IGNORED

LJ petition (Merged)

Eddie Notgetinya

11 hours ago, milo1111 said:

Yep. Its not impossible. Even for bcfc. Why shouldnt we expect to get a manager who can keep us 10-16th in this division for a few years to stabilise the club?? Our problem is we have appointed too many crap managers and even when we got a good un in cotts he fell out with the board. Crap like millen, mcinnes, sod, what are they all doing now?? 

A half decent manager could come in now, keep us up and get us stable next year with a couple of additions. Its not impossible.

I'm a Cotts fan, but we were in a far worse position when he left than we are now

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Exception not the rule- more about how the club is being run than the manager per'se. Think of the old days...doesn't happen like that anymore.

I used to love a good old car park lynching back in the day. Word would go round the old East End, everyone would gather and try and get on HTV
I miss those days. **** your online petition, if you want him out, do it the old school way. Numbers, voices - not poor spelling on a social media site that could (or could not) be monitored by the club

Tinpot

4 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I'm a Cotts fan, but we were in a far worse position when he left than we are now

I used to love a good old car park lynching back in the day. Word would go round the old East End, everyone would gather and try and get on HTV
I miss those days. **** your online petition, if you want him out, do it the old school way. Numbers, voices - not poor spelling on a social media site that could (or could not) be monitored by the club

Tinpot

Spot on Woodsy, no doubt you and I have jockeyed for position in that car park on a few occasions!!!

Whoever wants LJ out needs to either....

A) Not show up, a lack of bums on seats will send a powerful message to the board (it seemed to work when S'OD was manager)

B) Get some kind of protest or demonstration going. I'd prefer it not to happen while the game is on because the players don't need that kind of distraction IMO.

On line petitions eh...!!?

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Spot on Woodsy, no doubt you and I have jockeyed for position in that car park on a few occasions!!!

Whoever wants LJ out needs to either....

A) Not show up, a lack of bums on seats will send a powerful message to the board (it seemed to work when S'OD was manager)

B) Get some kind of protest or demonstration going. I'd prefer it not to happen while the game is on because the players don't need that kind of distraction IMO.

On line petitions eh...!!?

Ha, with those brilliant ski hats on, jumpers tucked into jeans. Those were definitely the days, Glyn!

Kids, eh? Car park warriors, nowhere to hide. Keyboard warriors, pah

3 hours ago, NickJ said:

There are 200+ more signatures on a LJ OUT petition than there are on a LJ IN petition.

So because there isn't a LJ IN petition, by default, the LJ OUT petition is the majority?

I dare the people who are still behind the club and by default LJ are showing their support in more productive ways than a petition.

Currently signed by just over 300 people. 

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Petition made national football news this morning.  Whilst I think Lee is out of his depth, such a petition is unacceptable and I wont be signing it.

It doesnt reflect well on either supporters or club.

great, its working then....hope guernsey gets our national footie news. Ps..what doesn't reflect well on the club or supporters is losing 8 on the spin, playing like donkeys and being relegated a few months after splashing out on a new stadium.

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

great, its working then....hope guernsey gets our national footie news. Ps..what doesn't reflect well on the club or supporters is losing 8 on the spin, playing like donkeys and being relegated a few months after splashing out on a new stadium.

What have you and the other 300 got planned next?

11 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Its a poor analogy-if you like a good March, join the army.

The only March worth doing and with any impact will be City fans away from the gate..

Not sure what an analogy is. Sorry if you thought my post was poor I will try harder . Cider army?

6 hours ago, Alessandro said:

So interestingly for me, whether you want him gone or not, we will soon find out what 'majority of fans' means once and for all. 

24 hours in and 200 odd signatures.

How many fans were at the last home game? 

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

So because there isn't a LJ IN petition, by default, the LJ OUT petition is the majority?

I dare the people who are still behind the club and by default LJ are showing their support in more productive ways than a petition.

Currently signed by just over 300 people. 

Just applying your logic in reverse.

It's debatable, is it not, what is productive. Supporting a manager who appears to be inept, or putting pressure on to get a better one for the longer term good.

The support for the team and lack of criticism of LJ at the games has been remarkable given the circumstances, the point being that for all the criticism in the media, those critics have generally not been on the players or LJ's back when it matters, on the pitch.

57 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Just applying your logic in reverse.

It's debatable, is it not, what is productive. Supporting a manager who appears to be inept, or putting pressure on to get a better one for the longer term good.

The support for the team and lack of criticism of LJ at the games has been remarkable given the circumstances, the point being that for all the criticism in the media, those critics have generally not been on the players or LJ's back when it matters, on the pitch.

What logic do think I'm applying? Seems pretty logical to me - SL said a few weeks ago the 'majority' of fans are behind LJ. That was ridiculed, so it will be interesting to see how many sign this petition, given so many on here believe they are in a 'majority' with their views. They certainly look like the majority on here right now, but those voices that shout about fear in a crisis are always the loudest. 

I know for a fact there are people who simply stay away from OTIB when a rot sets in. It's my opinion OTIB is not a balanced place right now.

Anyway, 2 days in and 341 votes.

You mentioned it's remarkable the support the team and LJ have had at games. Remarkable? Well I don't deny that the 'majority' of City fans are frustrated with the results and our position right now.

But applying some logic, average 17,000 at a game vs. 500 votes on OTIB and 340 on a petition. Perhaps, just perhaps the level of vitriol that you and some others have towards LJ, SL and the club simply isn't the view of the 'majority'?

15 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

What logic do think I'm applying? Seems pretty logical to me - SL said a few weeks ago the 'majority' of fans are behind LJ. That was ridiculed, so it will be interesting to see how many sign this petition, given so many on here believe they are in a 'majority' with their views. They certainly look like the majority on here right now, but those voices that shout about fear in a crisis are always the loudest. 

I know for a fact there are people who simply stay away from OTIB when a rot sets in. It's my opinion OTIB is not a balanced place right now.

Anyway, 2 days in and 341 votes.

You mentioned it's remarkable the support the team and LJ have had at games. Remarkable? Well I don't deny that the 'majority' of City fans are frustrated with the results and our position right now.

But applying some logic, average 17,000 at a game vs. 500 votes on OTIB and 340 on a petition. Perhaps, just perhaps the level of vitriol that you and some others have towards LJ, SL and the club simply isn't the view of the 'majority'?

The logic that says 340 from an Ashton Gate attendance of 17,000 is not a majority is flawed, as I suspect you are intelligent enough to know, because it assumes that (a) all18,000 have seen the petition and (b) all those that want him out can be bothered to vote.

Vitriol is a harsh word, and I think you would struggle to justify that from the majority if not any of my comments. Decent men in the public eye, one not up to his job, the other under performing in terms of the football side of his "business". Criticism comes with the territory.

I suspect the majority of fans don't read this forum or know about the petition(yet). Johnson wouldn't have survived anything like this long back in the nineties. When the fans wanted a manager gone he was subjected to massive verbal abuse at the games. It never took long before the p45 was on their desk. Denis Smith, Osman,Pullis all needed very thick skins not to crumble during their last games. Different world now, but the board would listen if the atmosphere was toxic and if there are empty seats. For what its worth I would've sacked the clown in December as the performances have deteriorated from the first game when surely they should've been improving. Especially with the massive backing he's had. 

I'm sorry but a petition??

I don't think I've ever heard of anything more embarrassing!! It will make us a laughing stock & do more damage than good!!

For starters, if LJ does happen to leave by whatever means, who is going to want to take the job on knowing that as soon as things get a little tough this sort of thing is going to happen?

It makes us look even more like country bumpkins :farmer: & will make us a laughing stock throughout the country!!

People seriously need to get a grip, it's embarrassing!!

3 minutes ago, The goal is that way said:

I suspect the majority of fans don't read this forum or know about the petition(yet). Johnson wouldn't have survived anything like this long back in the nineties. When the fans wanted a manager gone he was subjected to massive verbal abuse at the games. It never took long before the p45 was on their desk. Denis Smith, Osman,Pullis all needed very thick skins not to crumble during their last games. Different world now, but the board would listen if the atmosphere was toxic and if there are empty seats. For what its worth I would've sacked the clown in December as the performances have deteriorated from the first game when surely they should've been improving. Especially with the massive backing he's had. 

The backing LJ has had from SL, both verbally and financially, tells me that SL has bet his shirt on him!

4 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I'm sorry but a petition??

I don't think I've ever heard of anything more embarrassing!! It will make us a laughing stock & do more damage than good!!

For starters, if LJ does happen to leave by whatever means, who is going to want to take the job on knowing that as soon as things get a little tough this sort of thing is going to happen?

It makes us look even more like country bumpkins :farmer: & will make us a laughing stock throughout the country!!

People seriously need to get a grip, it's embarrassing!!

a little tough? :rofl2br:

Not seen the petition, sounds a bit naff, but would be interesting how many are season ticket holders or even go to AG

Whilst a vocal minority always like to portray themselves as the majority, that does not seem to be the case with the backing LJ has, particularly from the away fans.

For the record I wanted LJ sacked a few games ago, particularly after Forest, but do seem some improvement and cause for optimism, so will not be signing a petition.

Things have moved on from my day when large crowds would gather chanting for the manager to be sacked, outside the Williams stand windows after a game with the directors looking on thinking what to do.

11 minutes ago, NickJ said:

The logic that says 340 from an Ashton Gate attendance of 17,000 is not a majority is flawed, as I suspect you are intelligent enough to know, because it assumes that (a) all18,000 have seen the petition and (b) all those that want him out can be bothered to vote.

Which is what I've been waiting for someone to say to those who have confidently labelled themselves in the majority on here with their opinions. Regardless of its validity - the petition is a decent gauge of opinion though.

Vitriol is a harsh word, and I think you would struggle to justify that from the majority if not any of my comments. Decent men in the public eye, one not up to his job, the other under performing in terms of the football side of his "business". Criticism comes with the territory.

I've read plenty of vitriol. I won't troll through your points to prove you right or wrong. But you've been more than 'vocal' in your opposition to LJ from the very start and are regularly disparaging of SL. Of course critisim comes with the territory in football, I've yet to hear anything balanced from you though. 

Eitherway. I was thinking about what someone wrote today "what is it that people who still 'support' LJ see in him that we don't?"

I personally don't see anything in him that others don't. 

I just have a different view towards the opinion of some about 'to sack or not to sack'. Not if LJ is up to the job or not, because if you boil it down, it really should be as simple as that, but I believe it is really is not.

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Regardless of petitions and whatever, I think a majority of fans want him out...

People just don't express it at football in this country anymore, not really. Think of the old days- banners like major banners in the stadium, perhaps a post game protest in the carpark or indeed in the stand. Doesn't happen at football these days, nothing like the same way but I can see no case to say that a majority of fans want him to remain much longer.

I think it's very difficult to say that the majority want him out.

The majority on here for sure but in the real world he still has plenty of support.

I don't think there is any way of finding out if the majority want him out.

7 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Tinpot

In all fairness, we're only in a better position now because we have a new stadium and a better squad. From a football and points perspective, we've not improved a jot - which doesn't reflect well at all on Johnson considering how much money he's spent.

4 hours ago, Top Robin said:

I think it makes the club and its fans pathetic...

300 ffs, the media probably having a right laugh at how cringeworthy this petition is

40 minutes ago, kingswood red said:

a little tough? :rofl2br:

Well if you think this is really bad, then you've obviously had a very sheltered life!!

Things have been a lot worse in the past, to the level of nearly not actually having a club to support at all.

We've lost some games!! Big deal!! What gives us a god given right to win games?

People need to get a serious grip on reality, we've spent a fraction of what 95% of other clubs in this division have spent over the last 5 years & yet all of a sudden the expectations have rocketed with no substance to back it up!!

Our record transfer is lower than 95% of the division & that player struggles to play because his form has been so poor!!

I'm not sure why so many people believe we are entitled to win games or do better in the league than what we are.

No one has a god given right to win games, we have been in this division for a year & a half & have only been able to benefit on the funds from doing so for a year & a half!!

90% of this division have reaped the financial rewards of being in this division or from being in The Premier League for much longer than we've been in The Championship & a fair few teams (Wigan included) will still be picking up vast sums from parachute payments!!

We are a very small fish in a much bigger pond & as things stand, on reputation alone, we can't compete with 80% of the clubs in this division because like it or not, they have been here longer than us or have a recent history of being in The Premier League!!

Our good start to the season meant that some supporters got overexcited & started dreaming about promotion to The Premier League when in reality we were batting well above our level.

Welcome to reality, we have a club to support & are in a much better position than some clubs but that's just not good enough for some!!

Just be careful what you wish for because those slagging SL off, ask Blackburn, Blackpool, Portsmouth, Charlton & Hull who they'd rather have in charge & I can bet the majority of clubs in Britain wish they had an SL in charge of their football club!!

Archived