IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou [Merged] And now signed!!!

Edge1981

17 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I don't recognise many players and, in any case, I didn't think training started until next week.

That's because that's the Angers squad (I believe), the original poster of the picture wasn't very clear when stating what squad FD wasn't training with.

6 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

I thought it was apparent when it is wasn't BCFC and FD plays for Angers SCO...

I think the majority of people were expecting to see City players training with FD missing but had to have a closer look before realising that none of those players were City ones.

Had you put Angers players at training & no FD it would have instantly made things apparent.

But not an issue for me as I looked closer & realised.

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I think the majority of people were expecting to see City players training with FD missing but had to have a closer look before realising that none of those players were City ones.

Had you put Angers players at training & no FD it would have instantly made things apparent.

I'll be more clear next time sorry - tbf I was excited that he wasn't there and posted in haste 

5 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

I'll be more clear next time sorry - tbf I was excited that he wasn't there and posted in haste 

Not an issue mate, it's just by some of the responses you've had to the picture, some people haven't realised who the picture is of & I was just trying to help them realise.

2 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Not that bothered about Norwich & Wolves apparent interest as I'm sure Kodjia would sing our praises and recommend us as a great platform, stepping stone in which to reach the peak of English football (probably not with us).

I don't think Diedhiou and Kodjia were at Angers at the same time

3 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

I don't think Diedhiou and Kodjia were at Angers at the same time

I bet Angers are singing our praises though!

20 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

That was certainly what I thought.

I looked at the squad :blink:, the training ground - that's not Failand, and then the squad again and just thought I don't recognise a single player.

It's all clear now and perhaps of some comfort that I can't pick out FD.

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

If you find the thread mundane you could always stay off it. What a incredibly difficult thought process that was!

I came onto the thread to read the stuff about our potential signing, imagine that, a thread about Diehdiou being about Diehdiou (or one about Pisano being about Pisano).

It's not as if there are 2 seperate jokes threads in non-football chat.... Oh wait a minute, there are.

I don't have any objection to jokes here and there, thats part of what makes the forum what it is, but desperate attempts to force them at any opportunity.

That's the main reason I voted to have a transfer sub forum rather than one huge thread every summer. The thread would grow buy 10 pages a day and 8 pages of that would be the same jokes brought out every summer (Curbishley, Avon Gorge, etc) or would be crap puns often with many of them being repeated a page later. And given that most years there was a ranty post or two about it, by various posters, usually got a fair amount of support, I'd imagine I'm not alone in having that reason for doing so.

I only pointed out that you inadvertently replied to a joke thinking it was a serious comment (Lahm....mint) - sincere apologies....wish I hadn't bothered....

17 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Back on topic though Phil. Are you actually based in France? If so have you any background on this mucker? 

I am based in France, but have no background info on FD or on his supposedly imminent transfer, other than the various media quotes that have been posted here.

@Esmond Million's Bung is your man for background info on French football, especially Angers who play not that far from where he lives.

12 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Think at this moment we are more attractive than Wolves and Fulham.

How come?

Fulham a London based club who made playoffs and had a fantastic end to the season. Wolves are supposedly loaded now like most teams in this league.They have also both played in the premier league for most of Famaras childhood whereas we have never been.

As much as I would like to say we are more attractive, I cant see that we are but we aren't far away. If all three clubs offered the exact same terms my guess would be Fulham. The only thing we have over Wolves and Fulham is that Kodjia and Tammy both progressed into better footballers here.

25 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am based in France, but have no background info on FD or on his supposedly imminent transfer, other than the various media quotes that have been posted here.

@Esmond Million's Bung is your man for background info on French football, especially Angers who play not that far from where he lives.

All I can add is I watched several Angers games live on French TV and he is certainly a handful, defenders will know they have been in a game, I don't necessarily see him as a top scorer but he should create a lot, his record last season wasn't great 8 goals in 31 games.

I got the impression from reading Angers forums they see him as eventually better than Kodjia and to be honest there is a feeling of surprise that he has only been picked up by a championship side and not a fancied championship side. They believe he is better than that.

One very interesting thing I found out recently about him is in late March this year a local Angers newspaper carried a story that during the January window he turned down the opportunity to join a big Chinese club earning 10 times his Angers salary, I don't know about anybody else but I believe that to be good thing when it comes to ambition. The fee was the same 6million euros.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

One very interesting thing I found out recently about him is in late March this year a local Angers newspaper carried a story that during the January window he turned down the opportunity to join a big Chinese club earning 10 times his Angers salary, I don't know about anybody else but I believe that to be good thing when it comes to ambition. The fee was the same 6million euros.

One thing you notice from watching highlights of Angers games or clips on wyscout is that whenever the team or he misses a chance FD is always completely distraught. On his knees throwing his arms in the air. He clearly has a strong drive to win. 

Just now, Shtanley said:

One thing you notice from watching highlights of Angers games or clips on wyscout is that whenever the team or he misses a chance FD is always completely distraught. On his knees throwing his arms in the air. He clearly has a strong drive to win. 

Tammy does that too. It tells you a lot about a player I think.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

All I can add is I watched several Angers games live on French TV and he is certainly a handful, defenders will know they have been in a game, I don't necessarily see him as a top scorer but he should create a lot, his record last season wasn't great 8 goals in 31 games.

I got the impression from reading Angers forums they see him as eventually better than Kodjia and to be honest there is a feeling of surprise that he has only been picked up by a championship side and not a fancied championship side. They believe he is better than that.

I'd say that isnt a bad ratio, at the same rate he'd be getting about 12 goals in a season here, and (correct me if I am wrong) I dont think Ligue 1 is a particularly high scoring division.

Bearing in mind Angers' promotion in 2015 put them into Ligue 1 for the first time in over 2 decades, so they arent a big side at their level, and a few posts on their forum suggest they played a counter attacking style, which naturally produces less chances (again, if I have that wrong am happy to be corrected)

Just now, Shtanley said:

Yes I think the fans will love his passion and certainly not frightened to put his foot in, 6 bookings.

To be honest if I was making a judgement call, I would class him a young Wilbraham type with pace, a player that as many at AG found out is better footballer/striker than his stats give credit for.

Archived