IGNORED

2016-17 fixtures

22A

I know it's a tough division, but that couldn't really be tougher to start. Two promoted teams with momentum, followed by the 3 relegated teams (hopefully regrouping). Miss out Rotherham then the next two are two of the playoff teams from last year. 12-14 points from the first 8 would be a very good return in my opinion

18 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Brighton away, last away game of the season. At last, I can go to Brighton away.

Agree with Tom, good to be playing Villa and Newcastle at home early. 

Well, if we have any top-half ambitions, need to win first two games. And 1 of the next 3. 

Wigan's first match after coming up, Burton's first home game after promotion, a very difficult game at relegated Norwich, and the 2 big one's at home all in the first 3 weeks.

That's an extraordinary set of opening fixtures, every one against teams we didn't play last season, and we're going into the unknown on such a scale it's hard to judge our season long prospects on that lot.

Potentially very tough set of fixtures and should we have a good August I think it's fair to say we'll have made be a real statement of intent.

3 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

Not looked at their full list yet, but see the gas are at home to Millwall last game of the season. :laughcont:

I have, both us and the gas are home on 18th March, we have Huddersfield and they have Chesterfield

4 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

Not looked at their full list yet, but see the gas are at home to Millwall last game of the season. :laughcont:

S****horpe away first game :gasmask: Who put the **** in S****horpe? Dopey Darryl put 11 of them in!

7 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Ipswich away on New Year's Eve :dunno:, brilliant planning by the football league!

In defence of Ipswich, we stayed up there for the weekend back in September for the City game and it's actually got a lot of nice, old pubs and semi-decent nightlife plus ate at a really nice Thai. I can think of worse places to spend New Year's. Like Swindon...

• Admin
21 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Not many games over the Christmas period. Game on the17th, then 26th and then 31st. I thought there was nearly always a game on the 28th?

anyone know why this has changed....love all the footy over xmas

Yeah - it is the way Saturday's fall this year

Ipswich away on NYE - that is a shocker

20 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Ipswich away on New Year's Eve :dunno:, brilliant planning by the football league!

That's OK for me, I've family there. Could be worse, one year we had Barnsley away on New Year's Day. :grr:

Archived