IGNORED

Section 82 19.04.16 (merged)

adamc6203

19 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Frankly- everyone needs to grow up. This thread is embarrassing. 

I've read it and contributed to it...but like you find it highly embarrassing.

I'm sure the likes of Mrs SL and others of the Club, feel really proud this morning reading this thread.

No wonder the hierarchy struggle to take certain fans seriously...I know I wouldn't.

1 hour ago, chipdawg said:

As an exile fan who rarely manages to get down The Gate, I rarely comment on such threads but I just can't let this slide

Did someone (who need not be named, but must carry their shame) really use the term 'banterous japery' in a non-ironic manner? Have we really sunk so low?

Yes, yes they did. Still can't quite get over it myself. 

On a side note, the Derby fans. I noticed they almost exclusively sang newish "ultra" copycat type songs.. 'Everywhere we go' 'when I was young' and lots of other bouncy stuff. They made a good noise but it does seem a bit unoriginal. 

Say what you like about our support but I'm glad we don't sing those, we have a pretty good repertoire compared to lots of clubs in this league.

It all seemed a bit identikit, much like their stadium.

4 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

As stupid as it might have been five pages of slagging each other off? What an overreaction.

The fact anyone managed to get so offended they would log on to post while the game was going on goes some way to explaining why the atmosphere has been so tepid in the last decade or so.

Amazing they managed to post, I can barely send an iMessage at halftime let alone load a webpage.

Hi all, long term reader first time poster. 

I've signed up today because I'm disgusted at the abuse directed at a small group of fans who do everything to ensure an atmosphere at AG, particularly the abuse coming from people who leave 20 mins before full time. 

I joined with the chants because we're creating an atmosphere. I hoped it would spring the Dolman into life but unfortunately it had backfired. We all support the club in different ways. If you don't like waving flags, singing, standing or swearing and holding up foil fine, no issue. But we do.

Without S82 we'd have probably gone down, its that simple. I, nor my fellow S82ers, wouldn't abuse fellow fans. We are above that. So can all you boring ***** please drop this. 

Thanks,  

Ben Ultra

11 hours ago, Harry said:

The song started out as a bit of banterous japery.  Yes, I agree that the C-word shouldn't have been used at the end of the lyric but you'll find that it was only a small minority who sang that bit (for the record, I did not).
I'm not going to apologise on behalf of those that did sing that bit, as that's not my prerogative. If they wish to do so, that's their call.
However, I do wonder if you, Adam, are aware of the word 'hypocrite'?  You have taken offence at a term which a very small minority in Section 82 chanted, yet you have gone ahead and labelled all of Section 82 as having a superiority complex.  Are you aware that this may possibly offend a large number of fans in S82?

I didn't call anyone a c___, yet you are happy to accuse me of having a superiority complex.

"The lot of them", hey?  See above re : hypocrite. Def : someone who complains about something yet does exactly the same thing.
I don't take too kindly to being labelled an idiot for something I didn't do.

Once again, this "superfans" comment.  A small minority sang the c-word.  Hypocrite.

We do.
Funny how all you can hear is Derby fans, when this particular chant wasn't by any stretch the most vociferous of songs sang by S82, yet you heard that one alright.  Hypocrite.

Is it right that some fans put the c-word at the end of the chant?  No, I completely agree with you all on that.
But for context, the song was sung as a pisstake of the Yank chant that's been doing the rounds on social media,  not a pisstake of the Dolman.  Everyone was singing it with a cheeky smile on their faces and nothing was intended as harmful or derogatory.  I noticed many in A block of the Dolman laughing too.

Yes, it got a bit out of hand with the use of the c-word, but again, it was a small minority that sang that bit.  So please don't label everyone in S82 as idiots or superfans, just in the same way not everyone in S82 called anyone a c***.

I do find it incredible that critics of the so-called singing section only ever hear the songs that seemingly offend them, even thought they are never the loudest chants.

Creates huge post about hipocrisy but doesn't understand what it means....

A hypocrite is someone that pretends to have virtues, morals or beliefs that they do not actually possess...

I would bet that the Dolman fans who are angry, have never chanted at an entire stand a song about not singing, never mind the c*#t part...

I'm afraid you may be stupid... Not because of the hypocrisy part though...

But, because you like so many others on this thread think that the phrase 'Banter' is some sort of get out of jail free card.

If you ever find yourself saying it was only banter, try following it up with "But I was wrond, sorry."

6 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

I've signed up today because I'm disgusted at the abuse directed at a small group of fans who do everything to ensure an atmosphere at AG, particularly the abuse coming from people who leave 20 mins before full time. 

I joined with the chants because we're creating an atmosphere. I hoped it would spring the Dolman into life but unfortunately it had backfired. We all support the club in different ways. If you don't like waving flags, singing, standing or swearing and holding up foil fine, no issue. But we do.

Without S82 we'd have probably gone down, its that simple. I, nor my fellow S82ers, wouldn't abuse fellow fans. We are above that. So can all you boring ***** please drop this. 

Thanks,  

Ben Ultra

:laugh:

'Abuse' directed at the small group of Atyeo fans who decide its okay to verbally abuse other City fans as seen last night. As for the 'those that leave 20 mins before full time, yeah no one leaves the Atyeo early....

'Without S82 we'd have probably gone down' .... Stop, stop make it stop :rofl2br: I'm not saying the fans in the Atyeo don't try to create a good atmosphere but to take responsibility for saving our season (this isn't aimed at all Atyeo fans, I know a lot of you are level headed). 

14 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Thanks,  

Ben Ultra

Agree 100%

Without S82 we'd have probably gone down, its that simple. 

Don't think you're helping the cause of trying to bring harmony back between the different 'factions' here buddy with comments like these! 

16 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Thanks,  

Ben Ultra

Big Tones Joke of the day thread is in non football chat topic. Definitely the longest entry for it I have seen 

Thanks,  

Ben Ultra

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. 

So not because we have a new manager, a change in formation, some quality loan players... But because a few people have a fairly quiet sing we have survived.

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

:laugh:

'Abuse' directed at the small group of Atyeo fans who decide its okay to verbally abuse other City fans as seen last night. As for the 'those that leave 20 mins before full time, yeah no one leaves the Atyeo early....

'Without S82 we'd have probably gone down' .... Stop, stop make it stop :rofl2br: I'm not saying the fans in the Atyeo don't try to create a good atmosphere but to take responsibility for saving our season (this isn't aimed at all Atyeo fans, I know a lot of you are level headed). 

I wouldn't leave early, personall . I find it an insult to the players who we do everything for.

However the majority of the Dolman leave 15 mins before the end, even when winning, while we all are cheering the team on doing everything we can every week.

I understand some will have to leave, hell I even left at half time against Fulham and PNE at home because it was so shit. We need to pull together. Don't need ***** in here dividing us and calling us arsewipes. If I had it my way we'd be the only fans in the ground. 

Derby fans came out last night complimenting us. Didn't hear them saying anything about the Dolman. Come on lads we are all BCFC. Get involved or don't support us. 

15 hours ago, adamc6203 said:

I've had a season ticket in the Dolman for 17 of my 21 years on this planet and am now fed up with the superiority complex the so called Section 82 have. Why is my validity as a fan called into question because I don't stand up for 90 minutes at a home game. Why am I, and the rest of the Dolman/South Stand c**** because I don't sing. Why don't Section 82 and the rest of the Atyeo concentrate on supporting the team rather than directing offensive songs at the rest of the stadium. Remember, we can see YOU sneaking out too.

When i was a teenager i stood on the east end every game and sang my heart out all game now dont feel the need when we get a corner or tree kick ill give it a quick k burst but thats it

23 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Thanks,  

Ben Ultra

This is a post that actually deserves this emoticon :facepalm:

First time poster, first head slap.

Your Welcome.

18 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Without S82 we'd have probably gone down, its that simple..

Please tell me you don't genuinely believe the reason for us staying up will be because of S82....

Give me strength. Laughable wanting to take responsibility for that, really is.

• Admin

At the time this chant was being sung it looked and sounded like from the SS that the Derby fans weren't singing and I presumed it was being sung at them so I joined in.

Imagine my mortification today when I learned that I had accidentally been singing this at my own supporters.

Please can everyone who was truly offended by my actions, please accept my apologies, I am truly sorry and will endeavour not to insult my fellow supporters, mistakenly or otherwise, in future. 

33 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Thanks,  

Ben Ultra

Don't talk rubbish.

I'm an Atyeo season ticket holder.

City were doing appallingly in the early parts of the season (up to Christmas). The Atyeo got behind the team then.

Cotterill was sacked.

He was replaced.

There was an upturn in fortunes. The Atyeo continue to get behind the team.

This comment from you is a nonsense and is embarrassing. Behave yourself.

6 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Yes I do believe we would have gone down without S82. When we stood up (pun not intended :) ) so did the performances. 

Richard O'Donnell even said it in the Evening Post.

1 minute ago, Alex#40 said:

:facepalm:

a620caf2849fa6dc92903c736a680ff7.jpg

Archived