Section 82 19.04.16 (merged)

adamc6203

4 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

I am not an idiot

Have never asked for cheaper tickets

Do not have childish tantrums,if I have to move I will

Have never abused any other section of the ground

Never stole a flag

I prefer to stand,and as such will remain in the Ayteo as long as I am permitted.

You carry on generalising though.

Same, plus the unreserved area allows me to move away from the prats. Nothing worse than first game of the new season and realising you've got a nob behind you for the next 22 games. 

Surely this is quite simple, S82 start the singing and the rest join in, that's what it's about isn't it?  Singing about your 'group', stand, others not singing, or including particularly obnoxious words isn't going to work.  If you want the whole ground to sing just sing something they bloody well can.

This reads as an absolute witch hunt suddenly everyone jumping on the band wagon to slag off the s82 lads. It was a few people getting carried away whilst mocking an American soccer chant - get over it! The s82 people put a hell of a lot of time, money & effort into making ag have a bit more passion, colour & atmosphere. Let's not slag off the entire stand for a few individuals.

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Surely this is quite simple, S82 start the singing and the rest join in, that's what it's about isn't it?Singing about your 'group', stand, others not singing, or including particularly obnoxious words isn't going to work.  If you want the whole ground to sing just sing something they bloody well can.

It's why I didn't particularly like the 'eastenders' chant, one of the better crowd chants that could get everyone involved was sung about being one of a small group, given I wasn't an eastender it felt kind of pointless. 

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

It's why I didn't particularly like the 'eastenders' chant, one of the better crowd chants that could get everyone involved was sung about being one of a small group, given I wasn't an eastender it felt kind of pointless. 

Generic chants for the whole stadium may work with the S82 guys starting it off but I can't see the other stands joining in with the self centred stuff, why would they?

4 hours ago, phantom said:

My thoughts too @gordie

With such success with his fishing, he should have been in the recent City v Rovers fishing competition 

Just a suggestion but if you agree with gordie (which I also do completely) would it not have been an idea to lock this thread?  I cannot believe what I have read to be honest... 

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why am I a hypocrite??!

Your initial post on this thread was hypocritical.  You were responding to one set of fans calling another set of fans a name, and whilst doing so, you yourself called a set of fans a name.  That's hypocritical, i.e. you were upset about something, but you proceeded to act in the same manner.

13 hours ago, RedM said:

I thought banter was meant to be funny, (witty) or clever. It's none of this, look a bit stupid don't you now section 82.

I think you have undone a lot of respect fans in other stands had for you. Many were supportive of your efforts with the flags etc and wanted to help financially replace the lost ones. Maybe they aren't just misplaced, maybe you don't have such nice honest people amongst you are you think you do.

Calling fellow supporter c**** is disgraceful in my opinion. 

Disappointed in you to be honest.  "look a bit stupid don't you now Section 82".  Have you not understood the earlier comments explaining that this was a MINORITY of fans in the Atyeo stand, and not EVERYONE in the Atyeo stand.  Not everyone in the stand probably associates themselves with "Section 82", but you have conveniently lumped all 1,400 or so people into one pot and exclaimed that we all look stupid.
Frankly I'm now a tad pissed off with the c-word reference in the song last night, but I'm also massively pissed off with the reaction of many on here who are quick to lay the blame on EVERYONE in the Atyeo stand, as opposed to the MINORITY of perpetrators.
The creators behind the Section 82 movement (myself included) had nothing to do with this word being included in that song, yet the actions of a few are enough for many of you to write-off the whole stand.  Very disappointing, I have to say.
As for there being "not such nice people amongst us".  I could bring up many threads on here of people not exactly getting along too handsomely in both the Dolman and South Stands, but I won't judge all 5,000 fans in the South Stand just because there's been complaints against a small minority.

12 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

It's a pity the muppets in S42 couldn't have been a little bit more imaginative about this, 'See You Next Tuesday, See You Next Tuesday...', if that's what you think of Dolman fans.

As to the apologists for the muppets ('they're in the minority, you can't tar all S42 with this'), the same goes for the Dolman. Not all of us are book reading library goers with no sense of humour.

Personally, I find the whole S42 attitude mildly amusing. If S42 feel the need to follow each other round like lost puppies, they can fill their boots. If some muppets in S42 feel the need to lord it over the rest of us as 'super fans', carry on. I really don't give a toss what you think about us Dolman fans, it is water off a ducks back.

If S42 want to adopt a patronising attitude to other City fans, go ahead (yes the tar brush is out), it has to be remembered that ultimately, any goodwill that exists for S42 will evaporate. Your aims of attracting the right people to your cause will dry up and all your aims to bring a more colourful and loud environment to the City ground will be rejected/fail. You'll become a side show that the board can weed out easily as undesirables. If this doesn't 'bovver' you, carry on boys and girls, Dolman fans will still be here while you'll be a smudge in the history books.

The S42 thing got a bit dull after the first sentence to be quite honest.
As I've said to RedM above, I don't judge everyone in the Dolman based on the actions of a minority.  You're not all racists just because there was a bloke in Block B, Row 10 who was being a racist (and many other examples regularly brought up on this forum).  So why am I being an apologist for a minority when all I'm doing is explaining that it is just that - a minority - yet you have happily laid claim to the tarring brush.

11 hours ago, reddoc said:

You're not, It's just that Harry chooses to use a different dictionary to the rest of us that appears to simplify definitions for him. Published by Ladybird probably.

The use of the term 'hypocrite' has been explained above - to the person whom it was aimed toward.  Not sure why your beak needed to get involved in this?

Just for you though redbeak, here's a definition :

"A person who engages in the same behaviors he condemns others for"

As explained to the gentleman above, he condemned the behaviours of a minority, yet proceeded to use those same behaviours himself in name calling a larger group of people.  That's hypocritical.  If you'd like to educate me with your grown-ups dictionary, I'm all ears Beaky.

8 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I actually find the name Section 82 a bit embarrassing.  Highlighting a feeble Gas jibe. 

Nothing to do with the gas at all.
It's to do with remembering a unique part of our club's history and a time that should never be forgotten and never be belittled.
When we were thinking up something new (i.e. away from Parkenders, Eastenders etc), we felt we wanted to remember the AG8 in some way, so we initially thought about Section 8, but then Section 82 seemed a popular suggestion.  When we also researched that Section 82 is written within environmental law relating to noise and nuisance, we figured it fitted well.
Nothing to do with the gas.  Why would anyone think that?  Their poorly thought out nickname for us isn't exactly widely used, as you say, it's feeble.  So why are you embarrassed about Bristol City fans trying to do something to honour and remember this period of our history?

7 hours ago, Bowie said:

The other question is why are the club bowing down to these idiots, letting them stay in the Atyeo and letting them have cheaper tickets than the rest of the stadium,

The fans having childish tantrums because they have to move seats get the cheapest seats in the ground and have the nerve to abuse their own fans on a regularly basis.

Sums it up that their flag was stolen by one of their own.

Leave that stadium to the away fans and next the selfish 1000 superfins

Well done.  Labeling 1,400 people in one stand as idiots, superfans and having childish tantrums.

Take a look in the mirror.  Perhaps not being able to actually spell your own insult correctly (superfins), may convince me there's only one "idiot" in this conversation.

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

Don't cry Harry, it's only banter. 

No tears here Nibor.  I'm not very easily offended.
In a pub on Monday night, someone said to me "so this is where the big pric*s drink is it".  I replied "Yeah, clearly".  Confused for a moment, he then said "aren't you offended by what I just called you", to which I replied "No, I'm not easily offended".  In summary - bloke looking to fight me ended up bewildered.
So no, no tears here mate.  I'm just trying to set the record straight and would appreciate it if everyone on this thread would care to back off labeling 'Section 82' as the bad guys here, when in fact it's a small minority of people in the Atyeo.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

No tears here Nibor.  I'm not very easily offended.
In a pub on Monday night, someone said to me "so this is where the big pric*s drink is it".  I replied "Yeah, clearly".  Confused for a moment, he then said "aren't you offended by what I just called you", to which I replied "No, I'm not easily offended".  In summary - bloke looking to fight me ended up bewildered.
So no, no tears here mate.  I'm just trying to set the record straight and would appreciate it if everyone on this thread would care to back off labeling 'Section 82' as the bad guys here, when in fact it's a small minority of people in the Atyeo.

You say you're not easily offended but you appear to be willing to completely misread posts in order to take offense.  At least twice in this thread you've considered yourself "labelled" because you've not read the post you're replying to properly.

4 minutes ago, Nibor said:

You say you're not easily offended but you appear to be willing to completely misread posts in order to take offense.  At least twice in this thread you've considered yourself "labelled" because you've not read the post you're replying to properly.

Example?

I'm not offended by anything being said.  I'm highlighting that this was a MINORITY and not EVERYONE IN SECTION 82.  Hope that's clear enough.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Example?

I'm not offended by anything being said.  I'm highlighting that this was a MINORITY and not EVERYONE IN SECTION 82.  Hope that's clear enough.

"Thanks for labelling us all chavs" in reply to a post clearly not labelling anybody except thieves...

The over-sensitivity doesn't really agree with your being hard to offend and seems rather hypocritical given your very dismissive responses of other people as over sensitive.

Perhaps you and your group should concentrate on supporting instead of trying so hard to cause and take offense.

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

Generic chants for the whole stadium may work with the S82 guys starting it off but I can't see the other stands joining in with the self centred stuff, why would they?

Red Army was sung for at least 10-15 minutes in the first half.

Is this the sort of thing you mean?  It's quite easy to learn.  2 words, repeat ad nauseum.

Other songs sang in the first half last night :
Red Flag, Cider Dinker, Ole Ole Ole Ole Bristol City, C'mon You Reds, Come On City Come On, We All Follow City,  Bobby Bobby Reid, Fell In Love With Marlon Pack, O'Donnell O'Donnell, We Shall Not Be Moved, Flint Shall Not Be Sold, Cider Cider Ciiider, Johnson Says.

Not really sure how some are suggesting all we sing is self-centered and non-inclusive.  That's 13 songs sung last night off the top of my head, and not a single mention of S82 or East End, nor a single swear word in any of them. Throw some more in toward the away fans and you're up to about 15 or 16 songs sung without reference to S82.  Not sure where this self-centered impression comes from?  Plenty of songs there for anyone to be able to join in.  If you choose to, fine - that's your choice.  But don't pretend people don't join in because it's self-centered and sweary.  Nonsense.  13 songs sung last night that anyone could have joined in with if they wanted.

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

The use of the term 'hypocrite' has been explained above - to the person whom it was aimed toward.  Not sure why your beak needed to get involved in this?

Just for you though redbeak, here's a definition :

"A person who engages in the same behaviors he condemns others for"

As explained to the gentleman above, he condemned the behaviours of a minority, yet proceeded to use those same behaviours himself in name calling a larger group of people.  That's hypocritical.  If you'd like to educate me with your grown-ups dictionary, I'm all ears Beaky.

That is of course a sentence within quotation marks, not necessarily a good definition, but I have to confess it's an improvement on the previous. And I'll except he called S Club 7 a name, because he felt insulted by the name they called him, and as I recall you then called him a name because you felt insulted by association. Which by your definition makes you a ...?

By the way, beaky? I mean, it's probably hilarious, but silly old me, don't get it,

6 minutes ago, Nibor said:

"Thanks for labelling us all chavs" in reply to a post clearly not labelling anybody except thieves...

The over-sensitivity doesn't really agree with your being hard to offend and seems rather hypocritical given your very dismissive responses of other people as over sensitive.

Perhaps you and your group should concentrate on supporting instead of trying so hard to cause and take offense.

Oh you are making an embarrassment of yourself now Nibor.  My initial response to you was from your quote :

"I'm surprised the chavs had time to spend worrying about fans in other stands what with all the flags needing to be nicked"

So you DID label those in S82 as both chavs AND thieves.  Perhaps you'd like to retract your last post, since it is clearly wrong.

Anyway, you don't seem to be getting it Nibor - I AM NOT OFFENDED BY YOUR COMMENTS.  I AM ATTEMPTING TO PUT THE RECORD STRAIGHT THAT IT WAS A MINORITY INVOLVED IN THE C-WORD CHANTING LAST NIGHT, NOT EVERYONE - THUS IT'D BE NICE IF PEOPLE COULD CEASE BLAMING THE MAJORITY.

By the way, that CAPS LOCK is not me 'shouting', it's me trying to spell something out to you that you are clearly incapable (or perhaps unwilling) to understand.

As for your final comment.  Me and my group do more than our bit in terms of "supporting".  But thanks for the advice.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Oh you are making an embarrassment of yourself now Nibor.  My initial response to you was from your quote :

"I'm surprised the chavs had time to spend worrying about fans in other stands what with all the flags needing to be nicked"

So you DID label those in S82 as both chavs AND thieves.  Perhaps you'd like to retract your last post, since it is clearly wrong.

Anyway, you don't seem to be getting it Nibor - I AM NOT OFFENDED BY YOUR COMMENTS.  I AM ATTEMPTING TO PUT THE RECORD STRAIGHT THAT IT WAS A MINORITY INVOLVED IN THE C-WORD CHANTING LAST NIGHT, NOT EVERYONE - THUS IT'D BE NICE IF PEOPLE COULD CEASE BLAMING THE MAJORITY.

By the way, that CAPS LOCK is not me 'shouting', it's me trying to spell something out to you that you are clearly incapable (or perhaps unwilling) to understand.

As for your final comment.  Me and my group do more than our bit in terms of "supporting".  But thanks for the advice.

OK Harry have it your way, you're definitely not offended, certainly capable of reading at an adult level and are always up for some banter.  

6 minutes ago, reddoc said:

That is of course a sentence within quotation marks, not necessarily a good definition, but I have to confess it's an improvement on the previous. And I'll except he called S Club 7 a name, because he felt insulted by the name they called him, and as I recall you then called him a name because you felt insulted by association. Which by your definition makes you a ...?

By the way, beaky? I mean, it's probably hilarious, but silly old me, don't get it,

Beaky.  Definition : Butting your nose into someone else's argument.

So, I didn't call anyone a **** last night.  A poster one here labels EVERYONE in the stand as superfans.  I call him out as a hypocrite.  You disagree.  I explain and call you a name.  You retort with the witty S Club  - so what does that make you.

Goes round and round this doesn't it.  Perhaps steer clear of someone else's conversation and this wouldn't escalate.

8 minutes ago, Nibor said:

OK Harry have it your way, you're definitely not offended, certainly capable of reading at an adult level and are always up for some banter.  

Finally, we agree on something.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

So, I didn't call anyone a **** last night.  A poster one here labels EVERYONE in the stand as superfans.  I call him out as a hypocrite.  You disagree.  I explain and call you a name.  You retort with the witty S Club  - so what does that make you.

Goes round and round this doesn't it.  Perhaps steer clear of someone else's conversation and this wouldn't escalate.

I sit in Dolman Block A, Apparently I'm a ****. I'll take that over a pompous , patronising , non entity any day H.

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

By the way you're the definition king aren't you?

9 minutes ago, reddoc said:

You are what you are Harry, and I'm touched by the affection

That I am.
Nice chatting.  Speak again soon p'raps?  Let's meet up at the bottom end of Carnaby Street, between Regent & Lexington.

Although results and the redevelopment hasn't helped I would question whether "section 82" has actually helped improve the atmosphere in the stadium as a whole? Yes the atmosphere may be better for those in that area but the atmosphere over the last few seasons has been the worst in known it in the last 20 years. They seem to have divided themselves from the rest of the fan base and some(not all) basically labelling themselves super fans. I think it's great that anyone would put their time, effort and money to try help improve the atmosphere but don't like the divide they seem to have created

5 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

Although results and the redevelopment hasn't helped I would question whether "section 82" has actually helped improve the atmosphere in the stadium as a whole? Yes the atmosphere may be better for those in that area but the atmosphere over the last few seasons has been the worst in known it in the last 20 years. They seem to have divided themselves from the rest of the fan base and some(not all) basically labelling themselves super fans. I think it's great that anyone would put their time, effort and money to try help improve the atmosphere but don't like the divide they seem to have created

Yes it is great for those of us in there.  We've done nothing to divide ourselves from anyone though.  If you want to have atmosphere, you'll need more than the 1,000 or so in the corner.
Lots of people continuously complain about the atmosphere, yet do nothing about it themselves.
Perhaps we should be looking for more from the other 13,000 rather than the 1,000?

48 minutes ago, Harry said:

Red Army was sung for at least 10-15 minutes in the first half.

Is this the sort of thing you mean?  It's quite easy to learn.  2 words, repeat ad nauseum.

Other songs sang in the first half last night :
Red Flag, Cider Dinker, Ole Ole Ole Ole Bristol City, C'mon You Reds, Come On City Come On, We All Follow City,  Bobby Bobby Reid, Fell In Love With Marlon Pack, O'Donnell O'Donnell, We Shall Not Be Moved, Flint Shall Not Be Sold, Cider Cider Ciiider, Johnson Says.

Not really sure how some are suggesting all we sing is self-centered and non-inclusive.  That's 13 songs sung last night off the top of my head, and not a single mention of S82 or East End, nor a single swear word in any of them. Throw some more in toward the away fans and you're up to about 15 or 16 songs sung without reference to S82.  Not sure where this self-centered impression comes from?  Plenty of songs there for anyone to be able to join in.  If you choose to, fine - that's your choice.  But don't pretend people don't join in because it's self-centered and sweary.  Nonsense.  13 songs sung last night that anyone could have joined in with if they wanted.

Well said mate. Very little output from s82 is nothing new, classic songs that have been about for some time. 

One things first sure we done sing any of that vanilla crap most away fans sing were actually quite original. 

Come on people get involved you know the songs make a ******* racket you never know you might just enjoy yourselves!!

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes it is great for those of us in there.  We've done nothing to divide ourselves from anyone though.  If you want to have atmosphere, you'll need more than the 1,000 or so in the corner.
Lots of people continuously complain about the atmosphere, yet do nothing about it themselves.
Perhaps we should be looking for more from the other 13,000 rather than the 1,000?

Yeah I agree, I posted the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I think everyone should be able to watch football in whatever way they please but don't get why there needed to be name and almost made to feel as if it's an exclusive group that you can only be in if your in the ateyo

Archived