IGNORED

Hörður (Merged)

Port Said Red

I was one of those who was beginning to wonder whether the lad would learn what was required in this league, but since the last time he cost us a goal , he seems to have come back stronger and stronger. I thought that was one of his best performances today, strong in the air and on the ground and confident in his own ability. I realise that Wednesday were poor but I think that the most telling thing was that Flint looked comfortable with him there, which I can't say has been the case in the past. 
Yes, you could say he has a mistake in him, but you could say that about John Stones and how much did he cost?

Not the strongest  centre back, but having been to Italian defending school, Hörður actually reads attacks really well, and will often come in with a decisive intervention. Tuesday will be more of a challenge but without Hugill up front, can't imagine it will be as physical as taking on Nihiu.

4 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Just needs to avoid the tendency to be a bit casual at times, but he is still young and getting better all the time. I really like the lad, especially his long throws.

I did notice before his first long throw, he was not coming forward to take it until the Icelandic chant started.  Fan power?

I can't remember...serious question...have we ever scored from the consequences of a Hörður throw in?

1 minute ago, spudski said:

I can't remember...serious question...have we ever scored from the consequences of a Hörður throw in?

Cardiff at home Flint header from Hörður throw in, Leeds away as well, not direct but as a result of the general chaos. 

3 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Hörður is gettin better and better. Soon he will score I think.

Hopefully we'll see one of these free kicks that he developed with Pirlo.

Genuinely confident having him in the side now.

I realise why people worry about Maggy , he is all left foot. 

Any opposition will be able to play on that . 

He is a good player but I would be working on his right foot because he is a little predictable.

He loses valuable seconds as he takes the ball on to his left and we know where he's going with it .

58 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Just needs to avoid the tendency to be a bit casual at times, but he is still young and getting better all the time. I really like the lad, especially his long throws.

I did notice before his first long throw, he was not coming forward to take it until the Icelandic chant started.  Fan power?

Nail on the head there + needs to be stronger when it gets a little physical, is easy to out muscle at times.

He looks classy on the ball. Never rushed and rarely gives it away. His passing is always very accurate. 

You can see him improving every game. Really liked him in the middle today. 

Competition for places starting to develop all over the pitch. 

Stevo

There is no wonder he is rated after today's performance. In Maggers you have a centre half who can actually bring the ball out of defence, pick out decent passes etc. Baker and certainly not Flint are really capable of that. It was a significant contribution to our overall play today.

3 hours ago, Collis1 said:

There is no wonder he is rated after today's performance. In Maggers you have a centre half who can actually bring the ball out of defence, pick out decent passes etc. Baker and certainly not Flint are really capable of that. It was a significant contribution to our overall play today.

Have you been watching Flint recently? What's struck me most recently is the improvement of his passing, been playing brilliant some brilliant long balls recently.

Do agree RE Magnússon though. Glad to see him getting some proper praise on here.

He did ok today, words like superb are way over the top for me but I can understand Lj saying that to build his confidence. He made a couple of really poor passes 2nd half, one left Flint glaring at him I what looked like disbelief to me.  I still think he's short of confidence but he's improving.   For me he's still behind Flint, Baker and Wright in the centre back role.  

On 03/03/2018 at 20:17, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Solid game today. Very difficult against Nihui and Joao and they didn’t win many headers against him. He kept the ball well and has learned the key fact of if in doubt get that round fu**er out 

I still don’t think he’s learned the ‘key fact’ - he dwelt on the ball for way too long at one point yesterday and put us bang in trouble....he does this way too much. He just needs to eliminate it from his game...he’s done it too much eg Cardiff home and away and Man City at home to name but three....

Archived