IGNORED

Away kit: NOW RELEASED (Merged)

JonnyLondonRob

17 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

On their home kit as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather not have blue on the away kit, but if we have this season (and it certainly seems likely judging from certain posts on here) it won't be the first time we've worn the colour.

image.jpeg

Little Nicky wanted a picture too!

25 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

On their home kit as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather not have blue on the away kit, but if we have this season (and it certainly seems likely judging from certain posts on here) it won't be the first time we've worn the colour.

image.jpeg

Exactly.  We've had blue on our kit before, and we'll have blue on our kit again. The 15ers have had red on their kit before, and they'll have red on their kit again.

Everybody coped without freaking out in the past, I'm sure we can cope again. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Off topic slightly but I didn't know that between 1962 -1973 the gas didn't play in their traditional clown outfit quarters. 

In the 60s shirts were cotton, and couldn't have the individual colours printed on them, as you can with modern plastic shirts. As a result Rovers shirts were made from individual panels sown together. This meant they were a bit more expensive than plain shirts and Rovers, having fallen on hard times, couldn't afford them. From a financial perspective nothing has changed. 

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Blue is a no go, plain and simple! Regardless of shade. Balls to it being the Bristol Sports colour. We are not Bristol Sports!

Imagine if the sags had even the slightest bit of red in any of their kits. We would rip them to pieces.

No we wouldn't, because we are all adults and it would be quite pathetic to get upset about such things as a colour on a shirt.

So, if my understanding is correct (apologies if not), the final kit will be as near as damn it identical to the original prototypes which feedback was given that some fans may find it unacceptable due to the level of blue.

With that in mind, why has the launch been delayed so much?

My guess: The club released the home shirt with hashtags. The away kit was decided but not in production at that point. The FL then objected to the hashtags so we delayed production until we had a decision one way or another. That decision came out the week before the season, the club then went ahead with production and now we have a stock ready for launch.

Would tend to make the delay in launch far more understandable than the club reconsidering due to negative feedback from a proportion of the fanbase. As has been said before, you'll only know the true objection to 'blue' when the sales figures are released (although these will now, ironically, be affected by the launch delay!)

Archived