IGNORED

Section 82 19.04.16 (merged)

adamc6203

One thing that strikes me in this and other threads is the use of "dull moan" for a stand named in honour of a very important person in the history of our club.  Also, as his wife still attends matches here only makes it more disrespectful. Nobody would mangle Mr. Lansdowns' name apart from the blue few. As for being called names by a fairly new fan section - not very clever I suppose but don't get too carried away with it all. I have had a season ticket since day one in the Dolman  - not saying that for any kudos but just to highlight how we all must be mad in our continuing support of the BCFC soap opera! 

Goodness me.. I'm an Atyeo SC holder and like to stand swear etc etc but im embarrassed that someone where I attend matches feels that the activities of a few hundred fans has actually kept City in the Championship. I thought the atmosphere was actually better when we were on the opposite side of the stand - and getting dicked nearly every week.

Deluded and divisive .. oh and hypocritical  defending a section a fans against "abuse" and then calling fellow fans boring ****.

Benjamin the club does not really like home fans in the Atyeo in general so coming out with shite like that is food and drink to them.

This entire thread is painfully embarrassing to read. A few lads (stupidly I agree) say a naughty word to the Dolman, and a bunch of drama queens who haven't had they're weekly fix of being offended resort (ironically) to petty and immature insults towards S82 who on the whole have put a lot of time and effort into improving atmosphere etc whether it's your cup of tea or not. 

I sit in the Dolman, wasn't there last night but **** me if I was I wouldn't lose any sleep over a swear word. Think I'm going to give OTIB a swerve for the remainder of the season until you lot run out of reasons to moan (for a few weeks at least.) 

2 minutes ago, BITW said:

This entire thread is painfully embarrassing to read. A few lads (stupidly I agree) say a naughty word to the Dolman, and a bunch of drama queens who haven't had they're weekly fix of being offended resort (ironically) to petty and immature insults towards S82 who on the whole have put a lot of time and effort into improving atmosphere etc whether it's your cup of tea or not. 

I sit in the Dolman, wasn't there last night but **** me if I was I wouldn't lose any sleep over a swear word. Think I'm going to give OTIB a swerve for the remainder of the season until you lot run out of reasons to moan (for a few weeks at least.) 

Bang on the money. Good post.

The gas must be p.....g themselves laughing at this, both the thread and the reasons for it. I've not read all of it but i worked nights last night so have read the first few pages.

insulting our own fans at the game and then retaliating on here. It's genuinely the saddest stuff I've read. 

10 minutes ago, Dolman Original said:

One thing that strikes me in this and other threads is the use of "dull moan" for a stand named in honour of a very important person in the history of our club.  Also, as his wife still attends matches here only makes it more disrespectful. Nobody would mangle Mr. Lansdowns' name apart from the blue few. As for being called names by a fairly new fan section - not very clever I suppose but don't get too carried away with it all. I have had a season ticket since day one in the Dolman  - not saying that for any kudos but just to highlight how we all must be mad in our continuing support of the BCFC soap opera! 

Lans-drowning-in-money. 

15 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Oh Benjy, that did make I laugh

I can't wait for the players to run out with a massive banner saying 'we stayed up because of you *****' at the Huddersfield game

Amazing how the club managed promotions, and avoided relegations in the past, without a section of a section of fans calling another section of fans *****. If only this had started sooner, we'd probably be in the CL by now

The display against Wednesday was brilliant. Last night I was listening on the radio, as others have said it was flat, no atmosphere whatsoever. So, all this talk about 'creating' an atmosphere, get on with it, but maybe leave your fellow Reds out next time. Just a thought....

It's a bit sad that the atmosphere can't re recreated without the aid of props? No tin foil to hold up so they take the piss out of fans in other stands, classy. 

Apologies to all the well meaning fans who I know donate a lot of time and money to do this, it does look great but there are a few bad apples within and unless sorted now they will try to infect the lot of you. 

In times like this I like to compare with our blue neighbours. If they did similar we would be ripping the sHite out of them big time. Is this really what this has descended to?

18 minutes ago, BITW said:

How many of those so deeply offended think football is being sanitised by the authorities? Food for thought.

As someone who is able to watch games from different parts of the ground I'd like you all to know that there is singing and atmosphere in all three stands.

The lads in the corner of the Atyeo stand hear the South Stand, can't even see the back of 'A' and 'B' blocks of the Dolman and visa versa, but let me assure you they do all join in. Sometimes the South Stand is rocking and can't hear a peep from the other end.

Aiming abuse at your own fans, even as 'banter', is no better than booing your own team, and we'll leave that to the blue few at the Memorial Ground.

And whoever came up with the 'Section 82' name, have a word with yourself. What was ever wrong with the 'Parkenders'?

yuke hunts!

Sid 

The other question is why are the club bowing down to these idiots, letting them stay in the Atyeo and letting them have cheaper tickets than the rest of the stadium,

The fans having childish tantrums because they have to move seats get the cheapest seats in the ground and have the nerve to abuse their own fans on a regularly basis.

Sums it up that their flag was stolen by one of their own.

Leave that stadium to the away fans and next the selfish 1000 superfins

43 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

So you're not above it then?

Look, I'm a season ticket holder in the Atyeo and I see what you guys are trying to do but you're going the wrong way about it. Can't you see that? Taking the piss out of other stands will not help!

Chants like Red Army and hello hello we are the City boys etc will encourage the others to join in, if we keep it going of course. The first time this was sung at the Dolman was a few weeks ago which was a laugh as I took it as banter like you said it was, but doing it continuously comes across a bit sour and unnecessary because we are there supporting the blokes on the pitch, not the worrying about other people in the stand! 

Like I said, I love what we do but sometimes the chants are a little unnecessary. Keep up the good work though fellas!

I'm also a season ticket holder in the Atyeo and I completely agree with you!
I felt a bit embarrassed when those chants towards the Dolman started, of course it was to build the atmosphere up but completely the wrong song.
Also a large group were distressed about the flags going missing which may have caused this but I hope I'm wrong.

I am with Bengy. I would never insult a fellow red and call them names. No call for that ever.

Those on here that have done that are ####ing ****s. They can #### off. Absolute §§§§s the lot of them. ****you. ^^^^ing ~~~~ers. ####s.

Why can't we all just get along?

1 hour ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

"Section 82 have been fantastic to me since I've joined and I always make a point of celebrating in front of them when we get a goal. 

"Not saying they're the sole reason that we've done so well but they are a major part, all the boys know that".

RO'Ds own words.

Then whilst I'd say he's the best keeper we've had for several seasons he's either a master at media relations and sucking you in, or he's misguided.

Or tell me. Do you really think flags, tin foil, stickers and songs that goad others is really what motivates professional sportsmen and women?

Christ alive.

5 minutes ago, Bowie said:

The other question is why are the club bowing down to these idiots, letting them stay in the Atyeo and letting them have cheaper tickets than the rest of the stadium,

The fans having childish tantrums because they have to move seats get the cheapest seats in the ground and have the nerve to abuse their own fans on a regularly basis.

Sums it up that their flag was stolen by one of their own.

Leave that stadium to the away fans and next the selfish 1000 superfins

Again know one has asked for cheaper tickets . Im not an idiot my son is not an idiot and majority of people are not idiots the same as they are not chavs the same as people are not cnuts . This name calling is getting very childish . It seems people are jumping on this just to cause more hassle . As I said before can we just move on . As for the flags it looks quality and it wasn't the same without the display

4 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Then whilst I'd say he's the best keeper we've had for several seasons he's either a master at media relations and sucking you in, or he's misguided.

Or tell me. Do you really think flags, tin foil, stickers and songs that goad others is really what motivates professional sportsmen and women?

Christ alive.

If you think a good atmosphere doesn't motivate players, you're wrong. Saving the club from relegation is another level entirely though.

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

If you think a good atmosphere doesn't motivate players, you're wrong. Saving the club from relegation is another level entirely though.

Robin,

Not quite the point I was making. More perhaps to do with what creates the atmosphere in the first place - and I'd argue that singing about ones own fans as C Nuts hardly does that.

But hey. Perhaps it does. Gives me I guess a whole new outlook on life.

Anyway I have to go now. The lunchtime bell has just rung....

42 minutes ago, RedM said:

It's a bit sad that the atmosphere can't re recreated without the aid of props? No tin foil to hold up so they take the piss out of fans in other stands, classy. 

Apologies to all the well meaning fans who I know donate a lot of time and money to do this, it does look great but there are a few bad apples within and unless sorted now they will try to infect the lot of you. 

In times like this I like to compare with our blue neighbours. If they did similar we would be ripping the sHite out of them big time. Is this really what this has descended to?

I said after the Rotherham game that it did have an edge to it that evening. I guess having Colin in town, and the Rotherham players feigning injuries etc helped, but it felt like the 80s down there again, was great to see / hear

I'm all for groups like Section 82, let me make that clear. Football has become too sterile, just be sensible about the way you go about things. A group like that could make such a difference to the matchday experience, and get the ground going when the lads need it the most. Nothing like hearing the Dolman in full voice

Ok tin hat at the ready!!!

I have been a season ticket holder for nearly 35 years grew up on the open end and then the eastend and after reading all the comments what really struck me was what my 9 year old son last night after the game.He asked why the atmosphere is so quite at home games compared to away games and I nearly fell over as I could never imagined saying that in the eighties even through the hard times and the early nineties to my dad as that is what got me hooked as a 7 year old the noise and the passion not just from the eastend  but a and b block of the dolman.I think that's the problem though times have changed and more importantly so has football and it breaks my heart for my son to say the atmosphere was better at Burnley with just over 350 mad cidereds than many a home game and I just thought I would never hear that comment about a place that I have shared so many good times.Is it because football has become to sterile with all the rules you cant do this,you cant do that etc.Im not saying one stand is better than the other just wish there was somehow we could get Ashton Gate rocking like the old days or im looking through rose tinted glasses!!!

29 minutes ago, phantom said:

Thank goodness we only have one more home game!!!

Then the next home game should be Three Lions flag day time.

Opportunity for this group in the Atyeo to get involved in something outside the stand.

1 hour ago, BITW said:

quote for truth

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Christ alive.

Or the poster made up the quote

Archived