IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

Best decision I've made in ages. As I'm home permanently for the foreseeable , I was very tempted. After the last few days, I thought better of it. A mate posted a picture from the ground and he looked damp. I was surprised that Glos still show live feed to the games as we are allowed back in.
Weather forecast looks unlikely another ball will be bowled.

While I was surprised that anyone would take on a risky single in the second over of a 4 day game, great run out all the same.

37 minutes ago, Super said:

Some innings by Darren Stevens 182 no with 15 sixes!

Indeed.

Partnership of 166 between Darren Stevens and Miguel Cummins:

Darren Stevens 160

Miguel Cummins 1

Extras 5

Stevens' contribution of 96.38% in the partnership is the highest in a 100+ run stand in first-class cricket.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed.

Partnership of 166 between Darren Stevens and Miguel Cummins:

Darren Stevens 160

Miguel Cummins 1

Extras 5

Stevens' contribution of 96.38% in the partnership is the highest in a 100+ run stand in first-class cricket.

Crikey that is insane.

5 minutes ago, TomF said:

Overton absolutely deserves to start for England 

Should be if we're looking ahead to Australia as well, imo we should be looking at an attack down under of Archer, Stone, Overton, Stokes as seamers. With Archer and Stokes out injured I'd be playing Broad, Anderson, Overton and Stone this summer

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Good fight back for the 7th wicket, the only way there will be a result now is if the captains contrive a finish tomorrow.

With the forecast for rain in the afternoon I think that’d entail the Glos captain forfeiting their 2nd innings.......and 5 wickets of this innings

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Just sending the message the game earlier this season was a one off, if not for rain Gloucestershire could have had an even more embarrassing innings than the 70’s all out last season 

?

Yeah the "one offs" at the top of the table, they are clearly rubbish really.  I think it's far more likely that when its not raining, it's perfect bowling conditions, moisture and a stiff breeze.

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have some bad news for you Port.

Watching the live stream, I see they are removing the covers - play to resume at 12H00 your time ?.

Can`t see it lasting though unfortunately. It`s lashing it down down here in Devon and has been for the last hour so it`s on it`s way up. The forecast is it`s set in for the rest of the day.