IGNORED

Attendance vs Brum - NOW SOLD OUT

JakeOTIB

9 hours ago, wesco said:

Whats the problem with Brummies being in the home end? I don't see why people get so up tight about it. Yes we have sold out and potentially there are some City fans missing out but its not like they didn't have a chance to get tickets. I'd much rather we sell out and take the extra money from the Birmingham fans than have loads of empty seats. If it was the other way round I'm sure City fans would be in the home end.  

Shut up mate; you're boring.

Just now, 'keepuplino' said:

We've been shite for nearly 40 years!!!! 

We've nearly averaged 20,000 this season and its been very poor.. You saying that another 6000 seat is enough if we succeed? very short sighted mate!!!

When Hull and Burnley went up in 08 and 09 , their average rose by 6000ish despite being relegation fodder. Now that they are yoyo I guess the novelty has warn off and gates have dropped.

Being in a city full of prem fans I reckon if we went into the prem our average gates would be into the early 30ks.

7 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

When Hull and Burnley went up in 08 and 09 , their average rose by 6000ish despite being relegation fodder. Now that they are yoyo I guess the novelty has warn off and gates have dropped.

Being in a city full of prem fans I reckon if we went into the prem our average gates would be into the early 30ks.

You would think that with the continued development of our club SL must have something lined up.... 

I think we need to take the attendances before the ground became all seated with a very large pinch of salt.

I remember games against Swindon, gas in the mid to late 80s and the ground was jammed solid. 

2 hours ago, bs3 said:

I think we need to take the attendances before the ground became all seated with a very large pinch of salt.

I remember games against Swindon, gas in the mid to late 80s and the ground was jammed solid. 

There was the famous mass sacking of turnstyle operators due to shenanigans....

15 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

We've been shite for nearly 40 years!!!! 

We've nearly averaged 20,000 this season and its been very poor.. You saying that another 6000 seat is enough if we succeed? very short sighted mate!!!

For some games it won't be. 

We've never averaged more than what our capacity is now. 

Would be a nice problem to have, wouldn't it..! 

Old Trafford isn't big enough. Are Man Utd short sighted, or just restricted by practicality?

20 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

How old are you? Genuine question. Interested in a genuine answer.

I'm not really sure what age has got to do with it?

33 if that makes a difference

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Interesting to note that tomorrow's attendance will be higher than 4 of today's 6 Premier League games (Bournemouth, Burnley, Hull, Swansea).

Absolutely no reason to think this club couldn't establish itself in the top division if it were ever to get there.

Obviously that will depend on which clubs are at home on any given weekend, but yes indeed, also bigger, or on par with Watford, West Brom, Stoke & Palace. 

12 hours ago, MattWSM said:
On 05/05/2017 at 20:29, Spoons said:

Think Birmingham fans might take over Weston super mare .. But not bristol! 

Very quiet last night didn't see any

Quite a few in Ella's opposite the pier very noisy with their songs. About 100

On 5/6/2017 at 17:25, wesco said:

I'm not really sure what age has got to do with it?

33 if that makes a difference

Thank you.

Anyone who went to football regularly in the 70s and 80s would never say something like "Whats the problem with Brummies being in the home end? I don't see why people get so up tight about it". The explanation for such a daft comment had to be your age.    

Several times this season, the club has announced "Ashton Gate is a sellout for this Saturday's game", On Sunday Sky stated Bristol City had their biggest attendance for a League game for 37 years. Going by that less segregation was implemented for Brum than other teams..

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 22:20, HomerRed said:

I looked at the segregation for the early season games against Newcastle and Villa and reckon it was no more than five seats wide in the Atyeo. That's about 140 seats according to my primitive maths. 

For the record; Saturday 15th March 1980 home to Liverpool, 27,187 was that 37 year figure, but a lot of them were standing.

Another comparison with this season. In his programme notes for the final home game of the season (Norwich) Alan Dicks wrote; "For much of the time our football between the two penalty areas has been satisfactory. But we have lacked the killer instinct in front of goal and have been severely punished for errors at the back".

12 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Thank you.

Anyone who went to football regularly in the 70s and 80s would never say something like "Whats the problem with Brummies being in the home end? I don't see why people get so up tight about it". The explanation for such a daft comment had to be your age.    

Move on that was 30 - 40 years ago. If people weren't so stuck in the past when it came to English football the game would be in a much better place.  If those people that caused trouble back in the 70's and 80's are still doing so now then the clubs are not doing their job in protecting fans. 

1 hour ago, wesco said:

Move on that was 30 - 40 years ago. If people weren't so stuck in the past when it came to English football the game would be in a much better place.  If those people that caused trouble back in the 70's and 80's are still doing so now then the clubs are not doing their job in protecting fans. 

I thought the club and the coppers did a very good job overall with this game (only let down the team). Helped by Brum staying up, no doubt.

As for "that was 30 - 40 years ago" I wouldn't visit Molineux, for example, next season wearing City colours in this frame of mind.

Archived