IGNORED

Section 82 19.04.16 (merged)

adamc6203

Probably time to draw a line under this.

Section82, stop calling Dolman fans rude names, some don't like it (whilst at the same time, some also like the banter)

Everyone else, stop having a go a Section82, they are trying to create a bit of atmosphere which not everyone appreciates, as whilst stand based japery, some are taking personally. 

18 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

"Just once". Are you really saying the other stands NEVER sing? Of course they do.

Classic superfan elitism. All these sort of comments do is divide instead of unite.

Trust me I'm no superfan, it's not my home town club. 

Just think maybe what this club could achieve if it had a genuine 12th man? 

People aren't interested, I get that, and for calling the fans ***** thats pretty low - i just think some fans are just bored of the library that is ashton gate.

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Trust me I'm no superfan, it's not my home town club. 

Just think maybe what this club could achieve if it had a genuine 12th man? 

People aren't interested, I get that, and for calling the fans ***** thats pretty low - i just think some fans are just bored of the library that is ashton gate.

No one is knocking the efforts to improve the atmosphere, but chants insulting your own supporters is just plain wrong! In what possible way is that being the 12th man? 

2 hours ago, adamc6203 said:

I've had a season ticket in the Dolman for 17 of my 21 years on this planet and am now fed up with the superiority complex the so called Section 82 have. Why is my validity as a fan called into question because I don't stand up for 90 minutes at a home game. Why am I, and the rest of the Dolman/South Stand c**** because I don't sing. Why don't Section 82 and the rest of the Atyeo concentrate on supporting the team rather than directing offensive songs at the rest of the stadium. Remember, we can see YOU sneaking out too.

The song started out as a bit of banterous japery.  Yes, I agree that the C-word shouldn't have been used at the end of the lyric but you'll find that it was only a small minority who sang that bit (for the record, I did not).
I'm not going to apologise on behalf of those that did sing that bit, as that's not my prerogative. If they wish to do so, that's their call.
However, I do wonder if you, Adam, are aware of the word 'hypocrite'?  You have taken offence at a term which a very small minority in Section 82 chanted, yet you have gone ahead and labelled all of Section 82 as having a superiority complex.  Are you aware that this may possibly offend a large number of fans in S82?

I didn't call anyone a c___, yet you are happy to accuse me of having a superiority complex.

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Agreed.  idiots a lot of them 

"The lot of them", hey?  See above re : hypocrite. Def : someone who complains about something yet does exactly the same thing.
I don't take too kindly to being labelled an idiot for something I didn't do.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...and now someone has tweeted a video of the Atyeo chanting obscenities at the Dolman - good grief, on the day we could be mathematically safe the super fans decide to call their fellow fans c****

Not big or clever....

Once again, this "superfans" comment.  A small minority sang the c-word.  Hypocrite.

1 hour ago, City169 said:

Maybe the atyeo should start singing again, but to support the players now. All the songs coming across on the radio are Derby.

We do.
Funny how all you can hear is Derby fans, when this particular chant wasn't by any stretch the most vociferous of songs sang by S82, yet you heard that one alright.  Hypocrite.

Is it right that some fans put the c-word at the end of the chant?  No, I completely agree with you all on that.
But for context, the song was sung as a pisstake of the Yank chant that's been doing the rounds on social media,  not a pisstake of the Dolman.  Everyone was singing it with a cheeky smile on their faces and nothing was intended as harmful or derogatory.  I noticed many in A block of the Dolman laughing too.

Yes, it got a bit out of hand with the use of the c-word, but again, it was a small minority that sang that bit.  So please don't label everyone in S82 as idiots or superfans, just in the same way not everyone in S82 called anyone a c***.

I do find it incredible that critics of the so-called singing section only ever hear the songs that seemingly offend them, even thought they are never the loudest chants.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

The song started out as a bit of banterous japery.  Yes, I agree that the C-word shouldn't have been used at the end of the lyric but you'll find that it was only a small minority who sang that bit (for the record, I did not).
I'm not going to apologise on behalf of those that did sing that bit, as that's not my prerogative. If they wish to do so, that's their call.
However, I do wonder if you, Adam, are aware of the word 'hypocrite'?  You have taken offence at a term which a very small minority in Section 82 chanted, yet you have gone ahead and labelled all of Section 82 as having a superiority complex.  Are you aware that this may possibly offend a large number of fans in S82?

I didn't call anyone a c___, yet you are happy to accuse me of having a superiority complex.

"The lot of them", hey?  See above re : hypocrite. Def : someone who complains about something yet does exactly the same thing.

Once again, this "superfans" comment.  A small minority sang the c-word.  Hypocrite.

We do.
Funny how all you can hear is Derby fans, when this particular chant wasn't by any stretch the most vociferous of songs sang by S82, yet you heard that one alright.  Hypocrite.

Is it right that some fans put the c-word at the end of the chant?  No, I completely agree with you all on that.
But for context, the song was sung as a pisstake of the Yank chant that's been doing the rounds on social media,  not a pisstake of the Dolman.  Everyone was singing it with a cheeky smile on their faces and nothing was intended as harmful or derogatory.  I noticed many in A block of the Dolman laughing too.

Yes, it got a bit out of hand with the use of the c-word, but again, it was a small minority that sang that bit.  So please don't label everyone in S82 as idiots or superfans, just in the same way not everyone in S82 called anyone a c***.

I do find it incredible that critics of the so-called singing section only ever hear the songs that seemingly offend them, even thought they are never the loudest chants.

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

We do.

I sit in Dolman B Block and got the reference to the Yank version doing the rounds and thought it was pretty funny.  Heard the "you Cnuts, you Cnuts....." at the end and (as they latch to the end of quite a few chants) didn't bother me as I didn't think the Atyeo really thought I was one. 

To add some balance, I also saw streams of Atyeo fans leaving well before 90 mins which I thought ironic given in the past they have sung "Johnson says, stay until the end"

Bunch of c nuts ! 

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

We do.

I said A lot of them, not THE lot of them.  

Calm down bantsman

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

So the Atyeo at most games singing 'we can see you sneaking out' 'is there a fire drill' is obviously not a massive dig at everyone else.

Are you denying that there is a certain stigma on this forum about those who sit in the Dolman. 

My problem is not just tonight but all the time. I started the thread his evening though because even though only a few fans may have used the c word at our own fans, clearly there is enough people on here, and on Twitter who think that is 'top notch bantz' 

I have total respect for what Section 82 are trying to achieve re atmosphere but I think the amount of songs sung at our own fans not being loud enough, or leaving before the end is too high. That is why I made the 'superiority complex' comment. 

Are you saying you've never sung a song disregarding other city fans?

19 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I'm surprised the chavs had time to spend worrying about fans in other stands what with all the flags needing to be nicked.

They'll be blaming the Dolman for nicking them next. Mind you Dolman's got your flags would sit nicely alongside the Millwall's got your seats chant. If we could be bothered to sing ....

I only joined in because I thought it was a ' piss take ' of the American version? I didn't sing the end part as it was unnecessary of course but some did, that's up to them. 

To be honest, I think both parties are in the wrong here.

Just move on, the last thing we want is a divide at AG! 

Archived