IGNORED

Attendance vs Brum - NOW SOLD OUT

JakeOTIB

11 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Clearly here a difference has to be made between the number of seats that physically exist in the stadium and the number that, for any given game, can be made available for sale.

At the SC&T meeting on Wednesday, it was explained by Mark Kelly and Adam Baker that for this game, for instance, there are a number of seats, in addition to the segregation, not able to be sold in the Atyeo. There were also some not put on sale, for safety reasons, at the Atyeo end of the West Stand. Additionally, the seats removed at back of the Dolman for TV/press have not yet all been replaced. Etc., etc. It all adds up.

The fact is, however, that all seats that could be sold for the game, have been sold.

And that underlines, as I mentioned earlier, what an impact fair pricing can have on demand. Something that I hope BS will remember when it comes to future pricing.

That's fair enough but if the figures online are to believed that 1,600 seats we have removed from sale outside of segregation.

Thats an awful lot and even at reduced prices it could be worth up to £24,000...we could pay Tomlin to sit on the bench for an extra week with that (and meet his pie bill too!)

2 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Can't help but think there's a LOT of brummies in amongst the home end.  This is a nothing game for us; its absolutely huge for them.  

As of earlier this week, the club had cancelled the purchase of some 40+ tickets by persons with a Birmingham postcode. Hopefully they are still on the case.

23 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I can't help thinking that some are letting their imaginations run wild over what might happen on Sunday. 

That said, I am surprised that the club didn't announce from the outset that anyone wanting to buy must have a previous booking history. 

Tomlin would be alright then. :whistle2:

31 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

Screen shot taken earlier in the season from the website when M KELLY asked City fans to vote for redevelopment 

IMG_0108.JPG

When did the Dolman get it's first "lower tier"? 95 or 96? That's not worthy of it's own date in the Renovations section? What happened in 2007? Premier seating in the Williams? Tsk.

1 minute ago, awbb said:

When did the Dolman get it's first "lower tier"? 95 or 96? That's not worthy of it's own date in the Renovations section? What happened in 2007? Premier seating in the Williams? Tsk.

thought it went in along side the atyeo

26 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Clearly here a difference has to be made between the number of seats that physically exist in the stadium and the number that, for any given game, can be made available for sale.

At the SC&T meeting on Wednesday, it was explained by Mark Kelly and Adam Baker that for this game, for instance, there are a number of seats, in addition to the segregation, not able to be sold in the Atyeo. There were also some not put on sale, for safety reasons, at the Atyeo end of the West Stand. Additionally, the seats removed at back of the Dolman for TV/press have not yet all been replaced. Etc., etc. It all adds up.

The fact is, however, that all seats that could be sold for the game, have been sold.

And that underlines, as I mentioned earlier, what an impact fair pricing can have on demand. Something that I hope BS will remember when it comes to future pricing.

Blackburn, Rotherham, Hull, Fleetwood. All reduced price games, which didn't sell out. 

I don't think you can put it purely down to price, as excellent average attendances have shown. 

Anyway, anyone that bothered by price can get a ticket at £15 a game, if they commit to a season ticket. 

17 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

As of earlier this week, the club had cancelled the purchase of some 40+ tickets by persons with a Birmingham postcode. Hopefully they are still on the case.

Whats the problem with Brummies being in the home end? I don't see why people get so up tight about it. Yes we have sold out and potentially there are some City fans missing out but its not like they didn't have a chance to get tickets. I'd much rather we sell out and take the extra money from the Birmingham fans than have loads of empty seats. If it was the other way round I'm sure City fans would be in the home end.  

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not so much strange as surprising. This game has a lot more away fans attending than the Blackburn game but even so, we've sold another 1000 or so home tickets. I think it's still surprising to sell out what is little more than an exhibition match for us. The Blackburn game was even cheaper (£10) and had more riding on it.

I think there has also been a snowball effect as it's become clear that it was going to be a big attendance - that in turn has then encouraged more to come. As I said above, a combination of factors.

Also it's a Sunday and some may work or play other sports on a Saturday so are attending this game

7 minutes ago, wesco said:

Whats the problem with Brummies being in the home end? I don't see why people get so up tight about it. Yes we have sold out and potentially there are some City fans missing out but its not like they didn't have a chance to get tickets. I'd much rather we sell out and take the extra money from the Birmingham fans than have loads of empty seats. If it was the other way round I'm sure City fans would be in the home end.  

We even had a thread about 6 months ago we're people were telling their stories about sitting in the home ends at away games and everyone was loving it.

14 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

We even had a thread about 6 months ago we're people were telling their stories about sitting in the home ends at away games and everyone was loving it.

Went to Wycombe some years ago, mate worked for a company there and about 8 of us were in the main stand. Had a nice chat to a guy and his young son, but some of the locals did not like it. City scored and we were lead to the away terrace. People don't like it and there is segregation of a reason. Difference is , we jumped up when we scored, if you sit on your hands during the entire game (which I've also done, just stand when the home team scores) then who's to know.  The rules say , you are not allowed on the home terrace , if you make yourself known you should be ejected.

Even for the local derbies in Germany the rule is no away fans in the home end behind the goal but the rest of the ground is mixed. Fans can cheer if their team scores and there are no problems. Leads to some great banter.

Sadly in England some fans are too narrow minded and take supporting their club to the next level which usually means violence. 

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

I'd like to think that the great support for this game has got something to do with this! He's been an absolute joy to watch this season, and without the lay off with injury and a little bit more composure in front of goal (that's not knocking him :)) he'd be well into the thirty's, which is quite unbelievable for a 19 year olds first taste of Championship football. 

Definitely a factor in my decision to drive from Kent. He's been a joy to watch this season, feel I'd like to be there to show my appreciation. With his ability and positive attitude he has a great future ahead and I wish him all the best

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Phenomenal and slightly bizarre attendance for an almost meaningless fixture for us!  A combination of factors I suppose; cheap tickets, sold out away end, some away fans inevitably in the home end, last day, City in form, potential to relegate the opposition.  It should have a real sense of occasion now - can't wait!

You have to think a lot of City fans play themselves on a Saturday - myself included. So this is a easy option for those to get a ticket with the season over!

12 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

You have to think a lot of City fans play themselves on a Saturday - myself included. So this is a easy option for those to get a ticket with the season over!

This.

Plus, a lot of people watch local football during the season, supporting family members or being part of the local club.  All the local leagues and semi pro leagues have now finished. This means the thousands who support a City but have other football commitments on a weekend can get to this game. 

35 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Anyone else in? Should I send them a message? :facepalm:

6 hours ago, Nick Wilde said:

Says sold out now on Twitter.

I bought the last £16 ticket this morning - genuinely.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Blackburn, Rotherham, Hull, Fleetwood. All reduced price games, which didn't sell out. 

I don't think you can put it purely down to price, as excellent average attendances have shown. 

Anyway, anyone that bothered by price can get a ticket at £15 a game, if they commit to a season ticket. 

It's pretty dubious logic that anyone bothered by price can spend £300-£400 if they want to save money. Clearly those of us without a ST can't go often enough to justify one. Match ticket prices still need to be affordable.

Fair point about the other reduced price games though - I agree that this attendance cannot be attributed wholly to the ticket price.

That said, I worked out what I've spent watching City at home as a non-STH this year.

2 games at £24 (£5 member discount)

2 games at £29 (£5 member discount)

Blackburn game - £10

Hull game - £13

Barnsley game - free adult ticket (with child membership)

Birmingham game - £15

Plus membership at £20.

So, that's a total of £164 for 8 games at £20.50 per game. I think that's decent value.

Claiming "the blues" are taking over Bristol is quite a bold statement, sounds very Gas like, they are bringing under 3k not 15k. Bristol is a big place to "take over", suppose they are similar to the Gas as that they are always in theirs neighbors shadow !!!!!

5 hours ago, wesco said:

How old are you? Genuine question. Interested in a genuine answer.

7 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

I looked at the segregation for the early season games against Newcastle and Villa and reckon it was no more than five seats wide in the Atyeo. That's about 140 seats according to my primitive maths. 

So it's interesting to read where the other unsold seats are.

2 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Us selling out when we've been so shit his season is proof that the ground is currently not big enough for this club if we succeed... The Atyeo needs developing ASAP!

It's the biggest league crowd in nearly 40 years, but the ground isn't big enough for us..?! Ok then. 

36 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's the biggest league crowd in nearly 40 years, but the ground isn't big enough for us..?! Ok then. 

We've been shite for nearly 40 years!!!! 

We've nearly averaged 20,000 this season and its been very poor.. You saying that another 6000 seat is enough if we succeed? very short sighted mate!!!

Archived