IGNORED

Away kit: NOW RELEASED (Merged)

JonnyLondonRob

Does the club not have to register a kit with the authorities by a certain date, similar to squad numbers? I'd be amazed if things like these aren't handled in such a way, just so every team knows for sure where the clashes are well in advance.....somewhere there must be some paperwork with it confirmed?

4 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Does the club not have to register a kit with the authorities by a certain date, similar to squad numbers? I'd be amazed if things like these aren't handled in such a way, just so every team knows for sure where the clashes are well in advance.....somewhere there must be some paperwork with it confirmed?

The Premier League produce a handbook with all club details, kits etc. No idea if there is anything similar in the EFL.

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

I think it has to be approved by the league as well to stop teams wearing anything offensive (like blue and white quarters for instance  :thumbsup:) or anything blatantly advertising something via the design - remember Coventry back in the day with that huge `T` on the front when they were sponsored by Talbot Cars. I think sponsors have to be too as I seem to remember Scarborough (?) not being allowed to have `Black Death` the vodka brand on their shirts.

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think it has to be approved by the league as well to stop teams wearing anything offensive (like blue and white quarters for instance  :thumbsup:) or anything blatantly advertising something via the design - remember Coventry back in the day with that huge `T` on the front when they were sponsored by Talbot Cars. I think sponsors have to be too as I seem to remember Scarborough (?) not being allowed to have `Black Death` the vodka brand on their shirts.

Those Cov kits were fantastic, loved them when I was a kid. Scarboro rings a bell too....

• Admin
21 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The Premier League produce a handbook with all club details, kits etc. No idea if there is anything similar in the EFL.

Every league right down to Sunday leagues have these - so the answer will be out there is someone can find access

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Every league right down to Sunday leagues have these - so the answer will be out there is someone can find access

I've been scouting around. The Premier League (and associated Professional Development League) don't seem to have published this season's handbook on their website yet. Can't find any trace of past FL handbooks or a current EFL one.

• Admin
50 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I've been scouting around. The Premier League (and associated Professional Development League) don't seem to have published this season's handbook on their website yet. Can't find any trace of past FL handbooks or a current EFL one.

The one's I've seen used to have a number of "important" peoples contact numbers, wouldn't imagine that being shared in a public domain

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

The one's I've seen used to have a number of "important" peoples contact numbers, wouldn't imagine that being shared in a public domain

The Premier League one from last season is on their website (https://www.premierleague.com/about/publications). Doesn't include chairman/manager etc contact details but does list finance directors etc.

Any update? we have all these fans groups city and Bristol sport must be telling them something??

Changed my mind about fan involvement in kits. Bristol Sport have made such a mess with organising both home and away kits not even knowing the # rules regarding the home kit I think fan should be involved as they would not do a worse job.

1 hour ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Isn't it supposed to be Royal Blue?

Maybe, but Bristol Rugby use Navy Blue, and Bristol Sport use red and Navy blue. I imagine over time these are the colours that will appear more often than not until before we know it it's considered Tradition.. especially if we manage to beat Liverpool in the cup wearing it :whistle:

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:01, Red Right Hand said:

They had to have an 'Alternate' kit when games were being televised...how things have changed.

Archived