IGNORED

England v Slovakia Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

53 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Rashford doesn't scare anyone.  He's a kid.  Vardy's a different prospect.  Centre halves hate playing against him.  Our team is inexperienced and wet. We need a bit of mongrel on the pitch..

That was a load of b*****.    Fair play to Rashford, he's showed what he's made of today. 

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

It's not going to be a popular point of view, but I think Henderson's played well tonight.  He's no Andrea Pirlo but does try to play quick balls. He's found the likes of Alli and Rashford well in the second half. 

Played well 2nd half.

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

My helpful tip to all those thinking of starting or extending their family.

Ensure a successful pregnancy this week, the likelihood is you will have paternity leave during the World Cup.

No thanks necessary.

At least the World Cup will be much like the conception. Charge in all guns blazing but end up bowing out early in a cloud of disappointment and embarrassment. 

That was not pretty to watch was it? Markings out of ten-

Hart 5.      

Walker 6 Cahill 6 Jones 6 Bertrand 6

Oxley-Chamberlain 6 Dier 5. Henderson 6

Ali 5 Kane 6 Rashford 7

Subs. Sterling 4. Welbeck 4

Sorry but Dier is dreadfully slow but took his goal well. Henderson is a plodder who tries. Both knowhere near international class. Ali was poor. Could not control the ball and was little threat. Rashford was silly losing the ball in that position but there were 4 defenders around the ball who stood still whilst their player made his run. None of them covered the run and what the hell was Walker doing charging forward. Vardy should have been brought on. Him and Rashford give the pace needed to get beyond their defenders and push them back. But we managed to scrape home. So dull to watch particularly the first half. Makes City look like Barcelona. 

15 minutes ago, Neo said:

Whats the view on the Ox? Over-rated in my view - very strong but delivery is seriously poor

He mostly played Rugby as a kid and it shows, so often he goes charging forward and is hard to stop but his football brain isn't good enough. No idea how he's starting for England. Will be a squad player at Liverpool I think.

Rashford was our best player tonight, made a mistake early (though Walker and Hart did worse IMO) but made up for it by playing without fear and actually wanting to cause a problem every time he has the ball. Alli's movement for someone of his age is unbelievable too. We're howling for a top centre midfielder though, don't think Henderson and Dier as a two will get us far

Archived