IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

• Admin
51 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Just put the Glamorgan stream on as it looks like it'll be a tight finish and I can see why people were complaining about it during the Somerset game the other night. Jerking and stuttering to the point of being unwatchable.

Given them time, they only got electricity in Wales a few years ago. Once they get an update on the dial up Internet modem from 33.6k to 56.6k things should improve. 

• Haha 1

Anyone who watched it all know if Goldsworthy picked up an injury? Would be strange he didn’t bowl at all and Byrom had a few overs. 

at least for the actual 50 over we get Hildreth, Brooks, Davies etc back 

13 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I kind of want to watch to see how much of a car crash it’ll be, but at the same time I don’t want to give them another viewing figure 

If you need another reason not to watch, BBC have Vaughan and Tufnell giving it the "how do you do fellow kids?" routine.

I was just peeping to see if anyone has started a 100 thread, thankfully no.

I did have a quick look and had a laugh when they said it’s a simplified form of cricket so young people can understand, the next 5 minutes of commentary none of them seemed to have a clue what was happening…..including me

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Oh yeah! The graphics are going the way of American football.

What will be next -  touch downs instead of trys in rugby?

We had a discussion last week on the forum about colourblind friendly sport. This. This is really, really not it. In fact it's possibly the best way to make a TV show about as unwelcoming to the colourblind as you can. As if this Hundred muck couldn't get any worse.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Oh yeah! The graphics are going the way of American football.

What will be next -  touch downs instead of trys in rugby?

And here's Benny Stokes, from the locker-room end, steaming towards the creaseline for the 3rd chuck of his first five, Joey Root swings his hitboard...and MISSES! It goes past him and backstop Buttler slam-dunks the ball into the gate, sending the sticks flying. Joey's out of his area, the referee flags and, gee-whillikers, Joey-boy is sent off, with only 7 in-betweens to his name. York-Shire Pigiron are up against the wall now with 3 down to 24 in-betweens. And now a word from our sponsors.  

Nuts

(Honestly, the sponsors are nuts)

• Haha 2

The feature on the BBC live text page that lets you give a thumbs up or thumbs down to each post stopped working during the game earlier.

I'm sure it was a genuine technical hitch and absolutely nothing to do with the fact that almost every post was getting heavily downvoted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fordy62 said:

I have several problems. 

I don’t know what’s different. 
I don’t know who to support. 
They’re trying too hard. 

On the plus side they have a ginge dressed like a knob playing live halfway through 🤭

On 19/07/2021 at 11:21, slartibartfast said:

Look, when we went to Lords all those times (and won) the amount of City shirts on view far, far outweighed the slags, but then, that's what you'd expect. A microcosm of Bristol in general !

Remember being a kid at Lords and celebrating with Gasheads in 99 when we beat Somerset.

Bittersweet.

1 minute ago, GodEmperor Palpatine said:

Remember being a kid at Lords and celebrating with Gasheads in 99 when we beat Somerset.

Bittersweet.

I certainly remember going on the pitch in front of the balcony and all you could see were celebrating reds !

15 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I’ve been as disparaging as anyone about the hundred but now it’s started will give it a chance. So far the kids at my cricket club seem to be loving it and it’s on the BBC so they can all watch it 

Fine ,if that's the way you feel. In that case why have you all been disenfranchised by not having a team to support ( and don't say Welsh Fire ,for ***** sake ) ?:dunno: