IGNORED

straw poll - drum

Mkelly

Use of a drum during the game   

410 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have had a fair few people contact me after the Fleetwood game asking if there is possibility of the stadium getting a drummer in for a match day similar to what the Fleetwood fans had.

Rather than do this, I would rather provide a drum within S82 or other areas if there was somebody who could use it properly and if there was an appetite to have one!

Any thoughts?  Worth a try?

Sorry Mike, I absolutely abhor them, I would like to think that you stop any opposition supporters bringing one too. They destroy any singing section, one person drumming out a loud rhythm kills any other chants. I hope a huge majority feel the same. I share the unreserved section just under S82 and I love it there, but if we have a drum, I will be contacting you to ask for a move.

Yes for me but it's all down to appropriate use. In the Atyeo already you have quasi drumming with the banging of the walls in time with 'red army' and other songs. 

The key is not every song needs a drum and the drum should be to keep pace rather than to drown out. 

I say give it a go but keep it under review. 

It needs to be someone who knows what they are doing and with strict instructions about getting the timing right. 

Mid it compliments and creates atmosphere, it's good. If it's randomly banged throughout the game and drowns out others, then no. Definitely not. 

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Maybe if it could be used responsibly.

Problem is at City a drum always seems to end up in the hands of some over-excited kid who can't resist banging it non-stop, out-of-time for 90 mins...

What we need is Keith (when the) Moon (shines) to pick up the sticks.

i guess it depends on if it will be played by someone who a) has some musical training  b) will not turn up so drunk they have no idea what songs to join in with c) not through all there toys out when everyone dont want to sing the songs they are drumming to,

all these problems where there when last there was a drum in the eastend and in the end it got quite nasty, not sure we want that sort of trouble again  

31 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Sorry Mike, I absolutely abhor them, I would like to think that you stop any opposition supporters bringing one too. They destroy any singing section, one person drumming out a loud rhythm kills any other chants. I hope a huge majority feel the same. I share the unreserved section just under S82 and I love it there, but if we have a drum, I will be contacting you to ask for a move.

I don't agree,Fleetwood Sat proves that it doesn't destroy a singing section if used properly, it enhanced it massively and to be honest I've yet to be in a City away section that maintained the level of singing for such a sustained period as they did. I thought the few Fleetwood fans that were there did them proud

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

And for the benefit of BallBag who has been questioning everything connected with Bristol Sport, can you confirm if this 'drum' will be owned by Bristol City Football Club, Bristol Sport or the Stadium?

To some, this sort of information is very very important.

Just to be clear though. It doesn't matter to me, because I understand...

That the world don't move,

To the beat of just one drum.

What might be right for you, may not be right for some.

#wotchatalkin''boutcity?

35 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

We had a drummer. They couldn't play the drum. All manner of shenanigans followed.

Not least the SCENES that followed once their drumstick was misplaced.

I have said drummer chained up in my basement.

If I now have to release him I want immunity from prosecution. And the use of someone's power washer.

Drums can possibly, maybe, sometimes be ok if used in the right way and are a long way away. If you have a looney banging away non stop near to you it's a nightmare. So, it's a no from me. A tambourine would be acceptable.  

Archived