IGNORED

Section 82 19.04.16 (merged)

adamc6203

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes it is great for those of us in there.  We've done nothing to divide ourselves from anyone though.  If you want to have atmosphere, you'll need more than the 1,000 or so in the corner.
Lots of people continuously complain about the atmosphere, yet do nothing about it themselves.
Perhaps we should be looking for more from the other 13,000 rather than the 1,000?

You have chosen to sit in a different stand (on your own next season primarily) which is hard to see, and to be honest hard to hear quite often.

Some amount of you depending on the song sing songs of various offence/mockery to the rest of the ground (either about not singing (with/without rude language), leaving early, booing for not jumping around on command etc.) - that sounds rather divisive to me, and not a great way to encourage the rest to join in. In my experience, often if it's an easy or well known city song the other stands DO join in, and it sounds fantastic. It's often the chants singing about yourselves, or ones where the idea seems to be who can swear most in the shortest space of time which nobody joins in with and that's not really surprising is it.

Some of you make a great effort of both time and money and I can't knock that, but as an outsider to the Ateyo crowd it does feel like a rather "Here's us being great fans get a load of us everyone" mentality sometimes.

15 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

I had this lot figured out a while back.  

The replies I got for congratulating them on how they were performing sort of sums them up.  This was coming, it was only a matter of time.

You sort of come across a**** though...

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

You have chosen to sit in a different stand (on your own next season primarily) which is hard to see, and to be honest hard to hear quite often.

Some amount of you depending on the song sing songs of various offence/mockery to the rest of the ground (either about not singing (with/without rude language), leaving early, booing for not jumping around on command etc.) - that sounds rather divisive to me, and not a great way to encourage the rest to join in. In my experience, often if it's an easy or well known city song the other stands DO join in, and it sounds fantastic. It's often the chants singing about yourselves, or ones where the idea seems to be who can swear most in the shortest space of time which nobody joins in with and that's not really surprising is it.

Some of you make a great effort of both time and money and I can't knock that, but as an outsider to the Ateyo crowd it does feel like a rather "Here's us being great fans get a load of us everyone" mentality sometimes.

Don't know why people feel the 'rest' need to be 'encouraged' .. you either want to or you don't. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

The S42 thing got a bit dull after the first sentence to be quite honest.
As I've said to RedM above, I don't judge everyone in the Dolman based on the actions of a minority.  You're not all racists just because there was a bloke in Block B, Row 10 who was being a racist (and many other examples regularly brought up on this forum).  So why am I being an apologist for a minority when all I'm doing is explaining that it is just that - a minority - yet you have happily laid claim to the tarring brush.

I don't know, do you feel you've been apologising for something?

Your first post on this thread:

Ooooh bit sensitive Adam & co.
      Just banter. What's wrong with you?

S42, I suppose some might consider it to be banter? But to some of a sensitive nature, well maybe it's a little 'dull'.

For some reason or other, I don't picture you as a victim but you really do play the victim card a lot in your arguments with a smattering of blaming a minority in S82 (make you feel better) for Tuesday. Is this the work of an apologist? I think you'd have to revisit the definition of an apologist: a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial. Are you defending the chants? You started off with defending it as banter. However you appear to have softened your stance as the thread developed, choosing instead to play the role of victim of circumstances, 'it wasn't me, it was them'.

Damage has been done now but as long as the muppets in S82 don't antagonise the sensitive types in the Dolman further, it will blow over. We can hope that it's a lesson learned exercise.

5 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

I don't know, do you feel you've been apologising for something?

Your first post on this thread:

Ooooh bit sensitive Adam & co.
      Just banter. What's wrong with you?

S42, I suppose some might consider it to be banter? But to some of a sensitive nature, well maybe it's a little 'dull'.

For some reason or other, I don't picture you as a victim but you really do play the victim card a lot in your arguments with a smattering of blaming a minority in S82 (make you feel better) for Tuesday. Is this the work of an apologist? I think you'd have to revisit the definition of an apologist: a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial. Are you defending the chants? You started off with defending it as banter. However you appear to have softened your stance as the thread developed, choosing instead to play the role of victim of circumstances, 'it wasn't me, it was them'.

Damage has been done now but as long as the muppets in S82 don't antagonise the sensitive types in the Dolman further, it will blow over. We can hope that it's a lesson learned exercise.

Really has it come down to name calling? both way out of line by the way and the saddest thing I`VE READ ON HERE FOR A WHILE....hang your head in shame :nono:

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

Really has it come down to name calling? both way out of line by the way and the saddest thing I`VE READ ON HERE FOR A WHILE....hang your head in shame :nono:

****, ar*wipe

Yeah, I see your point. I'll try to do better in future.

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Your initial post on this thread was hypocritical.  You were responding to one set of fans calling another set of fans a name, and whilst doing so, you yourself called a set of fans a name.

The only word to which you can be referring in my initial post is 'superfans' - you really think that calling someone a 'superfan' is the same as labelling fellow fans 'c****' ??!

Interesting that you state one of the reasons you decided on the name Section 82 is because in environmental law it relates to 'causing a nuisance'.....

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Beaky.  Definition : Butting your nose into someone else's argument.

So, I didn't call anyone a **** last night.  A poster one here labels EVERYONE in the stand as superfans.  I call him out as a hypocrite.  You disagree.  I explain and call you a name.  You retort with the witty S Club  - so what does that make you.

Goes round and round this doesn't it.  Perhaps steer clear of someone else's conversation and this wouldn't escalate.

You are referring to me again, I DID NOT call everyone in the Atyeo 'superfans' - just the ones who called their fellow fans 'c****' - so you were wrong to 'call me out' as you state with great bravado above....

11 hours ago, Dave said:

Can I clarify two points, as I am getting confused.

Is everyone in the Atyeo, a member of Section 82?

Are all members of Section 82 in the Atyeo?

I'm not in S82, I'm in the SS.

11 hours ago, Dave said:

Can I clarify two points, as I am getting confused.

Is everyone in the Atyeo, a member of Section 82?

Are all members of Section 82 in the Atyeo?

I'm confused too @Dave . . . . .

So S82 are the one's making all the noise?

The rest of the Atyeo are the one's singing the stupid songs about the Dolman Stand?

My god! Is this thread for real? Im a st holder in atyeo and love what the guys do with flags displays etc.they are a great bunch,and put alot of effort and time into it.they ecourage kids to join in,are a very friendly bunch,not muppets or nor do they believe they are superior to any other fan.yes there were some idiots who sang cnuts tuesday but i genuinly think there was no intent in it.i dont think any fan from any stand is less of a fan than me,i just would rather sing,stand and have a laugh.we are all city fans so for fcks sake lets just stop this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me this isn't going to rumble on right up to the Huddersfield game.

Some fans like to swear with their songs, I used to do this week in week out before my mate's young son got involved with the games.

So some of the swearing is aimed at other city fans, who really gives a monkeys?

On another note, where did the name Section 82 come from?

9 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Please tell me this isn't going to rumble on right up to the Huddersfield game.

Some fans like to swear with their songs, I used to do this week in week out before my mate's young son got involved with the games.

So some of the swearing is aimed at other city fans, who really gives a monkeys?

On another note, where did the name Section 82 come from?

Section 82 in law is a thing about noise and nuisense,and 1982 for city too i believe

3 minutes ago, Hartcliffe red said:

Section 82 in law is a thing about noise and nuisense,and 1982 too i believe

Cheers, was there any thought to the singers in the Atyeo still calling themselves the EastEnders?  I personally feel like that name should continue, as a tribute to the old times.  I think I'll try to grab a ticket in the Atyeo for the next game, are they likely to be sold out?

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

Cheers, was there any thought to the singers in the Atyeo still calling themselves the EastEnders?  I personally feel like that name should continue, as a tribute to the old times.  I think I'll try to grab a ticket in the Atyeo for the next game, are they likely to be sold out?

Think it was just something new really as theres no eastend now,yes should be tickets,you will have a good time,we aint as bad as some are stupidly saying.good bunch generally

Archived