IGNORED

Attendance vs Brum - NOW SOLD OUT

JakeOTIB

4 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Anyone want to take a stab at guessing the attendance? The closest gets to go on a date with Eugenie Bouchard or something.

My guess - 26,754

"At present the crowd for Sunday’s season finale has eclipsed the 25,000-mark. That leaves just under 300 tickets left available before the club put up the sold out signs. 

The fully-redeveloped Ashton Gate has a seated capacity of just over 26,459, but a number of safety restrictions have been placed on Sunday’s fixture. 

If sales continue at their current rate, a capacity crowd of 25,292 is anticipated."

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/largest-league-crowd-for-37-years-guaranteed-3705069.aspx#DvHuK8QMdxzDApTU.99

I anticipate 25,292

8 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Remember Sheffield united. We beat them 2 0 . I was in the eastend that day as a young boy . Remember city fans singing we ****** you're party . Gate was about 10000 . Half of those Sheffield united. Chased city all over Ashton gate . My wheeto was twitching that day 

didn't "chase us all over ashton gate" outside after.....which was livelier than inside

7 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

didn't "chase us all over ashton gate" outside after.....which was livelier than inside

From wat I remember. Sheff u were in the dolman. It went off . Stood in eastend. City fans running across the pitch and towards eastend. That was my memory. But obviously it's wrong. Long time ago

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

From wat I remember. Sheff u were in the dolman. It went off . Stood in eastend. City fans running across the pitch and towards eastend. That was my memory. But obviously it's wrong. Long time ago

A lot of City lads weren't there that day as it was a nothing game for us 

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

Bristol was as much an industrial city as any during the first two thirds of the 20th century and solidly working class.

Just had really crap football teams throughout.

Come on dude, feel the history: 2nd place at the Top Table and FA Cup Runners-Up can't be classed as 'crap'! The counter argument that 'it was over 100 years ago' (if someone gives it that) discredits all teams and their achievements, even winning the 1st Div and winning the Cup would, by that logic, be crap. We were immense in the first decade of the 20th century! Our best ten years ever! (and if any sag argues, ask them for their best ten years - it won't include anything in the top division or FA Cup finals, that's for sure).

8 minutes ago, screech said:

I thought max capacity was nearer 28000 since the refurb?

27,000 was the number bandied about. Turns out even that was a myth! It seems physically impossible to get a 27,000 crowd with segregation and restrictions, nearer to 26,000 is the max.

2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Club site says only two games have exceeded 25k, Forest in LC semi in 89, and Walsall play off in '88, since 1980. But the Sheff Utd play off in '88 also topped 25k (25,335).

I saw that. Face palmed meself. In the face.

I love how the offish site says this is gonna be the biggest crowd in 37 years (in the league, on a Sunday, in May, with opponents from the Midlands, who play in blue, and are in relegation trouble).

The 2 play-off crowds in 88 were 25,000+ no question. The fact the official club site doesn't know this is...is...not a surprise?! (watch out for the counter posts now, claiming we're making a negative out of a positive...palm face...)

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

probably had "upper hand" inside ground but not outside

Just now, EnclosureSurge said:

27,000 was the number bandied about. Turns out even that was a myth! It seems physically impossible to get a 27,000 crowd with segregation and restrictions, nearer to 26,000 is the max.

Which honestly begs the question why have 27000 seats if you can't sale them ?

Just now, archie andrews said:

probably had "upper hand" inside ground but not outside

As I remember it, they had the upper hand inside, largely by dint of the element of surprise. Outside were the missing hundreds/thousands keeping the att down to 10,000. Despite all that, quite like Sheff U fans, glad they're back in the Champ, where they belong, surely. 

1 minute ago, EnclosureSurge said:

That 27,000 will be the physical number of seats in the ground, but, as you say, segregation means the actual number available will never hit that mark. 

Maybe it might for rugby, when there's no segregation? 

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Yes there were definitely Sheff Utd fans in the Dolman. I was with my dad and I remember us running along the front of the Dolman by the pitch to get out of the way. My dad found it quite funny from what I remember. There was trouble in Ashton Park after the game as well - I remember a policeman with megaphone warning fans to stay away from that area, which was the cue for lots of City fans to run in that direction to join the fray.

29 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Come on dude, feel the history: 2nd place at the Top Table and FA Cup Runners-Up can't be classed as 'crap'! The counter argument that 'it was over 100 years ago' (if someone gives it that) discredits all teams and their achievements, even winning the 1st Div and winning the Cup would, by that logic, be crap. We were immense in the first decade of the 20th century! Our best ten years ever! (and if any sag argues, ask them for their best ten years - it won't include anything in the top division or FA Cup finals, that's for sure).

One game going a particular way and look at how their time has gone since.

Old Trafford largely funded by that FA Cup win and going on to numerous trophies, domestic and international, while we rattle between the second and third tiers.

26 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

That 27,000 will be the physical number of seats in the ground, but, as you say, segregation means the actual number available will never hit that mark. 

Excellent point. It's weird because everywhere, literally, everywhere, the 27,000 figure is bandied about: "...AG redevelopment to a 27,000 capacity..." yet that's misleading. Because of the nature of football, 27,000 can't be achieved, yet it's a figure I have in my head. I'd love to see us, in the Sundays (Harriet Wheeler!), with a 27,000 against our name, but it's always going to be a max of 26,XXX - and that's only if we play someone duff like Rotherham (remember how they gave up some o f their allocation for us in 2007?)

Rugby, yes, it could well attain a full full-house, but for us, no. 

1 minute ago, CiderJar said:

Wasn't that when the Wedlock had a new roof and comfy seats ("platinum" seating in the middle) put in?

Wedlock didn't get a new roof?

Wooden seats were replaced in the Dolman though. Plus the Platinum seating.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

One game going a particular way and look at how their time has gone since.

Old Trafford largely funded by that FA Cup win and going on to numerous trophies, domestic and international, while we rattle between the second and third tiers.

Think poss Manchester has always had something else going for it which we lack! (And I say that through gritted teeth having lived there - and commuted to City games although some bellends on here would have you believe I was dressed in blue & white!) But yes, two different paths. We can't be the only club who've diverged like that, surely?!

24 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

With the Atyeo being exclusively for away fans from next season, wouldn't a Sunderland or Villa selling that out allow for a genuine "full house"??

And if not,why not!...other clubs seem to manage it.

Great thread/post this! Talking bout a 25,000+ crowd (or 26,000+ if yr really optimistic) (or sub 27,000 if yer cynical).

And to think this is at the end of the season with the worst run of results ever (coincidental with the rebuild, poss).

Imagine if we hadn't had such a shyte 4/6 of the season!

Fair play to City for reducing prices. Fair play to fans for taking up the offer. Come On You Reds! 

is that Red enough for you?

8 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

With the Atyeo being exclusively for away fans from next season, wouldn't a Sunderland or Villa selling that out allow for a genuine "full house"??

And if not,why not!...other clubs seem to manage it.

I asked this earlier and apparently you are right. Only reason we can't  do a full house this time is because of the netting in the Atyeo (roughly 700 seats) and a couple of hundred put back for safety reasons (ie extra stewards to suss out any Brum in the home ends)

Archived