IGNORED

Away kit: NOW RELEASED (Merged)

JonnyLondonRob

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

I love that kit, real 90's vibe to it but each to their own

For some unknown reason I've got to agree with you on this. This kit, and the 90s kit, is awful but there is something about the 90s kits that are memorable. A bit like tank tops, flares, and mullets. (I've had them all) 

18 hours ago, JM91 said:

I presume the kit has to be announced by Monday given we're playing Cheltenham and will need a change strip.

Its Ok as Cheltenham will be wearing red with white stripes, while we will use our change kit of white with red stripes.

On reading thus thread most people seem to be in favour of having a blue away kit, if only to wind up the others, but what blue should it be?

Navy blue is traditional and sky blue also has long football associations. Then you have the distinctive Cambridge blue, countered by the darker hue of Oxford blue.  Then there's bright blue which would stand out a treat on the pitch. Decisions decisions.

On the subject of colour did you know that there is a new black: vantablack.  It's so dark light just falls into it.  Maybe we should be making headlines by having the first vantablack kit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2690424/Scientists-discover-new-black-British-researchers-devise-material-dark-looks-like-black-hole.html

18 hours ago, pongo88 said:

For some unknown reason I've got to agree with you on this. This kit, and the 90s kit, is awful but there is something about the 90s kits that are memorable. A bit like tank tops, flares, and mullets. (I've had them all) 

As well as their garishness, in the early to mid-90's clubs still kept a kit for 2-3 years meaning that each design had time to bed into the memory and can now be looked back on as vintage to a particular spell of history.  

These days of course means a new season = a new design and so identifying a shirt as representing an era is no more.  Besides, football takes itself far too seriously to have much variation from bland conformity.

The love of money is the route of all evil.

Oh and 100 years of red being for City and blue being for Rovers is more iconic symboling that money seems happy to over ride.  It seems to apathise people: "City shouldn't play in blue" "ah, yeah, but money".

1 hour ago, I Am A Cider Drinker said:

Any idea what kit we will be wearing against Cheltenham tonight?

As long as it is not training tops, you couldn't have a professional outfit doing that. It would be more fitting for a team that was non league or just recently out of non league.

54 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

On reading thus thread most people seem to be in favour of having a blue away kit, if only to wind up the others, but what blue should it be?

Navy blue is traditional and sky blue also has long football associations. Then you have the distinctive Cambridge blue, countered by the darker hue of Oxford blue.  Then there's bright blue which would stand out a treat on the pitch. Decisions decisions.

On the subject of colour did you know that there is a new black: vantablack.  It's so dark light just falls into it.  Maybe we should be making headlines by having the first vantablack kit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2690424/Scientists-discover-new-black-British-researchers-devise-material-dark-looks-like-black-hole.html

Having read the thread I would disagree about your majority.  That majority is also not evident on other forums.  This majority is not identified by Milos posts (SC&T).

There are are some odd views that a blue kit would be beneficial as it would antagonise some fans. 

Very few posters have attempted to counter why do something that would be unopopular?

10 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Having read the thread I would disagree about your majority.  That majority is also not evident on other forums.  This majority is not identified by Milos posts (SC&T).

There are are some odd views that a blue kit would be beneficial as it would antagonise some fans. 

Very few posters have attempted to counter why do something that would be unopopular?

Come on WTMS, go with flow and think blue.

How about acidwashed denim shorts.  See... you're intrigued.

Acid-Wash-Jeans.jpg

And all the terraces rocking to this, get with the (away) programme.

So, let me get this straight: when playing away to Cheltenham

• We wore our home kit
  • They wore their away kit
  • We had our new keeper playing...
  • ...for Cheltenham?

You couldn't make it up.  Surely Cheltenham have their own keeper?  What happened to Brown?  Is the new Austrian Lucic chap going to be number 1 for Cheltenham?

On 7/25/2016 at 09:34, Eddie Hitler said:

Come on WTMS, go with flow and think blue.

How about acidwashed denim shorts.  See... you're intrigued.

Acid-Wash-Jeans.jpg

And all the terraces rocking to this, get with the (away) programme.

...... this is how I felt as a citizen of Europe.

Now: I am "free".

:laughcont:

Uncle TFR

10 minutes ago, wallaceboy said:

Have been told by someone who knows a lady that plays for our womens team.and the new away kit is gold. They were modelling it with flint bobby reid and magnusson.heard it here first.

it won't be a par on the gas's

Archived