IGNORED

A tale of two managers - LJ bouncing & Cotts respect

Fordy62

8 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Look through every weekly anti-Johnson post and find the same 5-10 names that like the same negative comments made by eachother. Won't be difficult to find.

No thanks, I'm not the one making constant reference to unsubstantiated claims to suit my agenda. That's you. 

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Im never missing. I'm constant in my non backing of LJ. That gives me more credibility than those who turn on a sixpence. 

We are still in the championship 

we can build on this season 

just back the manager and the team after all it's about Bristol city fc

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Except he did, didn't he? 

Did you just decide to read one sentence from the whole paragraph? SC couldn't have done any worse if he had the backing LJ did. The fact I'm comparing the two shows how bad LJ has done, as I don't rate SC at this level either.

Just now, JHAGa said:

Suit yourself. Your choice to turn a blind eye to it.

I'm not turning a blind eye to anything at all. I'm asking you to back up what you say. You obviously can't or won't. Yet you continually say it. 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Might the easier if you mention names and posts when making headline claims. 

What's the point? They'll only come up with excuses or I'll get in trouble for personally attacking people. If you genuinely don't see the same 5-10 posters posting the same negativity every week, even when things are going well, that's your fortune or prerogative to ignore it. My downfall is that I often can't resist replying to their sole focus on negativity and providing a bit more of a balanced view.

Just now, JHAGa said:

What's the point? They'll only come up with excuses or I'll get in trouble for personally attacking people. If you genuinely don't see the same 5-10 posters posting the same negativity every week, even when things are going well, that's your fortune or prerogative to ignore it. My downfall is that I often can't resist replying to their sole focus on negativity and providing a bit more of a balanced view.

I have sympathy. 

I want LJ gone. But criticising the same people endlessly who want the same (normally because they have an "agenda") is just the equal and opposite.

Both sides have very valid points. They should just agree to disagree but put their energy into arguing their case rather then undermining the other. 

Enjoy the difference of opinion. And the banter. 

I've seen over 1000 City games. My opinion may be wrong but is fairly judged. 

Accept people are different. 

7 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I'm really struggling to think of a player cotts signed and is now on they're way to the prem!?

Think if you read the post properly @Fordy62 didn't say he signed players for us that have got to the prem - think he was referring to McGuire , Andre Grey etc

9 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Did you just decide to read one sentence from the whole paragraph? SC couldn't have done any worse if he had the backing LJ did. The fact I'm comparing the two shows how bad LJ has done, as I don't rate SC at this level either.

If the championship has taught us anything it should be that money spent on players and league position bear very little correlation. It's an absolute unknown how well or badly Cotterill would have spent the money Johnson has. 

Also bear in mind that incoming transfers are in no way just down to Lee Johnson. 

36 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Ithink SC is certainly more experienced and I believe, if backed, could have had us fighting for the play-offs. But I wouldn't rule us out of doing that under LJ too.

And there you have it. Johnson has been backed, to an unprecedented extent, and didn't.

Backed with OUR money mind, not just Lansdown's. So we are entitled to our constant tedious opinion.

And I confidently predict that "three windows" Johnson will not have us challenging for the play offs next season either.

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

I have sympathy. 

I want LJ gone. But criticising the same people endlessly who want the same (normally because they have an "agenda") is just the equal and opposite.

Both sides have very valid points. They should just agree to disagree but put their energy into arguing their case rather then undermining the other. 

Enjoy the difference of opinion. And the banter. 

I've seen over 1000 City games. My opinion may be wrong but is fairly judged. 

Accept people are different. 

Hey, the forum was full of people wanting LJ gone for long periods. I myself said he should probably go at times throughout the season. I was delighted to be proven wrong when we went on the run we did to end the campaign.

My problem is with the same minority of names that focus solely on negatives, give no credit for any of the good work and make posts like this which are quite simply clutching at straws and nitpicking.

At no point have I criticised people for having an opinion of wanting Lee to leave. I criticise those that focus on certain things to conveniently suit an argument or repeat the same tedious stuff on a weekly (daily for some) basis to twist everything into a negative.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think if you read the post properly @Fordy62 didn't say he signed players for us that have got to the prem - think he was referring to McGuire , Andre Grey etc

Yes correct, however the transfers we're never agreed otherwise they would have been playing in city shirts. 

Cotts is a great coach, I just think he tried biting more than he could chew in the first transfer window and that screwed us over

Just now, JHAGa said:

Hey, the forum was full of people wanting LJ gone for long periods. I myself said he should probably go at times throughout the season. I was delighted to be proven wrong when we went on the run we did to end the campaign.

My problem is with the same minority of names that focus solely on negatives, give no credit for any of the good work and make posts like this which are quite simply clutching at straws and nitpicking.

At no point have I criticised people for having an opinion of wanting Lee to leave. I criticise those that focus on certain things to conveniently suit an argument or repeat the same tedious stuff on a weekly (daily for some) basis to twist everything into a negative.

My apologies. 

I have a crap memory. Assumed you were one of the chaps endlessly praising Lee and getting cross with those who disagreed. 

Just now, NickJ said:

And there you have it. Johnson has been backed, to an unprecedented extent, and didn't.

Backed with OUR money mind, not just Lansdown's. So we are entitled to our constant tedious opinion.

And I confidently predict that "three windows" Johnson will not have us challenging for the play offs next season either.

Like I said, Johnson had a negative net spend not a war chest behind him. Had we kept Kodjia I'd agree with you but I think our league position would have reflected that better.

I wouldn't think we'd challenge for the play-offs next season. I'd settle for a mid-table finish with no relegation battle. A season without extremes would be nice! Although I wouldn't complain if we were at the right end! ;)

People are welcome to their opinions, as am I to mine. As I posted above, it's those that focus only on negativity that I end up debating with. Nothing personal but it is the same names regularly doing it.

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

I would thank Jonathan Kodjia and Tammy Abraham for 'guiding' us to those positions rather than the manager.

Why do players always get credit when it's good, and managers when its bad? Yet never the other way..... noticed this often in recent years. Wenger is a great example. It's his mistake that Ozil stands on the pitch with his hands on his hips....hmm

Archived