IGNORED

2016-17 fixtures

22A

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

On holiday for Newcastle and at a wedding for Villa. Soooo gutted! But I get to see the Wigan game.  Please Sky move Villa to Friday or Sunday! (Selfish I know) 

Either Newcastle or Villa could well be moved for Sky - there will be interest in their early games in the championship, and maybe we have nice new facilities for the media types to enjoy...

Also - will the Cardiff games get moved again - Monday evenings?

If we have more than 0 points come September then we can kick on from there. :crying:

Actually, we have to play all these teams twice so playing 5 promoted/relegated teams in September means we must have an easy rest of season... :winner_third_h4h:

2 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

What's the score with offering a season card if you are unable to attend? If it is okay practice then I have a Disabled/Assistant tickets (West Stand) available for the Villa game on the 27th August. Any advice much appreciated

I used to go to 2-3 games a season when my support workers son (who had a season ticket) couldn't attend, never had an issue, just lend your card to them (presuming you trust them). 

2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Worryingly Newcastle and Villa may still have excellent players that they haven't offloaded yet in August. September would have been ideal imo. 

And we'll prob still be chasing Tomlin.

Premature excitement for a while, forgot to take into account that Sky rules all , that and the FA cup.  Was chuffed Villa was a Saturday, one of us will surely make the 4th round (them Probly) , may have to take a holiday when it's played midweek. Burton will be a mare to get tickets. At least Brighton looks like a good weekend away.  Even Boxing day, usually in Essex with the inlaws. This year they're in Bristol and we're at Wolves, may have to nip out to the shop for a paper :shifty:

An interesting fact: including the last few home games of last season we will have played 10 home games on the trot against former FA Cup winners. The sequence will be broken by Brighton when they visit in Nov.

Also, the game v Wigan will be the first time the champs of the third tier would have played the champs of the previous season's third tier in the opening fixture since the last time.

5 minutes ago, handsofclay1909 said:

An interesting fact: including the last few home games of last season we will have played 10 home games on the trot against former FA Cup winners. The sequence will be broken by Brighton when they visit in Nov.

Also, the game v Wigan will be the first time the champs of the third tier would have played the champs of the previous season's third tier in the opening fixture since the last time.

Those are more impressive statistics than I ever come out with.

I enjoy this guy's work and have linked to him previously.  This shows that based on pre-season odds we have a tough first ten games, then an easier run through the autumn, a mixed bag in the spring and, possibly crucially, a comparatively easy April. Large bucket of salt required.

ch-16-17-frd1.png

The Experimental 361 guy has done a matrix of fixture difficulty based on bookmakers' odds. Looks like we have a tricky start but a moderately easy run-in. We might need to sit tight and keep the faith with Johnson in the autumn if things are looking grim.

ch-16-17-frd1.png

4 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

The Experimental 361 guy has done a matrix of fixture difficulty based on bookmakers' odds. Looks like we have a tricky start but a moderately easy run-in. We might need to sit tight and keep the faith with Johnson in the autumn if things are looking grim.

God it's like we turned up to a party in the same outfit.

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

God it's like we turned up to a party in the same outfit.

Ha! In my defence your post wasn't there when I started writing mine. Still, at least that's 2 of us to take the flak from the "you don't need stats to prove that it's bloody obvious" brigade.

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

We regularly seem to get promoted clubs first game of the season (I remember Norwich and Millwall), the worst time to play them. Our 2nd game away to Burton, their first ever Championship game at the ground, we'd better be up for it. All our matches in August are against teams either promoted or relegated (not so bad playing the relegated ones early).

Add Bradford city and Torquay United to the list of promoted clubs first games of the season in recent years

Archived