IGNORED

Away kit: NOW RELEASED (Merged)

JonnyLondonRob

2 hours ago, Big C said:

Rovers play in Blue and White quarters so does that mean we need avoid white as well? And more importantly do I need to bin my blue jeans, polo shirts and underwear?

I'm in a bit of a quandary.  My blood's blue whilst in my body, but red when it's out?  I've a feeling that it may be important it stays where it is though.

2 hours ago, Big C said:

City have played in blue in the past. Also like it or not we are now under the Bristol Sport umbrella, we have close links with Bristol Rugby, Bristol City Women's team and Bristol Flyers Basketball team. The rugby team play in blue, the Women's and Basketball team both have a change kit of blue. And that is what we are talking about a change kit!!. Its not like we will be running out at Ashton Gate in blue and white quarters with Good Night Irene on the tannoy system is it?

This is  a forum for Bristol City Fans ('fanatics') I am one such Bristol City F.C. fan and I have little or no interest in the Rugby team. 

I don't feel obliged to take a sudden interest in the Basketball team or (dare I say it) the Women's team either just because SL owns them as well,  nor do I have any particular interest in the 'Bristol Sport Umbrella' itself except where it may impact negatively on the traditions of the football club.

The Rugby club share AG, no problem with that, but where issues will undoubtedly arise is if that ground sharing leads to an extension of links between the 2 clubs, in this case used as a justification to adopt blue as a shirt colour for the football club.

You may say we have 'close links' with the other teams, but in fact, as BCFC fans, there is no necessity to have any links with them whatsoever unless we individually choose to do so.

Which I don't.

We may occasionally be unable to avoid news or publicity for the other clubs when we go on the City site, but I suspect most City fans largely ignore these and are only really interested in news concerning BCFC itself and, while generally wishing the others well, will take little more than a passing interest in their fortunes.

Nothing has changed in that respect, the vast majority on here will be BCFC first and foremost, and more or less to the exclusion of all others, and their interest in other clubs in the BS 'stable' will be negligible. 

Bristol City F.C., by tradition do not choose to play in blue shirts of any hue.

There is no acceptable reason for BS influence to attempt to impinge on that heritage, and the colours of the other teams should remain an irrelevance.

• SC&T Board Members
6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

This is  a forum for Bristol City Fans ('fanatics') I am one such Bristol City F.C. fan and I have little or no interest in the Rugby team. 

I don't feel obliged to take a sudden interest in the Basketball team or (dare I say it) the Women's team either just because SL owns them as well,  nor do I have any particular interest in the 'Bristol Sport Umbrella' itself except where it may impact negatively on the traditions of the football club.

The Rugby club share AG, no problem with that, but where issues will undoubtedly arise is if that ground sharing leads to an extension of links between the 2 clubs, in this case used as a justification to adopt blue as a shirt colour for the football club.

You may say we have 'close links' with the other teams, but in fact, as BCFC fans, there is no necessity to have any links with them whatsoever unless we individually choose to do so.

Which I don't.

We may occasionally be unable to avoid news or publicity for the other clubs when we go on the City site, but I suspect most City fans largely ignore these and are only really interested in news concerning BCFC itself and, while generally wishing the others well, will take little more than a passing interest in their fortunes.

Nothing has changed in that respect, the vast majority on here will be BCFC first and foremost, and more or less to the exclusion of all others, and their interest in other clubs in the BS 'stable' will be negligible. 

Bristol City F.C., by tradition do not choose to play in blue shirts of any hue.

There is no acceptable reason for BS influence to attempt to impinge on that heritage, and the colours of the other teams should remain an irrelevance.

Well said. I, for one, agree.

Well said NTB.

What should be happening is that Bristol Sport should be openly working with Supporters to ensure there is no negative impact on the traditions of the football club. The following quote does not display Bristol Sport being in harmony.

"At the last FAN meeting I asked Andrew Billingham to reassure that it wouldn't be blue and he refused to comment"

25 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Well you keep putting your fingers in your ears and pretending it's not happening and maybe it will go away

2 hours ago, sodburyred said:

Another way of looking at it is we are Bristol City, we are the number one club, the superior in every way dominant force in the city. Why should we be concerned by what a small tin pot club wear as their club colour. We should play in blue and white quarters if we want to.

To me it seems so insecure to worry about another clubs colour. Man Utd often have blue away kits and vice versa.  

I have not posted on the above thread. I do not read the pages at all.  It has 700,000 + views. It is clear the team that plays in blue are not the non entity some would like them to be portrayed as.

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Has anyone who was shown the proposed design for the away kit actually described it?

Without going back and reading 10 pages of speculation and faux outrage did anyone from FAN say 'it was blue' or have they just said 'the design needed to change'?

Good question!

Bristol rob you have been posting on every page. "At the last FAN meeting I asked Andrew Billingham to reassure that it wouldn't be blue and he refused to comment". people have been very balanced apart from those making remarks about those thinking blue and the speculation should be ruled are ill. outraged at others being sensible more like.

13 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Bristol rob you have been posting on every page. "At the last FAN meeting I asked Andrew Billingham to reassure that it wouldn't be blue and he refused to comment". people have been very balanced apart from those making remarks about those thinking blue and the speculation should be ruled are ill. outraged at others being sensible more like.

Refusal to comment is surely different from someone who was shown the kit?

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 14:11, Milo said:

For what it's worth, I've heard rumours about blue as the away kit but no evidence. At the last FAN meeting I asked Andrew Billingham to reassure that it wouldn't be blue and he refused to comment. The feedback from FAN members after I asked that question was quite strongly that blue would be unwise and unwelcome. Quite what it says about supporter consultation that Bristol Sport weren't prepared to engage with FAN over the colour or give any feedback as if it were a trade secret I'll leave the reader to decide.

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Without going back and reading 10 pages of speculation and faux outrage did anyone from FAN say 'it was blue' or have they just said 'the design needed to change'?

Lordy Bob.

First rule of WUM club is weeks in never let on you don't know what the thread is about. Knowledge is power.

Second rule never admit you can't be arsed to read others words. Command the thread with authority.

Third rule when exposed as a know nothing instantly attack with witty retort.

Fourth rule if unable to respond with witty retort within 24hrs change use name.

22 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Which I don't.

Genuine question.. SL and his 'medaling' with tradition.. Or no SL?

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

That genuine question is a bit unfair. Mr Lansdown has never indicated his financial backing is wholly linked to the club changing its identity.

and the "changing its identity"  comment is wholly unfair.  A blue away kit will not change anything about the identity of the club anymore than having red shorts or changing sponsor or manufacturer. 

22 hours ago, Griffin said:

Genuine question.. SL and his 'medaling' with tradition.. Or no SL?

No reason at all why it has to be a choice of one or the other.

SL can surely be a contented benefactor without 'meddling with the traditions' of the club?

After all he is one of many to have held the position of temporary custodian of BCFC, and he will hold that position for a relatively short period in it's history.

But if you're saying I have to make a straight choice between the unlikely prospect of a supposedly seriously meddling SL, an SL who rode roughshod over the heritage of the club without consulting the fans, or taking into account their views, or no SL, then it's a very easy choice.

No SL.

On 7/19/2016 at 16:02, RedRaw said:

women's academy kit for this season........any hints or trends as to where Bristol Sport may go with Football/Rugby kits??

CnuVU5iWcAArnCH.jpg

I'm not one for "fade" kits, but that one's quite nice.  But blue and white would be a bit too Gaseous for my taste.

Love the Nando's sponsorship, mind

JM91. I think the Chairman of the SC&T has nailed the point about identity and away kits already.I agree and I cannot get further from your own view. The identity BCFC has already is worth celebrating and nurturing further. When it comes to football BCFC is the star here, not Bristol Sport, Bristol rugby or anybody else.

3 hours ago, Iron Man said:

This time last year the club already announced the away kit... hmm

This time last year we were struggling to make any signings and didn't have enough players to fill the bench.

With what's been achieved on the transfer front this season, so the away kit launch it a bit late - am I bovered? 

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

This time last year we were struggling to make any signings and didn't have enough players to fill the bench.

With what's been achieved on the transfer front this season, so the away kit launch it a bit late - am I bovered? 

You missed my point entirely.

Archived