IGNORED

Back SL time

Meh

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

We don't do anything different tactically or formation wise, to what we were doing when we were winning mate. If we were getting hammered and the manager losing the plot like SC did, then I'd get it, but we aren't.

We've attracted some good players recently in the transfer window...what message does that send out to them if we sack LJ now.

If he continues to lose and we really do look like we are going down with say five games to go, but within safety of staying up, then I'd then say yes do it.

But only if we have found someone who can work with what we are creating. Someone who isn't going to come in and rip it all up again.

C'mon mate...I know it's a results game, but we aren't being outplayed and not doing anything any different to any other team in this league.

We need to unite and fight...not give up every time the going gets tough.

A sacking culture, just sends out a message of failure, and a fan base constantly bleating when the going gets tough, makes us look like losers...and as they sing back at us...'you only sing when you're winning.'

I'd rather fight with my back to the wall...than bleat and moan and complain all the time.

are you saying you'd keep him, but , as I think you are , if we look like we are going down , with five games to go , get rid of him ??

Whats the thought process there mate ? :blink:

Youve either left it way too long by then or there's no point in doing it

LJ isn't turning this around Spud - Our only hope right now , however unlikely , is that the players bond as a unit , form a plan themselves and dig out a few results

Hes completely lost in his philosophies which are changing weekly , his selections , and his tactics and IMHO these players aren't busting a gut for him either

What can you see that I can't mate ?

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I'm no happy clapper...and gutted and so frustrated at our recent results. But I'm going to support City, and hope the players and LJ turn round our fortunes.

Changing the manager doesn't guarantee a change in fortune. We've tried that so many times...and it has never worked. I'm glad we are bucking the trend.

The more I read people slagging off the manager, when we know he's trying his hardest for the club, the more my hackles go up.

It makes me even more determined to get behind the lads. I'll support the likes of Mark Little even more, even if he isn't good enough, because he gives 100%.

So easy just to slag people off when it's not going well and say sack the manager, like there is some magic wand.

For all those jumping ship....see ya...jog on...don't come crawling back if he turns it round and rams it down your throat. Oh yeah you'll be back...sing when your winning crowd.

C'mon Lee...C'mon lads...COYR's...

This is my thinking to, I want the guy to succeed but after that shameful excuse of a flag I want him to succeed even more.

The way some go on, you'd think the guy was exacting some sort of revenge because of the way he was treated by certain sections of the crowd when he was a player ffs

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

This is my thinking to, I want the guy to succeed but after that shameful excuse of a flag I want him to succeed even more.

The way some go on, you'd think the guy was exacting some sort of revenge because of the way he was treated by certain sections of the crowd when he was a player ffs

And I want a 19' cock, studded with topaz and aquamarine, but it ain't likely (I'm not cutting it in half for anyone)

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

are you saying you'd keep him, but , as I think you are , if we look like we are going down , with five games to go , get rid of him ??

Whats the thought process there mate ? :blink:

Youve either left it way too long by then or there's no point in doing it

LJ isn't turning this around Spud - Our only hope right now , however unlikely , is that the players bond as a unit , form a plan themselves and dig out a few results

Hes completely lost in his philosophies which are changing weekly , his selections , and his tactics and IMHO these players aren't busting a gut for him either

What can you see that I can't mate ?

For all the reasons I gave in the previous post mate. It's not just about changing one man...it has so many other implications. I'd rather give him time to turn it around, and then build, than start all over again.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

For all the reasons I gave in the previous post mate. It's not just about changing one man...it has so many other implications. I'd rather give him time to turn it around, and then build, than start all over again.

But the whole idea is that th 'head coach' is just a cog in the wheel isn't it ?

MA told us that was the whole idea, if the Head Coach moves on , everything remains the same

So what other implications ?

Why is LJ so integral to this new philosophy ?

You know , as well as I do , that he's lost major chunks , at best , of the dressing room and there's normally good reason for this

Theres too much concern in building a nest whilst the newborn are starving to death

2 hours ago, Neo said:

As we know we are nothing without this guy and he has clearly stated his backing for LJ.

Surely then so must we? Talk of banners, booing and general shite like that has to stop otherwise we will now be indirectly criticising SL and the board - and if anybody deserves a bit more patience, despite all the utter frustration will feel it must be them.

To boo, boycott, bitch and moan now can only hurt the club and the confidence of the entire coaching and playing staff further.

Please resist and at least give it two more home games - after that firk it - do what you want !! :P

Yet SL replied when asked "do we need to get something from the next 2 home games"? with; "NO NOT NECESSARILY"

fans can do what they like anyway, including not agreeing with SL no matter how much money he`s got; players, managers and chairmen are just passing through our club.

17 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Jeez... I hadn't thought of that!!

42 minutes ago, spudski said:

We still have nearly have a season left and another week in the transfer window. Sacking ANY manager at this very moment, makes no sense at all. I still want to give LJ time to turn it around, as he and the rest of the backroom staff have developed over the last year. I don't want to see all that broken up again, as I see what we have as the strongest ever.

If we were in the relegation zone but still in with a fighting chance of staying up, I'd still give the manager until at least 5 games left.

Changing managers causes more damage than good long term.

The fact we are getting good players coming here, even though we are struggling, speaks a thousand words in my book.

People keep blaming LJ...I'm pointing my finger more at certain experienced Pros in the team, who aren't pulling their weight imo.

Well there lies at least part of the problem, Spud. Johnson may have been a well thought of young coach - although personally I have seen no evidence, our training ground routines are pathetic - but to get the best out of talented but temperamental and perhaps egotistical players you have to be a manager. You have to manage personnel. You have to know how to cajole, when to be firm, when (and how) to encourage. You need to be open about your decisions, but at the same time you can't really be mates with anyone in the team - you need to stand a bit back for objectivity. Above all, you need to be able to raise morale when the going gets tough, so players can perform with their natural flair and not fall to pieces when things look like going against them. You have to make them brave.

This last is what Lee cannot do in my view. And I'm not sure you can really learn it. You either have the people skills to engender an "us v the world" gang mentality or you don't.

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Our only hope right now , however unlikely , is that the players bond as a unit , form a plan themselves and dig out a few results.

This gets to the heart of the problem imo. In any team situation what you should always be aiming for is team that takes control and runs itself.

A leader is there to set the tone, give the vision, encourage the team to make itself the best it can be. Players surely all want to succeed. They all know about football and between them should know what needs changing. They shouldn't be dictated to and told what to do. There should be an environment where they all feel in it together and able to work out with their team mates how to get a system that works.

On all fronts it just seems like LJ has absolutly no idea how to develop this kind of effective team work. He is just a very poor leader  and incapable of developing this environment as far as I can see.

Archived