IGNORED

New kit?

brizzlelou

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Says the one who posted that we've travelled 1,812 miles in midweek this season....it's actually 2,024....trivial yet relevant...

So even more weighted in favour of my point..?! Bizarre! 

Yeah, I feel really foolish...?!

The article was prior to all midweek games being completed, yet still shows up the complete inaccuracy of your previous statements. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4290562/Championship-fans-travelled-36130-midweek-miles.html

And.......relax.

In the 80's (before the social media/intraweb thingy) a newspaper reported that the best team to support was Halifax. They could travel to 60 football league grounds within an hour of leaving their patch. 

It would be interesting to know which team in the Championship would win that accolade today especially if it was limited to teams in the Championship only.  My money is on Rascal's team to win this accolade! 

Unless it's announced pretty soon I don't think they will be wearing the new kit on Sunday. Surely City will want a few days to hype it up and if like last year show us tiny bits of the kit? Let's see if we hear anything over the next day or two.

My impression from the players was that they had a few days off after Brighton, not sure if they are back for a day or two yet so they perhaps wouldn't have shot any promotional photos of the kits yet anyway?

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Unless it's announced pretty soon I don't think they will be wearing the new kit on Sunday. Surely City will want a few days to hype it up and if like last year show us tiny bits of the kit? Let's see if we hear anything over the next day or two.

My impression from the players was that they had a few days off after Brighton, not sure if they are back for a day or two yet so they perhaps wouldn't have shot any promotional photos of the kits yet anyway?

Perhaps they've already done the photo shoot? I have no inside information, but it could already be done...

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

Perhaps they've already done the photo shoot? I have no inside information, but it could already be done...

They could well have done, that's true. But I'm just thinking of last year when there was all kinds if leaks and rumours from the photoshoot itself, either they have tightened that up or its not been done. 

1 minute ago, DolmanDave said:

If I remember right wasn't last year's  new kit announced/revealed two days prior to being available in the club shop?

I think last year the kit wasn't worn for the last match as the sponsor was changed wasn't it, from RSG to Lancer Scott. As RSG had the contract for the season we had to fulfill that. How long a deal did Lancer Scott sign, I would think it was more than a year, dunno? So that can't be the delay this year can it? I guess we will find out soon. 

13 hours ago, Rascal said:

I'm a member of most forums, and you're right this is right up there with the best of them. 

Top five in this league are. 

Owls Talk. OTIB. PNE Online. WACCOE. & North Stand Chat. 

I'd agree with that. Haven't participated much in them but when I've dropped by for a nose those have been my favourite ones. Haven't checked out WACCOE.

12 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Just admit you were wrong rather than getting in a strop, we've all done it.

I was wrong! Apologies! I think I was thinking of the average miles per away trip with ours being not too much further than  the Yorkshire clubs...anyway, I was wrong...

14 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

When i was playing, i'm pretty sure it was mainly only Bristol. Outside London we had the most registered grassroots/park footballers than anywhere. Most big cities play Sunday mornings only, or used to anyway. I, like many played Saturdays and Sundays

There's saturday football leagues all over the country.

14 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm sure they do, although there is no getting away from the fact that Bristol has the largest playing participation in the country, outside of London. 

Having said that, there is never usually a massive increase in attendance for fixtures that deviate away from 3pm Saturday KO. 

I'd be interested to see any stats on this?

I'd imagine Bristol does have a large grassroots football scene but so do other major cities. I certainly wouldn't see it as a reason for lower attendances specifically in Bristol.

As someone else said, our attendances aren't massively inflated when games fall on any other day of the week.

Archived