IGNORED

Lansdown on Made In Bristol

BCFC J

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Just watched it on Made in Bristol (if anyone missed it, it's repeated at 4am, 7am and 10am tomorrow morning) and I'm gobsmacked. 

I have a lot of respect for SL and I wouldn't call for him to sell up and the like but he's being bloody-minded and pig-headed. He's quite right, we can't keep changing managers but what other option is there now?

Lee is rolling the dice more times than James Bond on a stag weekend in Vegas.

Unless this is all an elaborate ruse, we are fewked. If we slide into L1 next season, I'll hand deliver some humble pie to AG with Steve's name in the pastry.

He just seems to have decided to blindly backi a manager when we've got the wrong bloody one

:grr:

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I just wonder if he's doing it to spite the players. Asserting that he decides when the manager goes; not them. Possible?

Only saw the one on youtube where he spends most of his time complaing that the fans are being negative. Found it very, very depressing indeed. Love SL but I'm beginning to feel like he is just sticking two fat fingers up to us recently and saying..  tough

3 hours ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

Just saw the full interview, he said that he 100% expects Lee to be in charge after the Burton game.

Is he taking the p*ss? 

Did you bother to watch the entire interview? 

Much as I want Junior gone there is a wider issue as SL said and my view is that there are too many fans do not see let alone understand the "wider issue".

To get a new man in is a huge and risky call with having to start all over again.

But......City could end up in League 1 next season and that would be a disaster for the entire club so keeping Junior in charge is a risk as well.

Who'd be in SLs boots right now? Not me for sure.

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I just wonder if he's doing it to spite the players. Asserting that he decides when the manager goes; not them. Possible?

If we've got to that stage we are truly ******, although I'm not discounting it.

Not going well is it?

I like Lee and SL. I want Lee to do well and wouldn't want any other owner. SL is making a gamble, I really hope it works out, I admire him sticking with LJ but am also fearful at the possible consequences.

I just wish SL had backed Cotterill as much as he has LJ.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Much as I want Junior gone there is a wider issue as SL said and my view is that there are too many fans do not see let alone understand the "wider issue".

To get a new man in is a huge and risky call with having to start all over again.

But......City could end up in League 1 next season and that would be a disaster for the entire club so keeping Junior in charge is a risk as well.

If I had his wealth - I think I'd cope !!

:thumbsup:

Not life changing stuff is it 

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's risky because he's dithered and left it, probably, too late. 

14 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

It's risky because he's dithered and left it, probably, too late. 

It's risky whatever he does. Dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't.

If Junior does get axed then I reckon the only man who could pick up the  baton would be Keith Millen. He has all the qualities that fit the required bill.

SL  came over that interview like he always does - determined and forthright and said nothing unexpected, not to me anyway.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

It's risky whatever he does. Dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't.

If Junior does get axed then I reckon the only man who could pick up the  baton would be Keith Millen. He has all the qualities that fit the required bill.

SL  came over that interview like he always does - determined and forthright and said nothing unexpected, not to me anyway.

Keith Millen, the ONLY man, really ? 

2 minutes ago, AshtonG666 said:

Keith Millen, the ONLY man, really ? 

In my view, yeah.

He knows the club inside out, has worked for SL before and now has considerably more experience since he left City. SL rates him as well and that's  a vital factor.

Who else? 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

In my view, yeah.

He knows the club inside out, has worked for SL before and now has considerably more experience since he left City. SL rates him as well and that's  a vital factor.

Who else? 

That's a big call to say the only person, but if that's what you believe then I respect your opinion 

2 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Sad thing is we could lose to Newcastle 3-0 (would be told they have a perm budget and staff etc etc) lose by a odd goal to Villa (be told we were unlikely blah blah blah) then draw or beat Burton (like we did Rotherham) and then he buys himself another 3 or 4 games....

Ooooh someone's optimistic!

45 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Will, if he had a specific problem with any of the players he should do something about them, the fact after all this inuendo no one seems prepared to get rid of or stop playing anyone, tells me this is the least convincing power struggle known to man - there has been every opportunity to assert any kind of leadership over the players and it hasn't happened.

If Steve Lansdown is trying to prop up the manager by drawing this distinction he has failed on every count. There have been literally months to remove the problem/s, either it's everyone (you know the rest) or her manager is totally unable to manage the problem out.

With that said the gossip mill has said a lot about some of our players and yet the players subject of historic innuendo were all on the bench on Wednesday. 5 players who were signed in January all played. There is only one story here.

52 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We need to roll the dice. Only a cretin would see LJ as a champ standard head coach after what wev'e been through with him. Just get another coach in who buys into the structure/ethos. Foreign coaches are used to it for starters. It doesnt have to be an old school control freak.

Whilst I have every sympathy with SL and his long term plan which is the right way to move the club forward in the long term I cannot accept that LJ is a great coach as he stated in the interview. Maybe if he had a team of hyper enthusiastic 14 or 15 year olds then maybe he could get the best out of them, but it's a completely different ball game with seasoned pros and whatever he is doing is wrong and it is blindingly obvious to the majority of fans now, but for some reason not SL?!!! I can only think that this is more about a personal friendship than a professional relationship because anyone else would have been well gone by now? To say that the views of those on OTIB don't reflect the views of the majority of supporters is barmy. The record is clear to see for all and if the majority are happy with one win in 13 then there must be a hell of a lot of totally brain dead people in Bristol!

25 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Whilst I have every sympathy with SL and his long term plan which is the right way to move the club forward in the long term I cannot accept that LJ is a great coach as he stated in the interview. Maybe if he had a team of hyper enthusiastic 14 or 15 year olds then maybe he could get the best out of them, but it's a completely different ball game with seasoned pros and whatever he is doing is wrong and it is blindingly obvious to the majority of fans now, but for some reason not SL?!!! I can only think that this is more about a personal friendship than a professional relationship because anyone else would have been well gone by now? To say that the views of those on OTIB don't reflect the views of the majority of supporters is barmy. The record is clear to see for all and if the majority are happy with one win in 13 then there must be a hell of a lot of totally brain dead people in Bristol!

CM I think you make some great points but be assured that from my knowledge of SL's personal friendships and business he won't hesitate to do what he thinks is best for him, friend or no friend.. 100% business man to the end.. 

As far as oppointing a replacement for LJ we need a proven manager who hasn't any "Baggage" unlike the 7 day wonders !!!!

I think this tells you who the real brains were in the H & L combo.

Above all else this is a rather large 1 fingered salute to the fans. It bears all the hall marks of an arrogant man with a vindictive streak by refusing to bow to the obvious.

The Leicester decision accentuates the crass nature of Landsdown's apparent inability to do the right thing.

They do say that money breeds contempt. 

Lansdown may well feel that he holds all of the aces but fan power can make his current stance untenable. 

Time to turn the volume up.

2 minutes ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

Above all else this is a rather large 1 fingered salute to the fans. It bears all the hall marks of an arrogant man with a vindictive streak by refusing to bow to the obvious.

The Leicester decision accentuates the crass nature of Landsdown's apparent inability to do the right thing.

They do say that money breeds contempt. 

Lansdown may well feel that he holds all of the aces but fan power can make his current stance untenable. 

Time to turn the volume up.

Another example of someone else not listening fully to the SL interview - or not understanding it.

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Another example of someone else not listening fully to the SL interview - or not understanding it.

Well, I have heard SL tell Lee Tomlin to "buckle down" on RB and yesterday that the crowd need to do things differently, because our "negativity" is making it difficult for the players.

But during a run of 13 league defeats in 17 games including a club record breaking run of consecutive defeats, I have heard nothing, not one word, from SL about what his head coach might need to be doing differently, only praise and "everything is working well" and indeed, a reward for his head coach of a contract extension.

So, no surprise to me if some people fail to hear what he is saying, or that there is "noise" from some supporters. 

Said to a mate yesterday, I lost a lot of respect for him after the RB interview, and lost all remaining respect I had left yesterday. The show of clear inept, favouritism and pure ignorance he's showing is unbelievable. 

If we do go down then here's one fan that won't be renewing their ST. And the great and loyal leader SL would've ploughed millions and millions into the club, redeveloped the ground, over years and years for us to be......about 5 places better off in the league from the day he joined. Excellent businessman and decision maker. 

Had he sacked Lee and gone balls out with anything Rowett wanted to get him in charge minutes after the Cardiff game, I firmly believe we'd be on a comfy 40/42 points by now and he wouldn't have needed to take the time to do two interviews in two months about the current manager and fan anger. 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Said to a mate yesterday, I lost a lot of respect for him after the RB interview, and lost all remaining respect I had left yesterday. The show of clear inept, favouritism and pure ignorance he's showing is unbelievable. 

If we do go down then here's one fan that won't be renewing their ST. And the great and loyal leader SL would've ploughed millions and millions into the club, redeveloped the ground, over years and years for us to be......about 5 places better off in the league from the day he joined. Excellent businessman and decision maker. 

Had he sacked Lee and gone balls out with anything Rowett wanted to get him in charge minutes after the Cardiff game, I firmly believe we'd be on a comfy 40/42 points by now and he wouldn't have needed to take the time to do two interviews in two months about the current manager and fan anger. 

He certainly needs to keep the fans onside, they are the ones who buy the tickets. Sure seems to be some stubbornness re. LJ's position. As others have said, maybe the years extension on his contract was balanced with a "bottom three" and you resign clause, who knows? Or maybe, thinking back to the apparent "surprise at Championship wages" statements when we first got promoted. the club have decided that top end of Div 1 success,  with perhaps 16000+, is a cheaper option than Championship with 18000+, when wage costs are included. What ever happens I shall renew next year as usual whichever Div we are in.

Insensitive at the very least. He can ask the fans to get behind the team - that's okay - but to blame us for the players "shrinking"????????

Seems to me he is more than put out by the criticism (look at all I have done for you - 2 new Stands (let's forget about the procession of duff Managers I appointed)) and feels entitled (?) to strike back without addressing the issues. So it's arrogance. Said before BCFC has become his plaything

59 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Insensitive at the very least. He can ask the fans to get behind the team - that's okay - but to blame us for the players "shrinking"????????

Seems to me he is more than put out by the criticism (look at all I have done for you - 2 new Stands (let's forget about the procession of duff Managers I appointed)) and feels entitled (?) to strike back without addressing the issues. So it's arrogance. Said before BCFC has become his plaything

Don't know about it being his plaything but he sure don't like criticism!  Truth is that the buck stops with you Mr. Lansdown.

13 hours ago, Olé said:

Will, if he had a specific problem with any of the players he should do something about them, the fact after all this inuendo no one seems prepared to get rid of or stop playing anyone, tells me this is the least convincing power struggle known to man - there has been every opportunity to assert any kind of leadership over the players and it hasn't happened.

If Steve Lansdown is trying to prop up the manager by drawing this distinction he has failed on every count. There have been literally months to remove the problem/s, either it's everyone (you know the rest) or her manager is totally unable to manage the problem out.

With that said the gossip mill has said a lot about some of our players and yet the players subject of historic innuendo were all on the bench on Wednesday. 5 players who were signed in January all played. There is only one story here.

I don't disagree, Roberto. I could still be right about Lansdown's logic though...

Archived