IGNORED

Away kit: NOW RELEASED (Merged)

JonnyLondonRob

The forum is getting more like politics everyday. Bernard Ingham and Alistair Campbell (Margaret Thatcher and Tony Blair's press secretary respectively) would feed morsels of news to the press so that the government of the day could gauge the reaction without having to accept responsibility. Then surprise surprise weeks later, if the reaction was favourable, the rumour would become fact. 

The question is, who are the forums Bernard Ignham and Alistair Campbell?

7 minutes ago, streety_bcfc said:

Not sure if it's real but I've just seen kit with odowda in. Very much as described above... Blue/gold 

Very similar to the arsenal shirt. But without the diamonds (and other related Arsenal stuff too :laugh:)

So the body is gold and the sleeves are navy? Or t'other way round?

11 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

This sprang to mind. Quite like that colour combination. 

(I do fear this may cue standard kit launch meltdown over new shirt sizes and whether the Ox may be signing for us.)

image.jpeg

• In my mind it is exactly this...but then again in someone else's mind (if @Dollymarieis persuasive) it might no longer be! 

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Blue is a no go, plain and simple! Regardless of shade. Balls to it being the Bristol Sports colour. We are not Bristol Sports!

Imagine if the sags had even the slightest bit of red in any of their kits. We would rip them to pieces.

Would we..?

Were they mocking us for playing in the FA Cup final in Blue..?

7 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Blue is a no go, plain and simple! Regardless of shade. Balls to it being the Bristol Sports colour. We are not Bristol Sports!

Imagine if the sags had even the slightest bit of red in any of their kits. We would rip them to pieces.

Not even navy, which is only blue in name? 

The sags did have red in their kit the other season when the sponsors name was in red. We barely noticed....

8 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

That's what meant by starting.

Okay then, I'll take it up. Colour aside who likes tight fitted kits? You got to have a pretty decent body to carry it off, some of our players might struggle a little with that never mind our fans!

Off topic slightly but I didn't know that between 1962 -1973 the gas didn't play in their traditional clown outfit quarters. 

Also, when we played in Blue in the FA Cup final, Rovers' home colours were black & white stripes.

It wasn't until 1930 that they went to a full Blue top (apart from 1897-1900 when they had sky blue & white horizontal stripes for a couple of seasons) 

Everyday is a school day..! 

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

Looks like the new changing rooms have been finished.

image.jpeg

Shame Ayling's gone, he'd have loved doing his hair in that.

Is that the new home dressing  room under the Lansdown stand?

8 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Ok, apart from just writing! Wouldn't classify that as playing in red

On their home kit as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather not have blue on the away kit, but if we have this season (and it certainly seems likely judging from certain posts on here) it won't be the first time we've worn the colour.

image.jpeg

Archived