IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

10 minutes ago, TomF said:

Weather forecast looks better for today. Muggy cloud cover might be to our advantage 

You could be right: I’ll check and see what AGod has to say about it.

I hope there is no problem with the light as, apparently, the faulty floodlight that caused play to stop early on Thursday is not due to be repaired until tomorrow!

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Apart from Hamkond again. I think what we are seeing is what we have known for a few seasons, there is little strength in depth. Take out Brathwaite, Bracey and Van Buuren and we look like the old Glos. :(

Yeah, you’re absolutely right. We’ve got the nucleus of a decent side, but take out those three and add Higgins’ and Dent’s losses of form and this is the result. Ah well, it was nice while it lasted. 

• Like 1

So, a (quite high points scoring) draw it is.

Now comfortably top of the group, with just two games (Leics and Surrey) to come.

Should Somerset beat Leics at Taunton and Hants win one/draw one of their remaining two games, we should go through top of the group.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

Very much seemed a case of 'just don't lose' with todays declaration, given our points deduction we've done well to be 10 clear with 2 games to go, now just need to go out and beat Leicestershire and we're all but through. We should have Overton, Leach and Conway when we play the last two which will be a boost.

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Very much seemed a case of 'just don't lose' with todays declaration, given our points deduction we've done well to be 10 clear with 2 games to go, now just need to go out and beat Leicestershire and we're all but through. We should have Overton, Leach and Conway when we play the last two which will be a boost.

Is DC contracted to play red ball cricket?

6 hours ago, TomF said:

We're pinning our hopes on Hampshire coming through with us I think. We'd then carry over 18-19 points into the next stage. If Glos or Surrey were to finish in top two we'd carry a lot less due to loss/abandoned games+limited bonus points

It does make sense. Not sure I approve, but the format does encourage some odd things. I was thinking in round 10 there may be some odd tactical decisions, wasn't expecting it this soon. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I haven't read it yet, but I love him already !

My enemy's enemy is my friend !

I know this thread is about cricket, and Gould's opposition to the 100 is laudable and obviously shows him to be a proper good bloke. However, from the perspective of City, my favourite bit is "These new teams will exist for 33 days a year. They have no player pathways. No academy. No age group teams. No regional community projects. They don’t have international venues. Our domestic clubs do so much: they provide focus and pride." That's a very desirable attitude that I want to see in our CEO. Tells me he will see value in everything that Bristol City does, and isn't solely focussed on getting to the Premier League. Hopefully signals even more investment in local youth, the community of BS3 and Bristol as a whole, and the club's charity work.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, TomF said:

ECB getting desperate now to plug the 100 by taking down T20 streams. Absolute pathetic.

Also Simon Harmer, **** off 

It's available here should anybody need it,  unfortunately it is still 4 wickets down no matter where you watch it.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

36 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Is (was) anyone watching the live Somerset stream?

My stream has just been cut abruptly, with a message saying it is for copyright reasons.

The live streams have been hacked a few times on YouTube today

Nothing to do with ECB

Edited by ralphindevon
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

Just about par I would say. We need to bowl tightly in the power play 

Yes decent last few overs gives us every chance

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Interestingly, Ben Green was top scorer with 43 NO (three sixes).

Struck the ball really nicely