IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou [Merged] And now signed!!!

Edge1981

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wow.....how dare some people on here try to inject a bit of humour into otherwise mundane threads in an attempt to generate a few smiles in what is a pretty dismal world at the moment?!

As you were though, carry on with your preference for constant serious responses and posts, devoid of any sparkle, colour or fun...

Happy Monday!

If you find the thread mundane you could always stay off it. What a incredibly difficult thought process that was!

I came onto the thread to read the stuff about our potential signing, imagine that, a thread about Diehdiou being about Diehdiou (or one about Pisano being about Pisano).

It's not as if there are 2 seperate jokes threads in non-football chat.... Oh wait a minute, there are.

I don't have any objection to jokes here and there, thats part of what makes the forum what it is, but desperate attempts to force them at any opportunity.

That's the main reason I voted to have a transfer sub forum rather than one huge thread every summer. The thread would grow buy 10 pages a day and 8 pages of that would be the same jokes brought out every summer (Curbishley, Avon Gorge, etc) or would be crap puns often with many of them being repeated a page later. And given that most years there was a ranty post or two about it, by various posters, usually got a fair amount of support, I'd imagine I'm not alone in having that reason for doing so.

30 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If you find the thread mundane you could always stay off it. What a incredibly difficult thought process that was!

I came onto the thread to read the stuff about our potential signing, imagine that, a thread about Diehdiou being about Diehdiou (or one about Pisano being about Pisano).

It's not as if there are 2 seperate jokes threads in non-football chat.... Oh wait a minute, there are.

I don't have any objection to jokes here and there, thats part of what makes the forum what it is, but desperate attempts to force them at any opportunity.

That's the main reason I voted to have a transfer sub forum rather than one huge thread every summer. The thread would grow buy 10 pages a day and 8 pages of that would be the same jokes brought out every summer (Curbishley, Avon Gorge, etc) or would be crap puns often with many of them being repeated a page later. And given that most years there was a ranty post or two about it, by various posters, usually got a fair amount of support, I'd imagine I'm not alone in having that reason for doing so.

After reading this I could lose the will!...

He has a good value on transfermarkt better than Kodja when he came, and he is strong and some player that we really need to build our attacks. 

Looking forward to become official but I hope it won't cost 5.5m it's too much.

Wanted by Fulham and Wolves, which probably has been mentioned in an earlier thread. So says the Post. Let's hope we win this one. Looks like a great potential signing. But I will die a thousand deaths waiting to see if we get him and checking the forum every spare moment.

28 minutes ago, redandy1 said:

Wanted by Fulham and Wolves, which probably has been mentioned in an earlier thread. So says the Post. Let's hope we win this one. Looks like a great potential signing. But I will die a thousand deaths waiting to see if we get him and checking the forum every spare moment.

If those two clubs really are interested I can't see us winning his signature. :shifty:

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

If those two clubs really are interested I can't see us winning his signature. :shifty:

Was it not that we were one of a number of clubs interested a while back, I'm sure that someone has brought this up recently. And that we have continued that interest, not sure if the other Two have dropped out.

21 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

This is really no help at all

https://www.howtopronounce.com/diedhiou/

For even less help try here

http://www.pronouncekiwi.com/Famara Diedhiou

HNTH

I was trying to find a YouTube video with commentary on a game in which he scored, so I could hear them pronounce it. Found one eventually, hard to hear it clearly, sounds like it's pronounced Die Jew... not sure we want to be signing that to loudly in the stands

Just now, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

I was trying to find a YouTube video with commentary on a game in which he scored, so I could hear them pronounce it. Found one eventually, hard to hear it clearly, sounds like it's pronounced Die Jew... not sure we want to be signing that to loudly in the stands

upon constantly replying the part where he says the name, I cant hear die jew any more... sounds more like Gee Ju

7 minutes ago, Marty said:

Was it not that we were one of a number of clubs interested a while back, I'm sure that someone has brought this up recently. And that we have continued that interest, not sure if the other Two have dropped out.

I would be really surprised if we didn't sign this guy. Too much speculation from different news sources on him joining.

Archived