IGNORED

Back SL time

Meh

As we know we are nothing without this guy and he has clearly stated his backing for LJ.

Surely then so must we? Talk of banners, booing and general shite like that has to stop otherwise we will now be indirectly criticising SL and the board - and if anybody deserves a bit more patience, despite all the utter frustration will feel it must be them.

To boo, boycott, bitch and moan now can only hurt the club and the confidence of the entire coaching and playing staff further.

Please resist and at least give it two more home games - after that firk it - do what you want !! :P

I don't know if LJ is the right man for the job(at present it would seem he isn't) but the club is getting better in every aspect and that is exciting. I don't approve of him using that to dodge some vitriol about the current situation away on the pitch though. 

As for LJ, he's right that a young manager will make mistakes. I get that but are we as a club in a position to groom a young manager through thick and thin. Is LJ worth so much as a coach that relegation is acceptable? I can't see that. LJ has rubbed me the wrong way recently with his running off the pitch after losses and going away(or lying) from his philosophy. 

I don't know if keeping him is the right decision or not. Stats might say it's relegation confirmed. I don't mind not sacking someone quickly though. He's had the job a year and for much of that has done well. It's a tough one for sure. 

14 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Nah,

Johnson out! 

If you listen to City's management the plan is long term not short term. Yes I am not happy with current results but will be pleased  to stay up which I think we will and then move on with the next part of the plan whatever that is. No one expected Premiership after 1.5 seasons apart from one or two or even 100 on here!

1 minute ago, iamsober said:

If you listen to City's management the plan is long term not short term. Yes I am not happy with current results but will be pleased  to stay up which I think we will and then move on with the next part of the plan whatever that is. No one expected Premiership after 1.5 seasons apart from one or two or even 100 on here!

I was actually being facetious iamsober. ;)

3 minutes ago, iamsober said:

And when we go down ........ then what ?

1 minute ago, deadredfred said:

The only saving grace for me at the moment is that SL did openly come out and say we wouldn't sell Kodjia to another Championship team. 

I hope this is another case of SL's finest banter.  

Yes but he admitted he was wrong and for the amount of money we got I would also admit I was wrong unlike some on here when we are still in the Championship next season

1 minute ago, Honiton Tony said:

Then we have a young core to try with again. I don't want relegation just as much as you don't but I can't say we wouldn't be well equipped to come straight back up with a young squad again. Not ideal and I don't want it but because of how SL wants the club to be run, we'll always be a threat to push on. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Then we have a young core to try with again. I don't want relegation just as much as you don't but I can't say we wouldn't be well equipped to come straight back up with a young squad again. Not ideal and I don't want it but because of how SL wants the club to be run, we'll always be a threat to push on. 

:facepalm:

31 minutes ago, Neo said:

As we know we are nothing without this guy and he has clearly stated his backing for LJ.

Surely then so must we? Talk of banners, booing and general shite like that has to stop otherwise we will now be indirectly criticising SL and the board - and if anybody deserves a bit more patience, despite all the utter frustration will feel it must be them.

To boo, boycott, bitch and moan now can only hurt the club and the confidence of the entire coaching and playing staff further.

Please resist and at least give it two more home games - after that firk it - do what you want !! :P

This is why I won't organise a protest as I'll get more shit than it is worth!! 

Just now, Honiton Tony said:

:facepalm:

What an intuitive counter argument. Someone had that definition of insanity thread about LJ a few weeks back. Ironic really considering everyone here expects different from the club. 

Anyway, no one wants to consider it but we'd have a top L1 squad even with a few leaving. Even if the worst happens we'll still be in a position to get promoted and make profit on young players to help us pay for better players in the future. 

6 minutes ago, Honiton Tony said:

Do you truly believe this squad can't turn it around?

I hate the saying to good to go down but I cannot see this team not turning this around at least to some partial level.

That is head ruling heart and not vicky verky - I cannot recall a squad this strong for a long time and I'm convinced that by some miracle we get 3 points soon we will not look back.

I appreciate this can only be viewed as blind faith but relegation with this team is about as inconceivable as my hair growing back !! :blink:

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

I hate the saying to good to go down but I cannot see this team not turning this around at least to some partial level.

That is head ruling heart and not vicky verky - I cannot recall a squad this strong for a long time and I'm convinced that by some miracle we get 3 points soon we will not look back.

I appreciate this can only be viewed as blind faith but relegation with this team is about as inconceivable as my hair growing back !! :blink:

The problems the manager not the players and  he will take us down 

24 minutes ago, iamsober said:

well lj said europa league in 5 years

19 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

The only saving grace for me at the moment is that SL did openly come out and say we wouldn't sell Kodjia to another Championship team. 

I hope this is another case of SL's finest banter.  

Everybody has their price so don't knock SL for that. All the Championship Managers could not believe we 15m for him from another Champ club.

12 minutes ago, Neo said:

The blind faith is relevant, as oddly I can't recall any pro LJ posts that provide a rational reason why they think he'll reverse this form. And I could add Lansdown to this now. 

Archived