IGNORED

Away kit: NOW RELEASED (Merged)

JonnyLondonRob

12 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

How many games have we lost in red,black,white,yellow, purple...............................;)

I'd say the answer is NIL. I can't remember a shirt with all those colours!

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Anyone else on here remember when City borrowed Rovers shirts and played in blue and white quarters ?

No but I was at Mansfield when we wore Swindon Town's away kit. Kenny Stroud collected it.

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

It was certainly the 50s when we wore Rovers kit.  I was there but can't remember whom we were playing.  As for the reason I think clash of colours with both main kit and second kit (no such thing as an away kit back then)

Surely that is the same now - there is no such thing as an away kit?

It's a "change strip" for when the first choice kits clash? Otherwise the kit would be worn at every away game?

I'm kind of undecided on the whole "blue" argument.

IIRC, as a kid there was a Gas at my school (just 1, mind you) and the blue bits were what I'd call Royal Blue - quite a mid-blue colour, not like the horrid Tesco carrier bag blue they wear now.

Now if we were to wear very dark blue, and hoops with white...or, perhaps an Inter style strip?  That would be cool.

Well iron man if you think section 82 putting csf stickers and Darrell Clarke wanks off dogs on peoples private property is not damaging the forum is all yours to explain why. city having a blue kit royal navy any blue would help to go towards stopping all this anti gas rubbish which does not help to promote the club or support the team.

19 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

That kit is for the Bristol Academy of Sport Womens Rugby team. 

http://www.bristolacademyofsport.co.uk/

I stand corrected!  In my defence the Bristol Academy women's football team had the same badge previously, so presumably they emerged from this organisation.  Seems I can't keep up with the Bristol Sport evolution!

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I stand corrected!  In my defence the Bristol Academy women's football team had the same badge previously, so presumably they emerged from this organisation.  Seems I can't keep up with the Bristol Sport evolution!

Yes, they were connected. And the girls academy still work the senior City Womens team, I believe.

Come on Big C that is not the question.

Its about the kit.

The question is.

And if you can have black, white, maybe yellow, purple & lime etc without it specifically upsetting some supporters who feel passionate that we're red and they're blue, why choose blue?

One sage thought it would be good because it will make City fans shit the bed. Praps he would like to share his deep [wisdom with the very bright Supporters club cove on how the marketing campaign would go e.g. Its BLUE. You will SHIT the bed,

• Admin

I wonder what the chances and the reaction would be if Rovers were to unveil a red away kit?

We'd rip them to shreads over it, and their supporters wouldn't be happy - for me not interested in the colour appearing on out strip

10 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Come on Big C that is not the question.

Its about the kit.

The question is.

And if you can have black, white, maybe yellow, purple & lime etc without it specifically upsetting some supporters who feel passionate that we're red and they're blue, why choose blue?

One sage thought it would be good because it will make City fans shit the bed. Praps he would like to share his deep [wisdom with the very bright Supporters club cove on how the marketing campaign would go e.g. Its BLUE. You will SHIT the bed,

City have played in blue in the past. Also like it or not we are now under the Bristol Sport umbrella, we have close links with Bristol Rugby, Bristol City Women's team and Bristol Flyers Basketball team. The rugby team play in blue, the Women's and Basketball team both have a change kit of blue. And that is what we are talking about a change kit!!. Its not like we will be running out at Ashton Gate in blue and white quarters with Good Night Irene on the tannoy system is it?

Come on keep to the question.

And if you can have black, white, maybe yellow, purple & lime etc without it specifically upsetting some supporters who feel passionate that we're red and they're blue, why choose blue?#

Answers so far.

Don't care but pissin people off is good innit.
If you think blue is Gas you are Gas.
I want to see people shit the bed.
You've got mental health problems
Section 82 won't like it.

Keep it classy bluesters.

4 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Come on keep to the question.

And if you can have black, white, maybe yellow, purple & lime etc without it specifically upsetting some supporters who feel passionate that we're red and they're blue, why choose blue?#

Answers so far.

Don't care but pissin people off is good innit.
If you think blue is Gas you are Gas.
I want to see people shit the bed.
You've got mental health problems
Section 82 won't like it.

Keep it classy bluesters.

Because the club can't be held hostage by a minority of irrational supporters.  It's a blue away kit, you don't have to buy it. 

The job of an away kit is to not clash with the opposing team.  Therefore an away kit can be anything but red.  

I'd be more annoyed if the away kit were white, because a few teams wear Red & white stripes/hoops which necessitates a third kit hence the away kit hasn't done its job of not clashing with the opposing team.  

Sorry Big C ... You have played it calm and nice unlike the faeces and bed felon

But why? Fans? Doesn't matter anymore?

33 minutes ago, Big C said:

Rovers play in Blue and White quarters so does that mean we need avoid white as well? And more importantly do I need to bin my blue jeans, polo shirts and underwear?

I think it's a bit risky asking for underwear advice on the forum. You may get some pervy replies. 

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

I wonder what the chances and the reaction would be if Rovers were to unveil a red away kit?

We'd rip them to shreads over it, and their supporters wouldn't be happy - for me not interested in the colour appearing on out strip

Now just imagine if Rovers fans were, cool looks good, now we play in blue at home and red away. City fans try to tear them to shreds and mock them, but tough, they don't give a shit and now claim blue home and red away for ever... we have our red home kit, Rovers fans.. "yeah we have red as well, but we only use it away"..........    so now we are not the only Bristol football team playing in red, what happens ? do all the fans go of cry somewhere, does the club fold, the stadium close because our "rivals" play in Red as well ?        Maybe Rovers could announce a red away kit at some point as a pre-emptive strike.

37 minutes ago, JM91 said:

Because the club can't be held hostage by a minority of irrational supporters.  It's a blue away kit, you don't have to buy it. 

The job of an away kit is to not clash with the opposing team.  Therefore an away kit can be anything but red.  

I'd be more annoyed if the away kit were white, because a few teams wear Red & white stripes/hoops which necessitates a third kit hence the away kit hasn't done its job of not clashing with the opposing team.  

With respect your opinion regarding a minority  could easily be a majority. I have absolutely no reason to doubt the Supporters Trust on this thread. They have formerly approached a similar topic (?) via a poll/survey and the answer was a no. They have sensibly discussed a possibility with fellow members of the Fan Advisory Network and the answer was a no.

Bristol City is not being held hostage by some meglomaniac Tan like figures. Fans are an intrinsic part of the club.  Above fans have stated no blue.

45 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Bristol Sport Marketing

25 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Sorry Big C ... You have played it calm and nice unlike the faeces and bed felon

But why? Fans? Doesn't matter anymore?

Another way of looking at it is we are Bristol City, we are the number one club, the superior in every way dominant force in the city. Why should we be concerned by what a small tin pot club wear as their club colour. We should play in blue and white quarters if we want to.

To me it seems so insecure to worry about another clubs colour. Man Utd often have blue away kits and vice versa.  

Archived