IGNORED

2016-17 fixtures

22A

Villa and Newcastle were always identified as potential sell-outs.  Aside from the bank holiday issue, I wonder if having them on consecutive weekends makes that little less likely now - on the basis that some people may have to choose one or the other.  Bit of a shame if so.

Also with Wigan not the most attractive fixture on the opening day, I wonder if the club might be tempted by my £10 tickets idea to try to fill the ground on day one!  Perhaps the high profile fixtures later in the same month makes this less likely.

4 hours ago, redcityman said:

First 5 matches against either promoted or relegated teams.

Nice table posted by Exiled Ajax tells us that no other team is playing the relegated 3 teams from the Premiership in the first month. Add Burton and Wigan and it is safe to say we easily have the hardest start.

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Havanatopia where are you? Where's the Wigan Official Match Day thread?

Neeeeeeee.

Not liking the negitive vibe from this thread. I don't care. As a football fan I am absolutely buzzing!! Absolutely delighted we are playing the 3 prem sides in a row. I want to see City go toe to toe with these sort of clubs on a weekly basis. This place would go to meltdown if we ever made it to them prem. Enjoy it for what it is and soak up the occasions.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

HELP !

Have managed to add the fixtures to my laptops outlook calendar

BUT, does anyone know how to get them onto an Android phone ? I have the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge

Assuming your calendar is syncing up with Google follow these instructions.

Go to https://www.google.com/calendar

If you are not already, log in with your Google account.

On the left of the page, pull down the option 'Other Calendars'

Select 'Add by URL'

webcal://www.skysports.com/calendars/football/fixtures/teams/bristol-city?live=false

• Admin
24 minutes ago, G Block said:

Assuming your calendar is syncing up with Google follow these instructions.

Go to https://www.google.com/calendar

If you are not already, log in with your Google account.

On the left of the page, pull down the option 'Other Calendars'

Select 'Add by URL'

webcal://www.skysports.com/calendars/football/fixtures/teams/bristol-city?live=false

Cheers for that - saw those instructions but couldn't find the "other calendars" option

5 hours ago, myol'man said:

£80 yesterday :(

4 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

Newcastle flights already up to 250 return..........

Clear your cookies, see below.

EasyJet Cookies - Warning
21 March 2008, 6:12

Another warning about booking EasyJet flight bookings. 

For those of you that already know about this, sorry, but I think it needs repeating.

When you enquire about flight prices through the EasyJet website they insert a cookie into your computer.

You'll find that if you don't book a flight on the first visit to the site, on your return, even if it's only a matter of a few minutes later, the cost may have gone up substantially. This is caused by the inserted cookie.

After visiting an EasyJet site, or any other Easy site for that matter, delete their cookies from your computer and you'll find that if you return to their site the quoted prices should be almost the same as on your previous visit, depending of course on the length of time between visits.

Why have we been landed with these opening five fixtures? The two automatically promoted League One teams and all three Premier relegated. 

The pessimist realist in me, tells me that this is about the hardest set of fixtures that we could have had and we will struggle to anything out of them. I would not mind betting that LJ, if he were to make his inner thoughts public, would agree with me.

36 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Why have we been landed with these opening five fixtures? The two automatically promoted League One teams and all three Premier relegated. 

The pessimist realist in me, tells me that this is about the hardest set of fixtures that we could have had and we will struggle to anything out of them. I would not mind betting that LJ, if he were to make his inner thoughts public, would agree with me.

Agree they look as if they could be very tough run of fixtures to start - maybe Hollowhead and Putrid are involved somewhere.

I think you underestimate us though.

3 of the games are at Ashton Gate, and with some of the trouncings we handed out towards the end of last season no club will be looking forward to visiting AG.

Anything could happen, of course, but providing we strengthen the squad as expected I reckon: 

Wigan (H) W 3-1. Burton (A) D 1-1, Norwich (A) L 1-3 Newcastle (H) D 0-0 Villa (H) W 2-1 

8 points out of 15, which would be a solid start, and would leave us unbeaten at home with Derby and Leeds to follow in September.

24 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Wigan (H) W 3-1. Burton (A) D 1-1, Norwich (A) L 1-3 Newcastle (H) D 0-0 Villa (H) W 2-1 

Love the optimism but the last time we won our opening day fixture in the Championship was 2008 - Blackpool away.

The last time we won at home on the first day of the season was 2006 - S****horpe at home. 

Not going to stop me going though.

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Love the optimism but the last time we won our opening day fixture in the Championship was 2008 - Blackpool away.

The last time we won at home on the first day of the season was 2006 - S****horpe at home. 

Not going to stop me going though.

Couple of lovely strikes from Trundle if my memory serves...

7 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Couple of lovely strikes from Trundle if my memory serves...

Your memory does not serve. You may be remembering the match one year later which we won 2-1.

4 minutes ago, Super said:

No Enoch wasn't it?

Your memory does serve. 1-0 to Bristol City, Enoch '69. 

PS. My memory has not served any of this up to me.  I have relied upon the Worldwide Interweb for my knowledge.

4 hours ago, handsofclay1909 said:

An interesting fact: including the last few home games of last season we will have played 10 home games on the trot against former FA Cup winners. The sequence will be broken by Brighton when they visit in Nov.

Also, the game v Wigan will be the first time the champs of the third tier would have played the champs of the previous season's third tier in the opening fixture since the last time.

Similar stat; for the third consecutive season, P'boro' are away to Rochdale for the opening game.

Rochdale aint too far from Blackpool is it? :P

3 hours ago, Offside said:

Tough opening fixtures, although maybe it's a good time to play the relegated teams before they get into their stride.

Bring it on.

Ridiculous that the Norwich games are on Tuesday nights - nightmare for travelling fans.

Norwich has got an airport, no idea if they fly there from Bristol but they do from Exeter I think. Nice place to spend a couple of days too.

Archived