IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

Good to watch Glos on the proper tele today rather than the, let’s be honest, second rate stream. 
It’s funny, I often think Key & Nas sound very similar, and if I’ve not been focussing 100% and they’ve changed commentator, I’m often unsure whether it’s Key or Nas. 
Right now, they are both commentating together, which is even better as I’ve no idea who’s talking to who ??

Edited by Harry
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TomF said:

Bugger that was bad wicket to lose at end of day. 

Not ideal but this is now looking like a 3 day game (with weather tomorrow) low scoring game is best way for a win. 200 would put us in a great position.

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

Another 50 up for Bracey. 
That’s 5 50’s in 5 LVCC games this season. 

The lad's class, shame he's gas. 

I played against him when he was in his teens. He trotted out in a Glos helmet playing for Winterbourne under his brother's captaincy. Batted straight but couldn't hit the ball off the square. You could see he had something, though. 

Fingers crosssed we get two sessions in at Lord's tomorrow. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Super said:

Actually weather looks a little better tomorrow now later in the afternoon.

It will stop raining at Lords around 3pm and the ground staff will have the covers off by about 4 30. Presumably they could do it in 10 minutes if Middlesex were in a winning position.

Seriously though, the home of cricket still dragging sheets around by hand in this day and age seems wilfully backward.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tin said:

Four wins from five in what’s been a superb start to the season for Glos. I’m really enjoying the brand of cricket we’re playing and the new county cricket format. 

The body language from the team is excellent, they never seem to be concerned no matter the position they are in during the game. 

I think we all thought the lack of a spinner was going to be an issue, but the variety in the pace attack is working well. All this without Van Buuren for the last three games as well.