IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 28/12/2017 at 09:01, bristolmoose said:

It shows up the difference in perspective of the two sets of fans.

From the quote above - Potentially if Rovers were top four prem year on year they would get 50,000 crowds

Meanwhile there is a thread on here questioning if AG is big enough for the prem at 27000 and the consensus is that it probably is for most games! No one has mentioned top four!

I’m sure that if Chesterfield, Walsall, Southend and everyone else they’ve compared themselves with would also average 50,000 if they were “top four prem year on year”. 

I mean seriously! Top 4 year on year. What the hell is this bloke on about. He’s basically saying that if the Gappers were up there with Man U, Man C, Arsenal & Chelsea for a sustained period, then their crowds would increase. Duh! 

What a truly baffling bunch they are. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, myol'man said:

Next up for the massed travelling blue few;

Oldham, famous for car batteries and being one of the highest bleakest football grounds in England.

Oldham are expecting a big crowd of over 5,000 (that's the whole attendance, not the away crowd!)

In the Latics squad ex City players Brian Wilson, founder of the Beach Boys and Aaron Amadi-Holloway (no relation)

1-0 to Oldham with Holloway heading home the winner :clapping:

ah.jpg

bw.jpg

If he was down here I would really want the City fans to be signing. "Hey Brian, we wanna know, what happened to your hair. " :)

Also, do we think their attendance obsessives will be looking to compare their away following to a team in the North West with our upcoming trip? Perhaps not.

Edited by Port Said Red

21 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

I did think about that, when driving out of the car park. It really is now, very different to growing up in Bristol in the 70's. What was the name of the ex-army officer who sold Eastville in the 1940's? If I was a Rovers fan he would go down as the man who sealed their fate a long, long time ago..

Not all hero's wear capes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Ridsdale and Neil were at Oldham earlier to watch Bodin. Looking like we'll make a move.

Be hilarious when he joins your lot when his contract runs out in the summer. Saggies don't get a penny from it and Bodin is elevated in to Colin Daniel levels of folklore, single handedly responsible for sending them in to administration.

I’ve got to come back to this “We’d get 50,000 if we’re top 4 prem year on year”. 

Just checked some stats. Only Man U and Arsenal have averaged over 50,000 in each of the last 4 years. 

So the deluded blue few believe that, should they ever reach the premier league, they would become the 3rd best supported club in the country. 

When they’ve not actually sold out the barely 10k swamp in 15 years! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’ve got to come back to this “We’d get 50,000 if we’re top 4 prem year on year”. 

Just checked some stats. Only Man U and Arsenal have averaged over 50,000 in each of the last 4 years. 

So the deluded blue few believe that, should they ever reach the premier league, they would become the 3rd best supported club in the country. 

To be fair Slim, they are bound to be the 3rd best supported club in the country as they are the 6th richest.

Any fool knows that.

• Like 2

Those who don't give a shit about City were out in force again last night following our defeat to Wolves, apparently giving a shit about about City.

Could somebody please produce a nice picture with the words "17 Years" inside a big shadow?

If they are fishing then they can have one back, followed by the word Tinpot. They will probably offer me out and defreind me, but nothing new from the blue few there! 

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Bless! The little club are having a field day on their 'elephant in the room' thread. We have to give it to them, one defeat in 3 MONTHS and they are 'coming for us' again after a point at, erm, Oldham.

Tickle their bellies and just smile, along with the other 25,000+ that watch our games. ;)

We lost to PNE towards the end of November and got beat by Leeds in late October.....we’ve had more than one defeat in three months...just to give a bit of balance. Leave the exaggerations to that lot...

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Cambridge Batch Red said:

356 isn't bad considering how poor they are at the moment, we've took similar numbers to Oldham in the past. 

For a fan base that claims to have extraordinary away support it's a low turn out isn't it.

Then again, I'm sure if they were visitings Oldhams ground for the first time in 25 years they might of take a few more.

They are only 5 points away from relegation to the 4th division again and the way they are playing, they don't look likely to be climbing the table any time soon.  Take Bodin out of the equation and there is only one way they are going.

And whilst they take 356 to Oldham, we are at home again playing in front of a 25k plus crowd again, on sky every week and 3rd in the league (2nd on monday).

Only 2 more months before the money runs out as well.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

They didn't take anywhere near 50k to Wembley, did they? Lord only knows how they they think the unthinkable of Premier League and 50k crowds.

4 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

How I miss his interesting and stimulating posts on OTIB ...

weeezord.thumb.png.f2a26989d91100b7239a04612e941c11.png

http://gasheads.proboards.com/thread/11303/elephant-room?page=19

Oh look, it's the Gashead who was too ashamed to admit he was a Gashead on here so pretended to be a Pompey fan instead.

Wonder which team the dick will be supporting tomorrow when Rovers play Portsmouth?

• Haha 2

To be fair to them they have had some massive games to watch in the last month, and probably had enough of football, attendances may drop next month too:

Sheff U v Bristol City

Bristol City v Man U

Bristol City v Wolves

Coming soon:

Man City v Bristol City

Derby v Bristol City

Bristol City v Man City

Bolton v Bristol City

Thanks for the link @SirColinOfMansfield but I can't stand more than a couple of minutes on there at any one time.  The Hypocrisy and delusion is unbelievable. An example....

"Better cancel their obsessed with Rovers thread now."

This on a thread that is at 20 pages in 10 days . All they have to laugh about is us losing to the best side in the Championship :facepalm:

Oh , and apparently our bubble will burst and away following will drop massively. They could be right with the 2nd bit, only 5,500 sold so far forMan City and members can't buy until tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

How I miss his interesting and stimulating posts on OTIB ...

weeezord.thumb.png.f2a26989d91100b7239a04612e941c11.png

http://gasheads.proboards.com/thread/11303/elephant-room?page=19

They should set up a thread about themselves called “Elephants on the pitch” although if they got wind of that they’d probably run on the pitch and punch them.

Sell out tomorrow, 7k to Man City etc, yeah our attendances will slump!! Although as much as we’ve had that Man Utd win shoved down our throats, apparently, I would take being in the top 6 of the Championship, being on Sky every week and watching football they can only dream about in packed stadiums ahead of taking 50 to Gillingham, 350 to Oldham and celebrating 0-0 draws at Walsall like they’ve just done Barca!!

Anyone else feel like a healthy dose of Karma is coming to their lot?

The amount of frankly horrible stuff the club and it's fans have been a part of on and off the pitch probably exceeds the most shameful moments of every other club in the country. From tiny bids on AG, laughing in our face in 82, rampant racism for as long as I can remember, homophobia, stealing from the supporters trust to bare faced lying to the supports.

It's not like this current predicament they're about to find themselves in has been coming, has it?

• Like 2