IGNORED

Music pre-kick off

JakeOTIB

Leeds United play 'Marching on Together' at Elland Road and Chelsea and WBA play 'Liquidator'. I just wondered if anybody would like City doing it because it kind of gets the crowd going a little bit from what I've seen. Also if we did do it, what would we play? I know we sing our usual "Cooooome on you reeeeeds" before but just wondered what everyone thought about it.

In a perfect world... Oasis - Columbia. Honestly though I'd rather not have music at all before the game, prevents any atmosphere from building. I'm not buzzing for the game after hearing 7 generic pop tunes and only one I've ever heard of.

I think it's more a case of what can be done to build the atmosphere leading up to kick off as people are taking their seats.

I went to Burnley in the Fa Cup last season and even though it was only a small crowd I was impressed with the way they used their screens to show memorable goals to a background of music to whip up the crowd. With slogans such as "WE ARE BURNLEY" and "COME ON YOU CLARETS".

My description really doesn't do it justice but can imagine something similar down the gate with some memorable goals (Tinnion at Anfield, JET vs the gas, Tomlins special against Huddersfield) set to some dramatic music to get the juices flowing.

Just now, Robbored said:

Not again!...............:facepalm:

This thread comes up every silly season.

I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!

EDIT (who changed the z's to this in the filter :laughcont::laughcont:)

Just now, sglosbcfc said:

The Wurzels, end of argument. They should play more of their catalogue though, not just one for the Bristol City and Drink up thy zider.

Would like to hear Farmer Bill's Cowman actually. Or the Shepton Mallet Matador. Proper tunes them like.

What ever we have it must be better than some of the rubbish we had in the past. In the 60s there were occasionally live local groups before the match including Pete Budd and the Rebels. Dire. (Pete Budd moved on to join Adge Cutler and is now a Wurzel)

9 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!

EDIT (who changed the z's to this in the filter :laughcont::laughcont:)

The mods because of some posters using zeds as a sign of boredom........z z z z z z.    

1 hour ago, JakeOTIB said:

Haven't been on OTIB long enough to see them 

Didn't you get the email? As newbies it is our bounden duty to read every post title written since 2001 before we post anything in order to ensure that the calcified dinosaurs with 20,000 posts and more are not troubled by any repetition. 

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Would like to hear Farmer Bill's Cowman actually. Or the Shepton Mallet Matador. Proper tunes them like.

Given our current state of flux I think the Adge classic When the Common Market Comes to Stanton Drew would be in order. Anybody who has heard of neither the song or the place go immediately to the back of the class. 

dotty.gif

Folks say nowadays we've got to change our ways,
The papers say so, so I s'pose 'tis true,
We've got to take a chance, with Germany and France,
And live like all they foreign people do.
Now, I wonder if they'll build the Eiffel Tower on 'arptree 'ill,
Put gondolas down on the River Chew,
Shall us all drive on the right, and drink up all the night-
When the Common Market comes to Stanton Drew?

8 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

Didn't you get the email? As newbies it is our bounden duty to read every post title written since 2001 before we post anything in order to ensure that the calcified dinosaurs with 20,000 posts and more are not troubled by any repetition. 

In addition, you haven't become a fully fledged member until @Robbored has replied to one of your posts with "I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!"

Edit - Of course I didn't say "I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post". What I actually said was  a word consisting of the 26th letter of the alphabet repeated 6 times. Filtered out of course 

13 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

During the silly season very few news threads are original.

So far this silly season we've not had the "which stand are you in?" yet thankfully.

Just now, Robbored said:

So far this silly season we've not had the "which stand are you in?" yet thankfully.

Always did mean to ask: what's your favourite bowling lawn?  Do you call it that or a 'green'?

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If it gets really quiet I will happily oblige, being a former East Ender herded into the Williams, then the Atyeo and now the South Stand, facetiousness is second nature.  

5 hours ago, sephjnr said:

This thread comes up at least three times a year, and the correct answer is always this, but nobody wants to listen!

This takes me back a few years!

I was teaching drum lessons to a very quiet and polite young girl a fair few years ago and  I asked her what she'd be interested in learning as the next step in developing her drumming skills. A Pantera track she replied. Needless to say I became very well acquainted with the above track!

11 hours ago, JakeOTIB said:

Leeds United play 'Marching on Together' at Elland Road and Chelsea and WBA play 'Liquidator'. I just wondered if anybody would like City doing it because it kind of gets the crowd going a little bit from what I've seen. Also if we did do it, what would we play? I know we sing our usual "Cooooome on you reeeeeds" before but just wondered what everyone thought about it.

I don't like our music at games. It's an entirely subjective thing so probably plenty think the opposite to me. I find it all a bit uninspiring and personally I find songs like that Elbow track we used to play and the 'flying home' one after half time rather pretentious for football.

In my opinion it's pretty easy to create a mixed playlist of some popular older rock music from the 60s-80s, then some 90s bands like Oasis and Blur.. some more modern bands like Muse and Kasabian.. some dance tracks to build the tempo like Faithless, Fatboy Slim, Pendulum and of course some Wurzels.

Would be something for everyone and build the right mood. There's no need to have random pop songs at half time like Little Mix and Olly Murs - always found that a bit odd considering the demographic.

6 hours ago, allyolly said:

This takes me back a few years!

I was teaching drum lessons to a very quiet and polite young girl a fair few years ago and  I asked her what she'd be interested in learning as the next step in developing her drumming skills. A Pantera track she replied. Needless to say I became very well acquainted with the above track!

Looks like we've found our new South Stand drummer @Mkelly. Someone with obvious experience!

Archived