IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou [Merged] And now signed!!!

Edge1981

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'd say that isnt a bad ratio, at the same rate he'd be getting about 12 goals in a season here, and (correct me if I am wrong) I dont think Ligue 1 is a particularly high scoring division.

Bearing in mind Angers' promotion in 2015 put them into Ligue 1 for the first time in over 2 decades, so they arent a big side at their level, and a few posts on their forum suggest they played a counter attacking style, which naturally produces less chances (again, if I have that wrong am happy to be corrected)

You are sort of right about the ratio here in ligue 1 in France, to be honest 4 more goals and I wouldn't have even mentioned it, my point is Waris who is a striker at Lorient (my local team) scored 9 and they were relegated and IMHO he is total and utter dog shit. However Angers only scored a total of 40 league goals anyway.

Your 2nd paragraph is spot on Angers, Caen, Lorient, Guingamp, Dijon and Metz and several others play mainly a busy closing down chasing type of counter attacking game, relying on very young hungry and pacy mainly African front men, it's the only way for smaller clubs to survive.

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You are sort of right about the ratio here in ligue 1 in France, to be honest 4 more goals and I wouldn't have even mentioned it, my point is Waris who is a striker at Lorient (my local team) scored 9 and they were relegated and IMHO he is total and utter dog shit.

Your 2nd paragraph is spot on Angers, Caen, Lorient, Guingamp, Dijon and Metz and several others play mainly a busy closing down chasing type of counter attacking game, relying on very young hungry and pacy mainly African front men, it's the only way for smaller clubs to survive.

I will happily admit my knowledge of French football is very limited, but IMO the top division is far, far weaker than at the turn of the century.

Back then there were lots of strong teams; Bordeaux, Monaco, Lille, Lyon, Marsielle and Auxerre.

Now it seems to just be PSG with Monaco challenging every now and then, with a gulf in quality between them and the bottom clubs

Some tweets coming out of Angers this evening:

• There is a good chance that he will leave Angers. We are moving forward with Bristol City
  • We had a moral agreement with Famara. I think Bristol City is a destination for him
  • In any case, he wanted to go to England

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

I will happily admit my knowledge of French football is very limited, but IMO the top division is far, far weaker than at the turn of the century.

Back then there were lots of strong teams; Bordeaux, Monaco, Lille, Lyon, Marsielle and Auxerre.

Now it seems to just be PSG with Monaco challenging every now and then, with a gulf in quality between them and the bottom clubs

Yep correct again, add Lyon, Nice and Marseille when they can be arsed.

Even Ballotelli scored 15 in 23 games for Nice, in a season including injury and at least 2 bans.

3 hours ago, Saunders87 said:

I'll be more clear next time sorry - tbf I was excited that he wasn't there and posted in haste 

It was pretty obvious.  1) City not back in training yet, pretty well communicated on here it's later this week 2) our training ground is nothing like it 3) not our training colours 4) no recognisable players (unless you're an Angers fan) 5) why would he be missing our OUR training etc.  I don't think you need to apologise.

2 hours ago, Flint says No said:

I don't think Diedhiou and Kodjia were at Angers at the same time

They weren't.  There was a season gap.

20 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

One thing you notice from watching highlights of Angers games or clips on wyscout is that whenever the team or he misses a chance FD is always completely distraught. On his knees throwing his arms in the air. He clearly has a strong drive to win. 

Kodjia was similar.

18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Tammy does that too. It tells you a lot about a player I think.

Yes, just hope he isn't doing it that often!

Like Eros, I think this is done.

Just now, Davefevs said:

It was pretty obvious.  1) City not back in training yet, pretty well communicated on here it's later this week 2) our training ground is nothing like it 3) not our training colours 4) no recognisable players (unless you're an Angers fan) 5) why would he be missing our OUR training etc.  I don't think you need to apologise.

They weren't.  There was a season gap.

Kodjia was similar.

Yes, just hope he isn't doing it that often!

Like Eros, I think this is done.

Didnt LJ suggest 2-3 will be signed before the 30th?

Certainly makes sense for both or all three to be fully finalised before making the announcement and just holding one press conference.

10 minutes ago, bigbash said:

Some tweets coming out of Angers this evening:

• There is a good chance that he will leave Angers. We are moving forward with Bristol City
  • We had a moral agreement with Famara. I think Bristol City is a destination for him
  • In any case, he wanted to go to England

Do you have a link to these?

Didn't see anything when I scanned the Angers twitter.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Do you have a link to these?

Didn't see anything when I scanned the Angers twitter.

It's their fan page quoting the Director of the club

Translares as "Pickeu on Diedhiou (Angers SCO): "there are chances that he leave Angers. We are moving forward with Bristol City""

1 minute ago, bigbash said:

https://twitter.com/IncroyableSCO?lang=en-gb

You'll have to translate, seems as if someone is tweeting an interview with club officials.

Just now, P'head Red said:

It's their fan page quoting the Director of the club

Translares as "Pickeu on Diedhiou (Angers SCO): "there are chances that he leave Angers. We are moving forward with Bristol City""

Ta

Just now, brizzlelou said:

Anybody got a link to that 'things footballers look for in a new club' that was posted earlier? Really interested in what it is. Seems to have been deleted along with all other hitler/holocaust posts. 

Was a joke link, went to an Alan Partridge clip on YouTube

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Cheers pal - to be honest the apologise was partly in sarcasm for the reasons you have mentioned. 

Just now, Davefevs said:

My Google (Bristolian version - it asked for my location :P) translates as:

Pickeu on Diedhiou (Angers SCO): 'we had a moral agreement with Famara. I think that Bristol City is a destination for him"

I had the same translation.

Another tweet says "Famara always wanted to play in England"

16 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Any idea why we don't form some sort of partnership with Angers?

Probably because we've only ever bought one player off them & considering that they are in their top division & we aren't, they probably wouldn't want to officially be known to be letting their talent go to a team in a lower division, technically.

How happy would you be to know that we were happy for any talent we had to join MK Dons on a regular basis?

Being free to sale to whoever wants to bid means there is more chance of getting more money as well, I would say.

But saying that, if this deal does go through & we do everything above board & keep Angers happy, there's no reason why it can't harness good relations & help with any future deals (if there are any).

Full comments on Diédhiou:

"There is a good chance he is leaving Angers. We are moving forward with Bristol City.

In order not to hide anything from you, I was still preparing the doc for his future transfer

He was asked to Christmas, we wanted fervently to keep it and he responded

We had a moral agreement with Famara. I think Bristol City is a destination for him

In any case, he wanted to go to England

As long as Famara did not officially sign his contract, it will be complicated for me to talk about the other player"

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My Google (Bristolian version - it asked for my location :P) translates as:

Pickeu on Diedhiou (Angers SCO): 'we had a moral agreement with Famara. I think that Bristol City is a destination for him"

My Bristolian version of Bing translates it as:

Pickeu on Diedhiou (Angers SCO): "Weem got a bit of a dilemmal with that Famaral bloke. I thinks that he's gunno go to Bristol City inee? "

Some comments earlier on this thread saying that FD only scored 8 goals last season, whereas Kodjia scored 'loads'.

Bear in mind that FB's goals were scored in the top French division for a newly promoted team who were not league leaders, whereas Kodjia's were in the French second division, for the league leaders.

In addition, the standard of football in the French second division is far inferior to our second division.

14 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

My Bristolian version of Bing translates it as:

Pickeu on Diedhiou (Angers SCO): "Weem got a bit of a dilemmal with that Famaral bloke. I thinks that he's gunno go to Bristol City inee? "

You need to upgrade them Bing Bristolian Translatol my babber.

25 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Probably because we've only ever bought one player off them & considering that they are in their top division & we aren't, they probably wouldn't want to officially be known to be letting their talent go to a team in a lower division, technically.

How happy would you be to know that we were happy for any talent we had to join MK Dons on a regular basis?

Being free to sale to whoever wants to bid means there is more chance of getting more money as well, I would say.

But saying that, if this deal does go through & we do everything above board & keep Angers happy, there's no reason why it can't harness good relations & help with any future deals (if there are any).

You make some good points there.

But the MK Dons part is a false equivalency because of the drop in quality between the top of Ligue 1 and the bottom of it, whereas there isnt a big difference between the top and bottom of the Championship and not much of a difference between the bottom of the Championship and the top of League 1.

A better example would be if we were selling to a 3rd division Italian side, though even thag doesn't work that well because English league is the only one with the level of depth in the professional game.

27 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You make some good points there.

But the MK Dons part is a false equivalency because of the drop in quality between the top of Ligue 1 and the bottom of it, whereas there isnt a big difference between the top and bottom of the Championship and not much of a difference between the bottom of the Championship and the top of League 1.

A better example would be if we were selling to a 3rd division Italian side, though even thag doesn't work that well because English league is the only one with the level of depth in the professional game.

So you'd be okay with us selling our 'prized assets' to MK Dons in League One, would you? Because I wouldn't, I'd want to know where our ambition was & why we were selling our 'prized assets' to a club in a lower division!

Do you remember the abuse SL got for selling JK to our divisional rival? And how many people have said that if Flint is to leave, then they'd only let him go to a Premier League club?

If we allowed Brownhill, O'Dowda, Flint, Smith or even the lowly rated Bryan go to MK Dons (or any other League One club), this place would be in melt down, irrelevant of how many millions we would make on the deals because we would of sold to a team at a lower standard than ours!

I'm not going to quote the last 20 posts, but needless to say that you're all massive whoppers.

Can we not enjoy anything, ever?

Thank **** this forum doesn't represent the true fanbase, cos if it did we'd still be getting 7,500 at home games.

Archived