IGNORED

Away kit: NOW RELEASED (Merged)

JonnyLondonRob

5 hours ago, RumRed said:

Bit subjective really regards colours being the same.

Not sure that away kit sales are as important as presenting Bristol Sport as a brand?  Can't imagine the club basing many financial decisions on the sale of a couple of thousand shirts.

I have no issue with dark blue personally, as an away kit, and don't feel it would 'damage' BCFC at all, we have worn it and it's as far removed from Rovers as Ashton Gate is to the Mem.

image.jpeg

image.png

That dress is definitely white and gold. 

8 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Amazing if true.  While I am not too bothered personally, royal blue is basically Rovers blue, and therefore you are asking for trouble.  A large proportion of the fan base won't buy it - therefore you are costing yourself sales and creating an avoidable controversy.  The club must know that.

Would it not be a better marketing ploy to now describe it as "Icelandic Blue"..?!

I have said it before. Blue is the colour of Rovers and it is also the colour of Bristol. The Gas can keep their small time we womt wear blue but Bristol City are moving on to be a slick professional modern club. Time to ditch all the stupid tribalism and endless anti gas chanting from the atyeo. Support is not section 82 slapping anti gas stickers everywhere saying the Rovers manager has sex with animals.The aggression of the past kept people out of the ground for decades time to embrace the future #makingbristolproud the rugby Bristol Sport blue its all a tiny tiny compromise for the handful for Mr Lansdowns tens of millions he has been pouring in.

City's recent activity in the transfer market has excited fans and it seems there are many looking to buy replica kit.

I find it absolutely stunning that a club and business the size of Bristol City cannot formulate a business plan to ensure that all replica kit is available in the summer to supply the demand for replica kit whenever the club reports good news like transfer signings.  The club is losing thousands here.  The fact that this thread exists, with fans peading for away kit availability dates is testament to that.

They should be riding the crest of good news and selling loads of replica kit but, doh!, no away kit available!  :grr: :facepalm:

16 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

I have said it before. Blue is the colour of Rovers and it is also the colour of Bristol. The Gas can keep their small time we womt wear blue but Bristol City are moving on to be a slick professional modern club. Time to ditch all the stupid tribalism and endless anti gas chanting from the atyeo. Support is not section 82 slapping anti gas stickers everywhere saying the Rovers manager has sex with animals.The aggression of the past kept people out of the ground for decades time to embrace the future #makingbristolproud the rugby Bristol Sport blue its all a tiny tiny compromise for the handful for Mr Lansdowns tens of millions he has been pouring in.

Very good points....but he does have sex with animals.

10 hours ago, SimplyRed said:

City's recent activity in the transfer market has excited fans and it seems there are many looking to buy replica kit.

I find it absolutely stunning that a club and business the size of Bristol City cannot formulate a business plan to ensure that all replica kit is available in the summer to supply the demand for replica kit whenever the club reports good news like transfer signings.  The club is losing thousands here.  The fact that this thread exists, with fans peading for away kit availability dates is testament to that.

They should be riding the crest of good news and selling loads of replica kit but, doh!, no away kit available!  :grr: :facepalm:

Some clubs haven't officially shown any of their kits yet, Sheffield Wednesday haven't shown any kits (or unveiled all 3 today) so it's not a unique thing for City. 

You're generally going to have a similar number of fans after a kit each season, and a few weeks won't make the difference between buying it or not, so the club isn't losing (a noticable amount of) money there. The only real difference is perhaps someone birthday or something, but even then there is a good chance of the top being bought at a later date

19 hours ago, SimplyRed said:

I take it you don't work in merchandising..?!

It makes much more sense financially to launch the kits a little while apart. 

Launch the Home shirt and the hardcore kit buyers will buy one. Wait a few months and then the launch of a new kit will probably see them buying again, whereas launching both together is likely to lead to a choice of either or. 

Personally I really don't get people's impatience with the launch of a new away kit. 

The only thing that bothers me is STILL not being able to but my son a kit because there are no 3 year ones. Ridiculous. 

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Launch the Home shirt and the hardcore kit buyers will buy one. Wait a few months and then the launch of a new kit will probably see them buying again, whereas launching both together is likely to lead to a choice of either or. 

Personally I really don't get people's impatience with the launch of a new away kit. 

The only thing that bothers me is STILL not being able to but my son a kit because there are no 3 year ones. Ridiculous. 

If you are that bothered,you should have had him sooner!

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

My lad had a 2-3 year old City kit last season.

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

My lad had a 2-3 year old City kit last season.

If he's outgrown it and you want to sell it then I'd be interested. Nobody in the shop seems to have a clue when the new ones might be in, so that would be next best option until they are available. 

On 17/07/2016 at 10:28, Trueredsupporte said:

No malagro section 82 csf and darell clarke wanks off dogs stickers being plastered over other property is not support or funny. It is not where Bristol City and Bristol Sport are going. The club is being rebranded. A blue away kit in the Citys and Bristols blue makes sense.

I have never agreed and disagreed with a post so much. You are completely correct that some of the stickers (like the DC dog ones) are not funny, damaging and not at all funny. However a re-brand has restrictions in football and I think that this would be too far.

4 hours ago, Three Lions said:

Never in a million years are lads in skinny jeans waving flags in the Atyeo the CSF.

They're the new version,City Supporing Flagwavers,or CSF for short.

On 17/07/2016 at 10:28, Trueredsupporte said:

No malagro section 82 csf and darell clarke wanks off dogs stickers being plastered over other property is not support or funny. It is not where Bristol City and Bristol Sport are going. The club is being rebranded. A blue away kit in the Citys and Bristols blue makes sense.

Well I disagree. Rebranding, what a load of s**t. It's a bleeding football club and not a chocolate bar morphing from a Marathon to a Snickers.

There is tradition and tradition is priceless. MK Dons do not have a tradition, aside from the theft of another club's tradition.

If you have a tradition you guard it closely.

Also, I suspect there is an element of truth in what Dopey gets up.

Archived