IGNORED

Djuric

Super

I really like him but I wish our players would stop constantly looking for the long ball to him. I know it's his prominent attribute but they don't give time for our players to get close to him so the ball ends up going straight back to the opposition. From what I've seen of him he looks decent on the ball too but , as others have said , he doesn't look like the sort of player to score loads so we need to find someone to play off him.

Just now, WRERE said:

I really like him but I wish our players would stop constantly looking for the long ball to him. I know it's his prominent attribute but they don't give time for our players to get close to him so the ball ends up going straight back to the opposition. From what I've seen of him he looks decent on the ball too but , as others have said , he doesn't look like the sort of player to score loads so we need to find someone to play off him.

As an aside reminded me of another classic moment from yesterday when Gieffer got the ball , looked up and launched it down the pitch towards Tammy

Unfortunately Tammy was literally surrounded by four Birmingham players at the time with no City player within 30 - 40 yards of him 

A whole handful around me and myself all exclaimed 'What the **** is he meant to do with that'

Priceless and sort of summed up yesterday 

1 hour ago, swanker said:

Didn't the fleetwood supporters compare him to Andy Carroll. How  did the song go?

"You're just a shit Andy Carroll. Shit Andy Carroll". Personally I think Andy Carroll is overrated anyway...

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

RedM

I think , if I'm correct you are a lass not a lad

Please take this as a big compliment when I say I read your posts and you IMHO really understand the game and do female supporters proud , as does @Septic Peg who makes her points , often in her unique way and regularly makes me laugh

Always seem to be likeing your posts and enjoy your take on things

Good on ya 

:thumbsup:

Awww. Shucks! Cheers me dear!

You are correct btw, @RedM is indeed a fellow lady.

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Please don't Major

:blink:

I get in enough trouble as it is !!

:bruce_h4h:

;)

Put it this way , think I'd enjoy chewing over the afternoons football with a pint with those mentioned , than some , whatever gender they may be 

Holding you to that. Me, you and @RedM putting the football world to rights! :drunk2:

Just now, Septic Peg said:

"You're just a shit Andy Carroll. Shit Andy Carroll". Personally I think Andy Carroll is overrated anyway...

Holding you to that. Me, you and @RedM putting the football world to rights! :drunk2:

Now , why do I think I'd lose !!! 

:laughcont:

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

RedM

I think , if I'm correct you are a lass not a lad

Please take this as a big compliment when I say I read your posts and you IMHO really understand the game and do female supporters proud , as does @Septic Peg who makes her points , often in her unique way and regularly makes me laugh

Always seem to be likeing your posts and enjoy your take on things

Good on ya 

:thumbsup:

That's very kind of you to say. I'm sure there a a few more on here apart from the obvious ones, but they tend to hide. It's a bit scary breaking into such a male dominated world and wanting to be taken seriously ( well sometimes!) as a fan never mind a female one. We all want the same thing for our club after all.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

That's very kind of you to say. I'm sure there a a few more on here apart from the obvious ones, but they tend to hide. It's a bit scary breaking into such a male dominated world and wanting to be taken seriously ( well sometimes!) as a fan never mind a female one. We all want the same thing for our club after all.

It never crossed my mind that anyone on here would want to be taken seriously .

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

Hello, doesnt matter if you are a man or o woman. City supporter and love to football is what counts. Coyr!!!

49 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

You think Andy Carroll is overrated. That's funny because the fleetwood supporters did as well. 

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

I've never been a fan of target men. Does anyone remember Steve Torpey.......:shocking:

That said I did like Dele Adebola. He was more than just a target man. Very powerful and useful on the ground,  Shame he was in the twilight of his career when we signed him.

I remember Steve Torpey. Never rated him. Could see why he was nicknamed 'Torpid'!

Djuic is a great player. Wins every long ball that goes anywhere near him... we need to be careful that we don't just use him as a long ball hold up type as he's capable of more... don't think he'll get more than 12 goals a season tho...

Just now, Judda said:

Djuic is a great player. Wins every long ball that goes anywhere near him... we need to be careful that we don't just use him as a long ball hold up type as he's capable of more... don't think he'll get more than 12 goals a season tho...

Well put, he's not a natural goal scorer. His job is to hold the ball up and bring players into the game. Plus use his height to our advantage. I think he has a lot of promise from what I've seen of him already. 

Alrhough people have to understand he's not going to get you 20 goals a season! 10-12 at most. 

6 hours ago, RedM said:

I fully agree yesterday he was on a highway to nowhere with that Ref and those tactics by the Brum players, but I was writing more generally about him. I do think his injury came at a time which hasn't helped him though.

My concern is that we are very unlikely to get another Tammy, let's face it it's not often players like that come along, and or strike force is Duric, Wilbraham and Taylor at the moment, oh and a young Swede and a couple of others successful elsewhere at at lower level. If Duric is being ramped up to be the main man I am concerned, not only whether he can do it but also with the style of lump it football, I'm  more than happy to be proved wrong though this time next year. 

@RedM as you are Lass and I am a Lad can you explain the offside Rule too me because I really don't have a clue any more?

13 hours ago, Top Robin said:

He reminds me a bit of Peter Crouch.

People often don't rate lanky players up front because they tend to look ungainly.

Even when he was playing well Crouchy still looked awkward but was really effective.

If we can develop Djuric into a sort of Peter Crouch type of player then I for one would be more than happy.

As a 6,4 tall lanky ungainly player myself who plays up front I like djuric but we don't cross the ball enough to actually benefit having him. Djuric will hopefully get better with a sustained place in the team. 

9 hours ago, reddoh said:

@RedM as you are Lass and I am a Lad can you explain the offside Rule too me because I really don't have a clue any more?

I shouldn't worry about it, judging by the officials on Sunday we aren't really applying the rules anymore. Hope this helps. 

12 hours ago, Shtanley said:

He's definitely not here to be our main striker. Him Engvall Taylor and a new signing imo. 

And how many realistically do you see the 3 already with us scoring?

When Tammy was injured I said those 3 might get 5 between them, they managed 3...

Duric is a very good target man , he links play up well ,wins everything in the air, decent touch for a big man and likes the physical side as in evidence against Bamba, but we need the right players to give him the service that he thrives on , O Dowda will hopefully be one of those players able to get down the wing and whip the ball across but I do feel like we need someone with pace on the other wing and upfront alongside Duric . 

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

And how many realistically do you see the 3 already with us scoring?

When Tammy was injured I said those 3 might get 5 between them, they managed 3...

Next season I'll say roughly a dozen between them. 

10 minutes ago, Super said:

No pressure on the Tammy replacement then......

It's unrealistic to talk about a Tammy replacement.  We need the whole team to score more goals, we were far too reliant on Tammy last season, a more rounded approach is needed.  Midfield certainly should chip in more.  Tammy is an exception, a wonderful player but not what we can expect every season.

15 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

It's unrealistic to talk about a Tammy replacement.  We need the whole team to score more goals, we were far too reliant on Tammy last season, a more rounded approach is needed.  Midfield certainly should chip in more.  Tammy is an exception, a wonderful player but not what we can expect every season.

That's been the case for us for quite a while. It seems nearly every season we get the Golden Boot award for one of our strikers, or very close to winning it. They then leave and we go again. We don't have many goals at all from other areas. All our eggs are in one basket and its a huge gamble. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

That's been the case for us for quite a while. It seems nearly every season we get the Golden Boot award for one of our strikers, or very close to winning it. They then leave and we go again. We don't have many goals at all from other areas. All our eggs are in one basket and its a huge gamble. 

What you're saying is we need more baskets .

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

Pack and Smith are never going to score many goals in a season.

18 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What you're saying is we need more baskets .

Well, for part of the season we were a basket case.

P.S. In the season we got to the play off final at Wembley how many did our top scorer score? Need to get more goal scorers all over the pitch.

21 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

@RedM is a "fellow lady"? Hmmm, is that what @spudski (amongst others) calls a fella?

On 5/8/2017 at 08:49, JBFC II said:

It's a problem because he's a top top target man, probably one of the best we've ever had, he wins every single header but if we are going to be launching it to him then we need someone quick to run off him for flick ons etc which we didn't have yesterday

You mean somebody like Matty Taylor, who he replaced....

Archived