IGNORED

Attendance vs Brum - NOW SOLD OUT

JakeOTIB

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

From reading our visitors forum, it seems like they're thinking about a pitch invasion on Sunday. I hope not as I can't see that ending well. Let's hope JulieH and the local OB are aware of t.

Wow that'd be a sight to behold... has anyone parachuted in a pitch invasion before? 

(West Stand security should be searching fans back-packs for parachutes, bungee ropes, abseiling equipment & tell tell boxes of Milk Tray chocolates :) .  

1 minute ago, WhistleHappy said:

Wow that'd be a sight to behold... has anyone parachuted in a pitch invasion before? 

(West Stand security should be searching fans back-packs for parachutes, bungee ropes, abseiling equipment & tell tell boxes of Milk Tray chocolates :) .  

I remember the good old days of the new kit being parachuted I'm. 

That went well.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

I can't help thinking that some are letting their imaginations run wild over what might happen on Sunday. 

That said, I am surprised that the club didn't announce from the outset that anyone wanting to buy must have a previous booking history. 

Perhaps you're right.

The again, packed trains coming from Weston to Parson Street full of Brummies and City fans - I mean what could possibly go wrong...

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Didn't Sheff Utd once invade the pitch? Late 80s or early 90s?

Those were the days we - and not just us - thought it was alright to have Block A of the Dolman for away fans, and the a thin line of disinterested stews and a few coopers, then the rest of the Dolman sold out with City fans. Sheff U came down twice, May 89 and play-offs 88. Only 10,000 at the former, but it was rough going both games. There are some good photos of Sheff u on the pitch in that game. Ridiculous state of affairs.

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No the Blades one was when they got promoted automatically, it was a meaningless end of season game for us, they brought zillions of fans.

Everton fans came on during one of the FA Cup games we played against them, I think it was the one we lost 0-1 to a free kick, we had Akinbiyi up front...

Twice, they jumped on the pitch both times they've been here, housed in the Atyeo. Nasty people, really nasty away fans. 

I always had it in my mind that Sheff U brought zillions, too - it may have been about 4,000 but there was only 10,000 altogether. Turner & Taylor put them to the sword in a preview of season 89/90. 

23 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

No one linked this yet?

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/largest-league-crowd-for-37-years-guaranteed-3705069.aspx

BRISTOL IS NOT A FOOTBALLING CITY they say.

36,000 tickets sold for completely meaningless lower league football says differently

I think part of the reason Bristol is not considered a footballing city is because despite being one of the biggest cities in the country very rarely does it witness anything other than meaningless lower league football!

36k is a good combined figure under the circumstances, don't get me wrong, but the true footballing cities - Liverpool, Manchester, Glasgow for example - are getting combined crowds between 90-120k each week to watch some of the biggest clubs in the game - clubs that grew out of large working class communities to become that big.  Bristol has never really had that same football heritage.

Although one thing I would say is that Bristol certainly isn't a "rugby town", which I've often heard said!

32 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think part of the reason Bristol is not considered a footballing city is because despite being one of the biggest cities in the country very rarely does it witness anything other than meaningless lower league football!

36k is a good combined figure under the circumstances, don't get me wrong, but the true footballing cities - Liverpool, Manchester, Glasgow for example - are getting combined crowds between 90-120k each week to watch some of the biggest clubs in the game - clubs that grew out of large working class communities to become that big.  Bristol has never really had that same football heritage.

Although one thing I would say is that Bristol certainly isn't a "rugby town", which I've often heard said!

I firmly believe that if Man U Man Citeh Liverpool Everton Newcastle blah blah had been as consistently shite as us over the course of their history, then I would be astonished if they drew crowds any bigger than we do.

Just now, Loon plage said:

I firmly believe that if Man U Man Citeh Liverpool Everton Newcastle blah blah had been as consistently shite as us over the course of their history, then I would be astonished if they drew crowds any bigger than we do.

I agree, but there are historic reasons why they were able to establish themselves as big and successful clubs in the first place.

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Get involved, .........

The last thing we want on here is more people with their opinions init ;)

14 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Agree with your first statement, but IMO.
36k for two teams that have had no real success for decades ain't bad. Give us continued Prem status and League and cup wins and THEN you can make those comparisons. If you look we have a higher average attendance than 8 ex Prem sides, we've not had the chance to build on that success having never tasted it. 
I'm pleasantly surprised with the build up in attendance , which must have a lot to do with the stadium cause it ani't due to a winning team, if we could somehow get it right on the pitch then regular 20+ crowds may not be unusual. In my opinion the reason Bristol isn't considered a football City is solely down to the abject failure of both clubs to stamp their name on the English football world, simple as that, same as your opening line says. I also agree Bristol isn't a Rugby City , but that said come back in two or three years when they're challenging for a cup/title and watch the crowds flock in.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

No one linked this yet?

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/largest-league-crowd-for-37-years-guaranteed-3705069.aspx

BRISTOL IS NOT A FOOTBALLING CITY they say.

36,000 tickets sold for completely meaningless lower league football says differently

Club site says only two games have exceeded 25k, Forest in LC semi in 89, and Walsall play off in '88, since 1980. But the Sheff Utd play off in '88 also topped 25k (25,335).

13 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Am i missing something here?

Club are saying just under 300 left 

I make it

W13 = 16

W14 = 6

W15 = 39

S19 = 1

So 62 left??????

So potentially when we have Villa home next year for example, the Villa will have the entire Atyeo - 4000 seats iirc.

So if we have no segregation and the SAG are all finished and no longer consulted, does that mean 23,000 City tickets available at that Villa game? I know the upper Lansdown is going to be a family section, but with a high demand, will they open the rest of the stand?

Just now, Septic Peg said:

So potentially when we have Villa home next year for example, the Villa will have the entire Atyeo - 4000 seats iirc.

So if we have no segregation and the SAG are all finished and no longer consulted, does that mean 23,000 City tickets available at that Villa game? I know the upper Lansdown is going to be a family section, but with a high demand, will they open the rest of the stand?

Yep, spot on

47 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I agree, but there are historic reasons why they were able to establish themselves as big and successful clubs in the first place.

Bristol was as much an industrial city as any during the first two thirds of the 20th century and solidly working class.

Just had really crap football teams throughout.

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

Bristol was as much an industrial city as any during the first two thirds of the 20th century and solidly working class.

Just had really crap football teams throughout.

Bristol had a bloody good football team in the first decade of the 20th century, the most successful by some distance this part of the country has ever had; we badly need a Wedlock statue or a Wedlock something so that people remember this. Surprised you need reminding, Loon! (Football didn't start in 1976, mate ... :thumbsup:)

39 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Only part of the upper lansdown is family section, with 5000 seats up there I am sure the stand will be open whenever needed.

Archived