SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

47 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Absolutely taking the piss.

Standing section and South Stand  - no increase 

Kids to stay in existing seats with friends and family in Dolman - doubled 

Plus withdrawn after "consultation"

Loyalty scheme - mentioned in passing but no details whatsoever 

The usual comparison when something is good is "If Carlsberg did season tickets. . ." 

This must've been thought up by ****ing Strongbow!!!!! 

Standing section had a £50 rise last time so sort of right not to have another hike this season 

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I agree, but there’s always going to be cheap options and more expensive options. No one is making anyone sit in the centre of the side stands - there are tickets for all budgets to be fair. 

I would be not happy to be priced out of where I sit but there are multiple different price bands available was my point, with the cheapest actually being less expensive than last year and in real terms, cheaper than a decade ago. 

With all due respect that's missing the point here though. Why should fans have their ticket prices raised well above inflation? What's the justification? Many will feel they are being forced out of seats and areas where they have sat for generations. Doesn't affect me as I've usually had my ST in the cheaper seats, be that Atyeo, East End and now the South Stand. But we should be showing solidarity here with our fellow supporters imho. 

1 minute ago, lenred said:

With all due respect that's missing the point here though. Why should fans have their ticket prices raised well above inflation? What's the justification? Many will feel they are being forced out of seats and areas where they have sat for generations. Doesn't affect me as I've usually had my ST in the cheaper seats, be that Atyeo, East End and now the South Stand. But We should be showing solidarity here with our fellow supporters imho. 

The annoying thing is without Diony there probably wouldn't be a need to raise prices :P

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

With all due respect that's missing the point here though. Why should fans have their ticket prices raised well above inflation? What's the justification? Many will feel they are being forced out of seats and areas where they have sat for generations. Doesn't affect me as I've usually had my ST in the cheaper seats, be that Atyeo, East End and now the South Stand. But we should be showing solidarity here with our fellow supporters imho. 

Yeah I’m not endorsing the rises, honestly. Just pointing out that there are tickets you can buy that are significantly cheaper if not happy with the prices. 

I get that we run at a loss and that increasing revenue is key. However....

Attendances are up, the cup run introduced new/lapsed fans to the redeveoped Ashton Gate and with the club pushing social media and the side trying to play attractive football surely the opportunity is there to cement their support for the long term.

All that good work looks to be eroded with these season ticket price increases. It'sa real shame that they haven't sought to capture this new market and celebrate the successes of this season and have instead opted for the tried and trusted method of 'let's see how much we can rinse them for'.

Opportunity missed.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yeah I’m not endorsing the rises, honestly. Just pointing out that there are tickets you can buy that are significantly cheaper if not happy with the prices. 

People shouldn't have to feel that they need to move though due to disproportionate high and unfair price rises though. That's the point here imho.  

16 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I agree, but there’s always going to be cheap options and more expensive options. No one is making anyone sit in the centre of the side stands - there are tickets for all budgets to be fair. 

I would be not happy to be priced out of where I sit but there are multiple different price bands available was my point, with the cheapest actually being less expensive than last year and in real terms, cheaper than a decade ago. 

Well if the 3 centre blocks of the Dolman all said, we want to relocate to more affordable seats, then there wouldn't be enough cheaper seats.

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

People shouldn't have to feel that they need to move though due to disproportionate high and unfair price rises though. That's the point here imho.  

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well if the 3 centre blocks of the Dolman all said, we want to relocate to more affordable seats, then there wouldn't be enough cheaper seats.

Fair points taken. I’m sure I’d feel a lot more strongly about it if it were my ticket that had skyrocketed. 

C’mon City, I thought you were listening to us? I can understand a small percentage increase across the entire stadium, but to pick on certain stands, certain concessions, is completely unacceptable.  And  expect us to renew before 19th March ? Some of us have only just paid for this season!

Totally unfair to us hardcore fans that have been there through lots of thin and very little thick, be careful, don’t threaten us with your deadlines and expect us to just hand over the cash. Unlike Bristol Sport, we’re not all made of money! 

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m not. I was talking about my Dad.

But, that said, broad discounts have to be broadly applicable. It’s even less true to suggest that working age people are “rolling in it” than it is pensioners.

See my previous post.

You did say "the concept of pensioner discount makes little sense in Britain in 2018". Sounds like you are lumping all pensioners together. 

My father died relatively young and didn't have a gold standard pension. My mother has the minimum state pension going and no other income. I buy her ticket, my own and 2 tickets for a 7 and 9 year old. I sit in the Dolman central. I don't care what Cardiff or anyone else are charging, that doesn't make it right. It's too expensive! 

28 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

My 6yr old son’s season ticket in W13 has gone from £50 to £335. 

My Dad and I have been season ticket holders near the centre of the Williams (now Lansdown) stand for 40 yrs and this season extended to three generations of city fans in the same stand. Like many, we were there long before the Lansdowns. I don’t want to watch my football from a poorer viewing position and I don’t want a sanitised, family experience for my family. 

Could Matt Parsons or someone else from the club please explain how a 570% increase in my son’s ticket is anything other than scandalous? 

Havent read all this thread but that is an utter disgrace if thats right?

20 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

You did say "the concept of pensioner discount makes little sense in Britain in 2018". Sounds like you are lumping all pensioners together. 

My father died relatively young and didn't have a gold standard pension. My mother has the minimum state pension going and no other income. I buy her ticket, my own and 2 tickets for a 7 and 9 year old. I sit in the Dolman central. I don't care what Cardiff or anyone else are charging, that doesn't make it right. It's too expensive! 

As I said, broad discounts have to be broadly applicable.

Sorry @Kingswood Robin, reading the above statement back it sounds overly harsh. I appreciate your mum’s situation. Of course everyone has their own unique circumstances, I don’t deny that. But equally there will be many people who don’t qualify for any age-related discount who will have their own affordability issues.

My point is, the pensioners discount is a broad, sweeping discount that therefore should be appropriate for the broad majority. Yet in 2018, in very broad terms pensioners are GENERALLY a bit more wealthy than the working population, who are often weighed down with huge mortgages (if they can afford a house at all), slow wage growth, and the high the cost of raising children. 

Therefore, it is highly questionable whether a discount solely based on being of pensionable age remains appropriate in 2018.

2 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Not expecting anyone from the club to respond on here, but will be calling/emailing them tomorrow and will let people know their response.

They bloody should explain it mate absolutely disgraceful.

This is one of those rare occasions where we all seem to be in agreement that the club have completely misjudged mood and what people consider affordable.

The silence from officials is somewhat surprising as with no game this midweek you would expect some sort of dialogue.

Still, first big test for @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO as we'll soon find out if he is in the pocket of Bristol Sport or if he has a voice within the club that might be at odds with the suits.

2 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

For me in the Dolman centre mine and three kids are going from £579 this year to £800 - I think I'll be moving to the South Stand!

I'd give the club a piece of your mind first, I'm going to. People shouldn't be just economically forced out of areas of the ground like that. In many cases areas that they've sat in for many years. 

Lots of people tagging Matt Parsons but I think he might be on holiday. Certainly he told us in S82 when discussing our flag set up this week that he was going to be away this week (not sure if he just meant Saturday for the match or all week?). 

If he is on leave this week, it does seem strange to announce ST prices like this and not expect a backlash. Surely you’d want your fans liaison officer in situ when making such a controversial announcement. 

My two-penneth - I find the increase in kids tickets quite extraordinary. I believed the club were aiming to get more kids to City, turn the whole City as red as it can get, make it the only choice for youngsters to attend City and wipe the other lot off the face of Bristol football. The kids prices in the last 2 seasons have been very commendable and certainly talked to a vision such as the above. With these increases for next season I’m certain it will drive some youngsters away. Poor show City. 

Can anyone explain why juniors aren’t being offered season tickets in the Lansdown outside the family area? What advantage is it to the club to do this?

The only thing I can think is that it frees up more expensive adult tickets in the most expensive part of the ground, but that’s generally one of the last stands to sell out anyway - and rarely does. So it’s not like they are missing out on prospective adult ticket sales anyway.

So what’s the point?

Archived