IGNORED

Attendance vs Brum - NOW SOLD OUT

JakeOTIB

2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Bristol had a bloody good football team in the first decade of the 20th century, the most successful by some distance this part of the country has ever had; we badly need a Wedlock statue or a Wedlock something so that people remember this. Surprised you need reminding, Loon! (Football didn't start in 1976, mate ... :thumbsup:)

Yes and even then we didn't win anything. We have never won a major trophy and spent almost our entire history in the lower leagues. The lack of success inevitably affects the size of our fan base. 

7 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Great thread/post this! Talking bout a 25,000+ crowd (or 26,000+ if yr really optimistic) (or sub 27,000 if yer cynical).

And to think this is at the end of the season with the worst run of results ever (coincidental with the rebuild, poss).

Imagine if we hadn't had such a shyte 4/6 of the season!

Fair play to City for reducing prices. Fair play to fans for taking up the offer. Come On You Reds! 

is that Red enough for you?

That's very precise :yes:

16 minutes ago, bcfcshorey said:

Wedlock didn't get a new roof?

Wooden seats were replaced in the Dolman though. Plus the Platinum seating.

Yeah, nicked my seat and said I could keep it if I wanted to pay double robbing bar stewards....... bitter me? nah :gaah:

2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Bristol had a bloody good football team in the first decade of the 20th century, the most successful by some distance this part of the country has ever had; we badly need a Wedlock statue or a Wedlock something so that people remember this. Surprised you need reminding, Loon! (Football didn't start in 1976, mate ... :thumbsup:)

Aware of that Jack but even success in the early part of the 20th century was fleeting.

4 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Twice, they jumped on the pitch both times they've been here, housed in the Atyeo. Nasty people, really nasty away fans. 

I always had it in my mind that Sheff U brought zillions, too - it may have been about 4,000 but there was only 10,000 altogether. Turner & Taylor put them to the sword in a preview of season 89/90. 

The Everton fans were in the East End for both cup games I think...but they still made their presence felt!

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Seems we all love an attendance thread....8 pages!

Makes a refreshing change from all the depressing threads on here over the past few months.

A real plus point of the season has been the excellent support the club has received through thick & thin.

53 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Great thread/post this! Talking bout a 25,000+ crowd (or 26,000+ if yr really optimistic) (or sub 27,000 if yer cynical).

And to think this is at the end of the season with the worst run of results ever (coincidental with the rebuild, poss).

Imagine if we hadn't had such a shyte 4/6 of the season!

Fair play to City for reducing prices. Fair play to fans for taking up the offer. Come On You Reds! 

is that Red enough for you?

Great post 

1 minute ago, Dolman Block B said:

Wait until Mr Lansdown gets his own way to pull down the existing Atyeo and replace with one of a capacity of around 8000

That will take us up to 33,000 or so which will be more than adequate 

He will that is wrote in stone

Just time 

Absolutely pointless unless the traffic infrastructure is sorted out in the area. 

1 minute ago, Dolman Block B said:

Wait until Mr Lansdown gets his own way to pull down the existing Atyeo and replace with one of a capacity of around 8000

That will take us up to 33,000 or so which will be more than adequate 

He will that is wrote in stone

Just time 

But with a max attendance of 31,281.7 with segregation, stewards, advertising banners, duff seats...

But, yes, I agree - the Atyeo will eventually back into those houses!

Just now, EnclosureSurge said:

Yr absolutely right, don't know what I was thinking, EE both times. Der!

I've always been impressed with Everton's away following....they took 6,000 to Southampton for a midweek televised game a few years ago...solid support with little to shout about, but they do have a nasty element too...

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

I've always been impressed with Everton's away following....they took 6,000 to Southampton for a midweek televised game a few years ago...solid support with little to shout about, but they do have a nasty element too...

Yep, their home crowds, even when higher mid-table never seem to sink at all. Don't like the club - largely because of those invasions and my Best Man being a Scouse Pool fan - but respect for excellent crowds.

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

That 27,000 will be the physical number of seats in the ground, but, as you say, segregation means the actual number available will never hit that mark. 

Maybe it might for rugby, when there's no segregation? 

Surely next season with just away fans in the Atyeo we ca get nearer to 27k as there wont really bea segregation? ( i expect end blocks of Atyeo to be sectioned off to stop the pwoppa nawty boys getting at home stands ). 

• Admin
10 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Surely next season with just away fans in the Atyeo we ca get nearer to 27k as there wont really bea segregation? ( i expect end blocks of Atyeo to be sectioned off to stop the pwoppa nawty boys getting at home stands ). 

Agree, no need at all for segregation, but sure I read that the front few rows would be covered?? 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Agree, no need at all for segregation, but sure I read that the front few rows would be covered?? 

Really? Do we have people in high positions that try looking for the most stupid things just to justify doing a job.

I know it shouldn't bother me in the slightest but, I find myself wondering why doing this would make somebody happy. I used to have a manager that liked doing these sort of things, he wandered the corridors with a clipboard making notes and called meetings and implemented "Action Plans" which nobody in the team could work out why it was an issue to start with.

The guy doing this at the gate isn't called Bill by any chance is he?

What I would say is that the segregation issue isn't unique to us. If you look at clubs up and down the land there are instances all the time where sellouts are announced yet the attendance is always a few hundred or so off the capacity, even in grounds where the away fans are in their own completely separate stand like ours will be next season. 

3 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Excellent point. It's weird because everywhere, literally, everywhere, the 27,000 figure is bandied about: "...AG redevelopment to a 27,000 capacity..." yet that's misleading. Because of the nature of football, 27,000 can't be achieved, yet it's a figure I have in my head. I'd love to see us, in the Sundays (Harriet Wheeler!), with a 27,000 against our name, but it's always going to be a max of 26,XXX - and that's only if we play someone duff like Rotherham (remember how they gave up some o f their allocation for us in 2007?)

Rugby, yes, it could well attain a full full-house, but for us, no. 

Next season we could get more or less a full house if another side fills the Atyeo.(ie Villa).

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

Unlikely I'd have thought seeing as there is a gert TV in one corner and the crowd control room in the other. Plus 10 or more stewards always congregate in the corners I've noticed.

12 hours ago, Offside said:

Yes there were definitely Sheff Utd fans in the Dolman. I was with my dad and I remember us running along the front of the Dolman by the pitch to get out of the way. My dad found it quite funny from what I remember. There was trouble in Ashton Park after the game as well - I remember a policeman with megaphone warning fans to stay away from that area, which was the cue for lots of City fans to run in that direction to join the fray.

I was in the Dolman that day, Sheff Utd had a massive mob and there was only a few City lads in the Dolman but it was City who started the trouble.

The fighting spread on to the pitch only a couple of fans came from the Eastend to join in. 

Eventually order was restored in the ground, Big Joe came on to the pitch to speak with the City fans , I always remember my mate saying to Joe we want 1st division football and Joe replying that is what he is trying to achieve but fighting on pitch is not helping.

Then outside it all kicked off in the park, not like your shouting and posturing you see today but it proper kicked off.

Archived