IGNORED

Away kit: NOW RELEASED (Merged)

JonnyLondonRob

18 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

Are we the only team in the football league not to have realised their away kit? 

As far as I can tell from the thread I think we're the only team that realised it would go down badly with a section of supporters.  There was also something mentioned about hash, no wonder it's late.

Very strange not to have released an away kit with the season already underway. That new season optimism might not last long so now is the time to be maximising sales.

Do you think we can conclude from this that there is still some sort of problem with the away kit, or was it always the club's intention to release it late? It does seem odd.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Very strange not to have released an away kit with the season already underway. That new season optimism might not last long so now is the time to be maximising sales.

Do you think we can conclude from this that there is still some sort of problem with the away kit, or was it always the club's intention to release it late? It does seem odd.

Pretty safe to say there's some issue. Either the hashtag rules or perhaps a total redesign because of potential bad reaction.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Pretty safe to say there's some issue. Either the hashtag rules or perhaps a total redesign because of potential bad reaction.

Good point - I reckon it's the hashtag rules. Once they realised they were an issue they probably held off getting any away shirts manufactured until it was resolved.

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Good point - I reckon it's the hashtag rules. Once they realised they were an issue they probably held off getting any away shirts manufactured until it was resolved.

A few suggested there would be a launch on Friday - would've made sense to do it then before the season started. I imagine we'll use last seasons away kit for the time being, but surely they can't hold off much longer than a week into the season. Guess it depends how many they'd printed.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Depending on the cup, we don`t actually need an away kit before we go to Rotherham on September 10th.

Why should the club let the EFL dictate when we reveal our away kit. I reckon BS will just ask our players to play in skins. 

4 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Damn it!

Why can't we manufacture our own shirts under the Bristol Sport umbrella, rather than be at the mercy of these global manufacturing companies who don't care about the minnows like us! Adidas...you should be ashamed letting us down like this !!!

Um, we do? :blink:

• Admin

Maybe the new away kit is so good that they fear no one will buy the home kit once it is released so are giving the home kit every chance to sell before they finally show us our change kit. We've waited all our history to finally get those famous, universally adored blue & white quarters, but crucially, adorned with a City badge, what's a few more weeks?

20 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Maybe the new away kit is so good that they fear no one will buy the home kit once it is released so are giving the home kit every chance to sell before they finally show us our change kit. We've waited all our history to finally get those famous, universally adored blue & white quarters, but crucially, adorned with a City badge, what's a few more weeks?

Or maybe they have realised 'Sh*t its blue....no one will ever buy it' and are delaying as long as possible :blink:

Archived