IGNORED

Away kit: NOW RELEASED (Merged)

JonnyLondonRob

33 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

I know that OTIB isn't representative of the Bristol City fan base as a whole, but as DollyMarie's opinion doesn't even seem to be representative of OTIB then I hope it has no effect on their decision.

The person in question is a member of the Supporters Trust and Fans Advisory Network. As a member of both (?) would involve passing on a view that a blue away kit would disgust/dismay a section of support. It does not matter if that is a minority of any section of support, representing fans is part of the Supporters Trust aims. 

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I've seen rumoured mock ups and based on the rumoured mock ups I asked what they thought they were bloody playing at.  It's all gone quiet since then. 

That's your opinion, which is fine - representatives of BCFC have worn blue recently and I wouldn't have a problem with a blue away kit similar to the colour modelled by everyone's fave ex-manager below...

sod.JPG

9 minutes ago, WTMS said:

The person in question is a member of the Supporters Trust and Fans Advisory Network. As a member of both (?) would involve passing on a view that a blue away kit would disgust/dismay a section of support. It does not matter if that is a minority of any section of support, representing fans is part of the Supporters Trust aims. 

Sounds to me that she reacted on her views alone, rather than those of fellow supporters. I do not recall seeing any poll on the topic aiming to gauge opinion on the blue kit. From this topic alone (which appears to be the only place that fans have reacted to a potential blue kit), the majority seem to be in favour of a blue kit, so I hope that she made it clear that it would only be a minority of the support who would take badly to it. 

17 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

Sounds to me that she reacted on her views alone, rather than those of fellow supporters. I do not recall seeing any poll on the topic aiming to gauge opinion on the blue kit. From this topic alone (which appears to be the only place that fans have reacted to a potential blue kit), the majority seem to be in favour of a blue kit, so I hope that she made it clear that it would only be a minority of the support who would take badly to it. 

The Trust member would not need a poll. The aims of the trust are to represent fans whether it is a minority or not.

Anybody with any savvy would understand a blue kit would be  unpopular  with fans. On Otib there are individuals on otib would would like to see a blue kit because it would piss people off. 

I would ask Bristol Sport why is the above necessary at all? What would a blue kit  say about the manner Bristol Sport views the traditions of  the football clubs fans?

7 minutes ago, WTMS said:

The Trust member would not need a poll. The aims of the trust are to represent fans whether it is a minority or not.

Anybody with any savvy would understand a blue kit would be  unpopular  with fans. On Otib there are individuals on otib would would like to see a blue kit because it would piss people off. 

I would ask Bristol Sport why is the above necessary at all? What would a blue kit  say about the manner Bristol Sport views the traditions of  the football clubs fans?

But if there were two minorities of equal size, one that wanted blue kit and one that didn't, with the majority not giving a fig either way, how would you solve that issue? You can't please everybody all of the time....

37 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

I'd say more like there are a very small number vocally in favour of it.  Or not against it.

Most readers of the thread probably wouldn't bother to comment as they'd see the whole the idea of City in a blue kit as so unlikely and ridiculous.

For the record Dolly certainly accurately represented my thoughts on the matter.

36 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

The majority on a thread that has two pages you mean? I wouldn't even say it was a majority, more like 60/40. Like Nogbad she perfectly represented my views on the matter.

4 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

The majority on a thread that has two pages you mean? I wouldn't even say it was a majority, more like 60/40. Like Nogbad she perfectly represented my views on the matter.

60/40, so more than half then, i.e. a majority. 

Find me another place that is discussing the blue away kit and we'll incorporate those views into the discussion. 

If it's not clear already, she has not represented my views on the matter. Now what was it about the ST representing the views of all fans?

19 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'd say more like there are a very small number vocally in favour of it.  Or not against it.

Most readers of the thread probably wouldn't bother to comment as they'd see the whole the idea of City in a blue kit as so unlikely and ridiculous.

For the record Dolly certainly accurately represented my thoughts on the matter.

It sounds petty to say it, but I really believe it depends on the shade of blue.  Navy blue is no more associated with Rovers than any other colour.  I previously said I would like to see a "Bristol Blue Glass" kit, as a nod to the City's heritage.

45 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

But if there were two minorities of equal size, one that wanted blue kit and one that didn't, with the majority not giving a fig either way, how would you solve that issue? You can't please everybody all of the time....

The question would be the same.

What sort of club does something that it knows will dismay fans?

Bristol City have avoided using a blue kit for decades. It is a tradition upheld by fans and club legends like Beryl Fudge in the past.  You may think nothing of this, but some do. 

9 minutes ago, WTMS said:

The question would be the same.

What sort of club does something that it knows will dismay fans?

Bristol City have avoided using a blue kit for decades. It is a tradition upheld by fans and club legends like Beryl Fudge in the past.  You may think nothing of this, but some do. 

OK. Whilst I, personally, would have no issue with a blue away kit and maybe even find it a bit funny, I can appreciate that it may upset some people and therefore would not complain if it didn't happen. I'm interested in your argument that minorities should be catered for in the club's decisions though........

53 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

The aims of the trust are to represent fans whether it is a minority or not.

If you really believe this, how would you cater for two diametrically opposed minorities on any subject, not just kit colour?

2 hours ago, Iron Man said:

:laugh: As much as I mock the fewers you cannot compare the man utd Rochdale "rivalry" to city and rovers. It's much more closer and fiercer. Can you seriously imagine Newcastle being happy that they're away kit is red, the same with Southampton and Portsmouth fans? And on top of other things apart from 1909 when have we EVER had a blue away kit? After the backlash of the hashtags and DollyMarie telling them that a blue away kit is disastrous I pray they change their mind.

I don't think Southampton fans would be happy with a red away kit, but for a different reason than you're making.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep - for me we should have always kept this as our away kit...

Gow.JPG

Has to be the black socks as well, looks better than white ones

Germany has worn that a few times in the Euros and always makes me think of City being in the top flight. That said, I wouldn't be against blue at all

The irony here is, of course, that with (by common admission) both otib and the sc&t not being totally representative of the fanbase as a whole, the only way you gauge if a blue kit would work is to get it on sale for as long as possible, and (potentially) by Dolly raising valid concerns over some of the fanbase, the club have delayed any proposed launch and not given a blue kit ample opportunity to sell, thus the fans "not accepting it" becomes self-fulfilling.

Personally, no issue with a royal blue, non quartered version but no problem with Dolly putting her point forward (if that was what happened) and she's right to do so

After all, as has been seen, not everything should go to referendum!

Now I'm a traditionalist when it comes to my football,but the more I think about it,I think navy blue and white would look pretty good,as long as it's navy blue and not one shade lighter.

I think the right shade of blue will be fine.  We are a part of Bristol Sport now and the rugby are in blue at home and red away; it would follow for me that all facets of Bristol Sport do the same one way or the other.  Bristol Sport is an excellent product and I think we need to embrace this fully.

Obviously a new kit won't be blue and white; more like navy and dark/black so who gives a fig what the North Bristol few think?

I personally would still prefer the Gow era colours or something similar to the black kit last year - loved that top with the "Liverpool Tinnion" kit reminder.  But then again, I would still prefer the robins badge but times change.

Going back to Bristol Sport, I am slightly unhappy that there is not sections of Bristol Rugby blue seating in the new West Stand - I thought that would be a good statement to make about this group and start us moving on from the still widely held belief that the Gate is just the home of the mighty reds.

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

Going back to Bristol Sport, I am slightly unhappy that there is not sections of Bristol Rugby blue seating in the new West Stand - I thought that would be a good statement to make about this group and start us moving on from the still widely held belief that the Gate is just the home of the mighty reds.

Fishing.....?

19 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

OK. Whilst I, personally, would have no issue with a blue away kit and maybe even find it a bit funny, I can appreciate that it may upset some people and therefore would not complain if it didn't happen. I'm interested in your argument that minorities should be catered for in the club's decisions though........

Maybe somebody ( yourself?) would like to outline what the benefits are of knowingly doing something supporters would not like?

In answer to your question. City have avoided blue kits for decades because posing fans off, a minority or not simply was not on/ a step too far,  As good a reason as any.

3 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Maybe somebody ( yourself?) would like to outline what the benefits are of knowingly doing something supporters would not like?

In answer to your question. City have avoided blue kits for decades because posing fans off, a minority or not simply was not on/ a step too far,  As good a reason as any.

People don't like change but get over things quickly, and would probably grow to like it. If it's beneficial for BS in regards to us and the rugby lot being synchronised then it may be a positive move for the club ie marketing, branding etc.

3 minutes ago, WTMS said:

So what about when we removed the robin badge in the mid 90s? A minority of supporters were against this but it still went ahead and was well received

Archived