IGNORED

Away kit: NOW RELEASED (Merged)

JonnyLondonRob

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Change of all kit matches;

Villa, Barnsley, Brentford, Florest, Rotherham

Change of only shorts to red matches;

Birmingham,  Blackburn, Cardiff ?, Huddersfield, Leeds, Ipswich ?, QPR.

playing in all red this season. Can't think of any team that wears red shorts where we'd have to wear white. 

3 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

playing in all red this season. Can't think of any team that wears red shorts where we'd have to wear white. 

I forgot that so no reason to change shorts against any team not wearing red. I personally will not be bothered if we go to a navy blue away kit.

As I've mentioned before on this forum City have worn blue on at least three occasions in post war FA Cup ties back in the 1950's when both clubs had to change if colours clashed. In those days clubs had just a home and away change so if both clubs alternate colour was white shirts, one team had to wear another colour.

City v Rotherham 1953; wore Bristol Rovers blue and white quarters.

City v Accrington Stanley 1958; in both away and home replay again wore Bristol Rovers blue and white quarters.  

City v Blackpool 1959; in both home and away replay wore Cardiff City blue shirts.

9 hours ago, RumRed said:

I understand but, however it occurred, we did wear Royal Blue in the only major final in our clubs history.  Rovers may have been in black and white at the time but had used blue for a number of years a decade or so before so it was associated with them before us at the time.

1. Different Blue by a mile

2. No daft 'quarter's'

3. Is part of our history however that came to occur, and in one of the most important matches in our 'glorious' history.

4. Better than that champagne colour!

Really no issue for me but obviously so for others.

As far as I can see Rovers had a very brief sojourn with Sky Blue hoops from 1897 -1900, then reverted to black stripes for the next 20 years before taking to wearing blue full time.

Black - as in Black Arabs - was the colour associated with Rovers until 1920, so City wearing blue as a one off in 1909 would have meant nothing special in that respect to fans of the time.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I forgot that so no reason to change shorts against any team not wearing red. I personally will not be bothered if we go to a navy blue away kit.

As I've mentioned before on this forum City have worn blue on at least three occasions in post war FA Cup ties back in the 1950's when both clubs had to change if colours clashed. In those days clubs had just a home and away change so if both clubs alternate colour was white shirts, one team had to wear another colour.

City v Rotherham 1953; wore Bristol Rovers blue and white quarters.

City v Accrington Stanley 1958; in both away and home replay again wore Bristol Rovers blue and white quarters.  

City v Blackpool 1959; in both home and away replay wore Cardiff City blue shirts.

Interesting insight CA, but these historical oddities were in far off days, on a few rare occasions, and apparently forced on the club through circumstance (and lack of any distinctive second kit) Times have changed - 60+ more years entrenchment of City being red and Rovers blue for a start. These few ancient anomalies certainly can't be put forward as any sort of justification for City adopting a blue away kit now.

There would be real anger from thousands of loyal City fans if the club were to ever send a Bristol City team on to the pitch wearing a blue shirt. That's so obvious that it's impossible to conceive anyone in high places at AG would ever seriously consider it.

So to recap.

4 pages debating a shirt that none of us have seen with the exception of a member of FAN who possibly didn't like it. Said member of FAN hasn't said what the shirt was like or confirmed the colour but there is outrage all the same.

What we have established though is that most people don't care if a new away shirt is (or has) blue on it.

On that basis, we surmise that there would be a bigger design flaw than the colour.

Oh. And we still don't know when the away shirt will be available.

To recap fans have displayed displeasure at a possibility. A distinct possibility the Supporters Trust have professionally and politely tried to rule out.

It is hard to see how anybody can take exception to post 92 of this thread. The last line of the post should be clarified. What is the point of having Fan etc if Bristol Sport ignore them, and refuse to comment.

E####

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 09:52, Bristol Rob said:

So to recap.

4 pages debating a shirt that none of us have seen with the exception of a member of FAN who possibly didn't like it. Said member of FAN hasn't said what the shirt was like or confirmed the colour but there is outrage all the same.

What we have established though is that most people don't care if a new away shirt is (or has) blue on it.

On that basis, we surmise that there would be a bigger design flaw than the colour.

Oh. And we still don't know when the away shirt will be available.

#ok

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 16:02, City169 said:

The point is that, much like a politician, you avoid answering a question when it doesn't suit you. Often skating around it, but in this case you flatly said you wouldn't answer the question and gave a reason. I then drew a parallel between the subject of the question you wish to skate around and the one you live to moan about.

Again I do not understand your post. Milos post/posts are hardly bashing. They are sensible and based on using the fans body BCFC/Bristol Sport set up i.e. Fans advisory network.

Lions flag day, you there? Perhaps you would like to help out? Extra hands wil be needed because time cannot be taken off from live to moan about.

4 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Again I do not understand your post. Milos post/posts are hardly bashing. They are sensible and based on using the fans body BCFC/Bristol Sport set up i.e. Fans advisory network.

Lions flag day, you there? Perhaps you would like to help out? Extra hands wil be needed because time cannot be taken off from live to moan about.

Once again you are changing the topic when what's being discussed doesn't suit you. My comment was a response to one of your posts, not Milos.

No I won't be there, because at the moment I need to work every day that I can just to get by, but that was meant to say "love to moan about" just a typo.

14 minutes ago, City169 said:

Once again you are changing the topic when what's being discussed doesn't suit you. My comment was a response to one of your posts, not Milos.

No I won't be there, because at the moment I need to work every day that I can just to get by, but that was meant to say "love to moan about" just a typo.

The topic is the same. The points are the same in Milos posts. Why do/think about something that will annoy/dismay/disgust fans?

30 minutes ago, WTMS said:

The topic is the same. The points are the same in Milos posts. Why do/think about something that will annoy/dismay/disgust fans?

Any kit the club makes will annoy some fans. In fact I can't remember the last time the club did something without there being a minority that posted their issues with it. In the case of a blue kit it will probably be a bigger number of fans annoyed, but if it's a nice kit I think most will get over it. We were the first club in Bristol to wear blue, we wore blue in our only FA Cup final. You have gone on about the Robin being part of our heritage in the past, but so is blue. If you are using the clubs heritage and history for an argument then you can't pick and choose where it applies.

You still haven't given Rich's post a response about moving to Ashton Vale, that would have annoyed/dismayed some fans.

Edit to add: I have no strong feelings either way about blue, as long as it wasn't the shade of blue Rovers use and the kit looked nice. It would just be another kit that I'd probably remember we had, but forgot when (unless we win a cup or get promoted/into the playoffs)

2 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Or worse.

And the point being calmly and reasonably made is that does not have to be an option at all.

So once again you pick and choose a detail while ignoring the crux of a post. Unless you're actually going to debate the points being made to you I see no point responding to you. 

So I'll await the response to Rich's post, "I'm not going to answer that" doesn't count. Then there the point I made about picking and choosing what part of the clubs heritage and history is acceptable. You can't say "we want the robin, it's part of our history" to the say "we must never wear blue" when that is also in our heritage and history.

2 minutes ago, City169 said:

So once again you pick and choose a detail while ignoring the crux of a post. Unless you're actually going to debate the points being made to you I see no point responding to you. 

So I'll await the response to Rich's post, "I'm not going to answer that" doesn't count. Then there the point I made about picking and choosing what part of the clubs heritage and history is acceptable. You can't say "we want the robin, it's part of our history" to the say "we must never wear blue" when that is also in our heritage and history.

The crux us the same. Given the contentious nature of blue? Why that possible colour v others ? Outline the benefits?

A benefit may be a closer synergy between Bristol City and Bristol Sport and the rugby club. I would prefer Bristol Sport to maintain a supportive backroom role instead of becoming a ever increasing face of the FC.

People may argue that the away kit does not matter. It is not part of the identity of the club. Well for some of us the kit in this clip is iconic, and part of the identity and history of Bristol City. We have our own identity - One that is not blue.

3 minutes ago, WTMS said:

The crux us the same. Given the contentious nature of blue? Why that possible colour v others ? Outline the benefits?

A benefit may be a closer synergy between Bristol City and Bristol Sport and the rugby club. I would prefer Bristol Sport to maintain a supportive backroom role instead of becoming a ever increasing face of the FC.

People may argue that the away kit does not matter. It is not part of the identity of the club. Well for some of us the kit in this clip is iconic, and part of the identity and history of Bristol City. We have our own identity - One that is not blue.

Unless you're talking about FA Cup finals.

Maybe wearing blue is a sign that the 15ers are so irrelevant nowadays that anything we decide to do will not be affected by their existence. 

Certainly that's how I feel about the prospect of a blue kit.  Why let what the fewers wear dictate what we can and can't?

9 minutes ago, WTMS said:

So our identity is from a game in the 70s, not a game in the 1900s?

1 hour ago, BCFC Grim said:

I'm pretty sure I heard a member of the City staff on Saturday laugh at the idea of having a blue kit when questioned.

Make of that what you will.

Was it a nervous type of laugh ?

Bristol City v Arsenal 1976

Brian Moore

“And here comes Bristol City onto the pitch in their blue away kit, it’s been sixty-five years since they last played in the first division.”

“And here come the Bristol City fans onto to the pitch.”

“And there goes the Bristol City players running back down the tunnel...”

34 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Obviously not one of Bristol Robs blue shirt enforcers then super?

For people not bovvered they are coming over like they would they would tie people to trees to get Bristol City in blue.

Just never been that bothered, if you don't like it you won't buy it that simple really.

Archived