***** please drop this. 

So you're not above it then?

Look, I'm a season ticket holder in the Atyeo and I see what you guys are trying to do but you're going the wrong way about it. Can't you see that? Taking the piss out of other stands will not help!

Chants like Red Army and hello hello we are the City boys etc will encourage the others to join in, if we keep it going of course. The first time this was sung at the Dolman was a few weeks ago which was a laugh as I took it as banter like you said it was, but doing it continuously comes across a bit sour and unnecessary because we are there supporting the blokes on the pitch, not the worrying about other people in the stand! 

Like I said, I love what we do but sometimes the chants are a little unnecessary. Keep up the good work though fellas!

Oh Benjy, that did make I laugh

I can't wait for the players to run out with a massive banner saying 'we stayed up because of you *****' at the Huddersfield game

Amazing how the club managed promotions, and avoided relegations in the past, without a section of a section of fans calling another section of fans *****. If only this had started sooner, we'd probably be in the CL by now

The display against Wednesday was brilliant. Last night I was listening on the radio, as others have said it was flat, no atmosphere whatsoever. So, all this talk about 'creating' an atmosphere, get on with it, but maybe leave your fellow Reds out next time. Just a thought....

Archived