IGNORED

Away kit: NOW RELEASED (Merged)

JonnyLondonRob

25 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

It may shock you to hear it wasn't every week. Because, as you helpfully point out, it could have caused some confusion.

Conversely I can't remember hearing chants of come on you whites, blacks, purples or yellows since I've been following us away for ~12 years. If there has been I may have misheard, but I'm not so sure.

In my 45 years of following City away (admittedly far less often these days but I went away solidly for over 20 years) I've certainly often heard chants of 'come on you yellows/whites'.

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Well, admittedly you don't know me, but I am a fan in 'real life' (I think - hang on a minute (bangs head on desk) - yes it appears to be reality) and far from being vehemently against it, I'd like a blue away strip.

I've never claimed to know all City fans or their opinions DP, but I know a fair selection of local fans from all age groups.

My point was comparing the few on here who say they would accept it with the many City fans I know away from OTIB who definitely would not.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

The clue is within comments in this thread

The comments in this thread refer to the colour, not the timing. The club changes the kit every season, so having a new kit isn't a surprise. My question was, does anyone know why the kit launch was delayed - i e why was the decision  left until the last minute? If City / Bristol Sport wanted a blue away kit, the idea could / should have been floated last autumn to get feedback. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

The comments in this thread refer to the colour, not the timing. The club changes the kit every season, so having a new kit isn't a surprise. My question was, does anyone know why the kit launch was delayed - i e why was the decision  left until the last minute? If City / Bristol Sport wanted a blue away kit, the idea could / should have been floated last autumn to get feedback. 

How do you know it is delayed?

3 hours ago, Griffin said:

A new chairman changing HOME colours for the foreseable future isn't comparable is it?

3 hours ago, Fiale said:

No one is changing our home kit or traditional colours, so it's not remotely the same. Navy blue away kit, meh who cares, if such things really irk people,  then I imagine they have bigger underlying issues that they are projecting onto it.

I completely agree it's not the same and I would personally be in favour of a navy kit - indeed the "Bristol Blue Glass" kit idea was mine.

But the suggestion was that it was "double standards" to be "willing to take everything from SL/BS but not accept their changes" - I don't agree with the principle of that statement.  Just because Bristol Sport are putting money into the club doesn't mean that people can't object to certain changes they make, however minor they may be.  It's not double standards to largely support the Bristol Sport model but object to some of their decisions.

3 hours ago, Pezo said:

im sure you didnt mean it but what you have basically said there is that anyone that cares about us not wearing blue has some kind of mental issue.

I would say your apparent apathy is a bigger problem, although not apathetic enough not to write a non opinion on a forum is a weird way to go about it.

Well to be a mental issue it would have to be a psychological disorder. I would not say that the underlying reason to be upset, angry over the colour of a away kit for a football team that might be worn a handful of times at most is a psychological disorder, but it is definitely not a healthy psychological response.

22 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Why?!?! There is literally hundreds of colours they could pick that do not clash with red and not be any shade of blue what so ever. Including Purple and Lime which fans love and is very popular.  Ridiculous. Out of touch. Pillocks.

Overreaction. Just don't buy it.

1 hour ago, P'head Red said:

Royal Blue according to BCFC Supporters page

away kit.PNG

Seems lots of people are hearing the same thing, meaning it's probably something along these lines.

I should point out though that this BCFC Supporters Page is fan run, and isn't privy to any information that other fans aren't necessarily. They don't ever have much inside information, so wouldn't take what they say as gospel yet.

5 hours ago, P'head Red said:

Royal Blue according to BCFC Supporters page

away kit.PNG

Amazing if true.  While I am not too bothered personally, royal blue is basically Rovers blue, and therefore you are asking for trouble.  A large proportion of the fan base won't buy it - therefore you are costing yourself sales and creating an avoidable controversy.  The club must know that.

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Amazing if true.  While I am not too bothered personally, royal blue is basically Rovers blue, and therefore you are asking for trouble.  A large proportion of the fan base won't buy it - therefore you are costing yourself sales and creating an avoidable controversy.  The club must know that.

Bit subjective really regards colours being the same.

Not sure that away kit sales are as important as presenting Bristol Sport as a brand?  Can't imagine the club basing many financial decisions on the sale of a couple of thousand shirts.

I have no issue with dark blue personally, as an away kit, and don't feel it would 'damage' BCFC at all, we have worn it and it's as far removed from Rovers as Ashton Gate is to the Mem.

image.jpeg

image.png

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Bit subjective really regards colours being the same.

Not sure that away kit sales are as important as presenting Bristol Sport as a brand?  Can't imagine the club basing many financial decisions on the sale of a couple of thousand shirts.

I have no issue with dark blue personally, as an away kit, and don't feel it would 'damage' BCFC at all, we have worn it and it's as far removed from Rovers as Ashton Gate is to the Mem.

image.jpeg

image.png

I don't really understand your point.  You've said colours being the same is "subjective" but then suggested dark blue would be OK, implying that royal blue wouldn't be.

I don't really care what shade of blue is used personally (I have constantly advocated a navy kit on this thread) but it seems obvious to me that royal blue specifically is very much a Rovers blue, and as such is likely to cause unnecessary and avoidable controversy.  A navy blue kit would be less of an issue, but on the evidence of this thread would still cross a line for some.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don't really understand your point.  You've said colours being the same is "subjective" but then suggested dark blue would be OK, implying that royal blue wouldn't be.

I don't really care what shade of blue is used personally (I have constantly advocated a navy kit on this thread) but it seems obvious to me that royal blue specifically is very much a Rovers blue, and as such is likely to cause unnecessary and avoidable controversy.  A navy blue kit would be less of an issue, but on the evidence of this thread would still cross a line for some.

I have no care on the blue either, navy would be good.  I think the point I was trying to make is that we're discussing colours and I for one have a pair of trousers I'm convinced are grey and my girlfriend thinks are green!  

Archived